Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR blk/blk, 18”, no fsd
OD 11/01, Chicagoland Area

“Estimated Jan 2022”
Initial EDD 12/03 - 12/27
11/25 EDD 1/13 - 2/13
1/1 EDD 2/16 - 3/16
2/4 EDD 2/19 - 3/5

Man, tough seeing all these Jan order dates get cars so quick. Haven’t placed any holds or rejected any VINs yet
I haven’t seen much movement for Midwest delivery, hoping we see ours before EOM.

Reactions: akajester
So cal
White/white/18/no FSD

OD. 11/24 standard range M3
EDD march to April

11/29 change to LR M3 so new OD of 11/29
Edd feb 2
Edd 1/13-2/10
EDD before 12/31
Put a hold on 12/16
Released hold 1/4
3/8-3/31
1/23-2/6
1/26-2/5
1/29-2/21
1/30-2/13
2/2-2/13
2/5-2/28
2/6-2-19
2/9-2/19

VIN received last night 2/8 with en EDD pickup date in Buena Park of 2/11-2/14.

Main thing was making sure my profile was always complete. Last week my trade in offer expired. My SA said to input the info asap because once my trade in info expires it would put my account back on hold and unable to be matched to a vehicle. A day later he text me to update my credit app because it would be expiring the next day as well and that could put the account on hold too. So make sure everything is completed. At all times.
How did you know your trade info and credit app had expired?

M3LR blk/blk, 18”, no fsd
OD 11/01, Chicagoland Area

“Estimated Jan 2022”
Initial EDD 12/03 - 12/27
11/25 EDD 1/13 - 2/13
1/1 EDD 2/16 - 3/16
2/4 EDD 2/19 - 3/5

Man, tough seeing all these Jan order dates get cars so quick. Haven’t placed any holds or rejected any VINs yet
This whole experience has been kind of weird, though I don't miss the frustrating dealer back and forth.

My OD was 01/07 for MSM/White/aero/no fsd
EDD was 02/22 - 03/22

Change configuration on 01/31 to BLACK/White/aero/no fsd
EDD stayed the same 02/22 - 03/22

Received VIN 177xxx this morning with EDD of 02/25 - 03/01

I assumed that I would have to wait longer to get the VIN since I changed configuration on 01/31/22…. My order date was even revised to 01/31 but the RN stayed the same. Anyway, I am pleasantly surprised that I, apparently, did not have to start the time clock over.

My OD was 01/07 for MSM/White/aero/no fsd
EDD was 02/22 - 03/22

Change configuration on 01/31 to BLACK/White/aero/no fsd
EDD stayed the same 02/22 - 03/22

Received VIN 177xxx this morning with EDD of 02/25 - 03/01

I assumed that I would have to wait longer to get the VIN since I changed configuration on 01/31/22…. My order date was even revised to 01/31 but the RN stayed the same. Anyway, I am pleasantly surprised that I, apparently, did not have to start the time clock over.
I had the same experience, changing configuration/color does not change your place in the line.

the 6-50 is not talked about enough. It charges at the same rate as the 14-50 and does not require a neutral wire. That is what I went with. I do recognize however, it is the less common format.
Here is a good thread on Nema 14-50 and Nema 6-50. Looks like the 14-50 is more common and that is what I have installed in my garage but the 6-50 is an option, too.

Still have a 30 day window! Emailed my SA to see if he had any insight. Feels strange to have no seen any movement in over a month, almost a month and a half now. Especially since I have a VIN before I put my hold.
We do have the same order date and configuration and we both are on the East Coast. Really strange that you did not have any movement in 2022. Either text Tesla (you can text back the message you got when you did your order) or call your local Tesla store.

Reactions: montanaco
If you are unsure about your profile is complete, you can just shoot them a text from the same number that sent you the "Welcome" text. I did that this morning and they told me that everything looks good on their end. I did 3rd party finance, but I had to do it over the phone because my first choice was Tesla Finance until my bank beat their rates (USAA).

Not here to talk about rates, but just the fact that you can verify your profile completion over text!

Reactions: ds335
Edit got the vin - 5YJxxxxxxNF174xxx. That’s a high 170s so I should assume it’s coming with the goodies like heated wiper, amd, etc etc?

I am in Toronto/Oakville area in Ontario Canada
Wow let me know how this pans out for you as my Model 3 white/black/aero was ordered Jan 17. and my EDD is March 16-31 for Innisfil, ON location

I spoke to a SA yesterday (114min wait time to get through - thank god for callbacks) to ask him about delivery for myself as i'll be flying to Toronto to pick it up from Thunder Bay (15hr drive/1400KM) and they were giving me a very small window to pickup and said it had to be within 3 days of delivery.. and were will to be flexible by hours, not days🤯. this definatly put a sour taste in my mouth for someone that has to travel and try to plan a pickup. One would think they would be able to bend the rules to assist with time off work/hotel booking/flight booking.

Maybe when it gets closer i can talk to someone higher up and see

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4 and DasTasla
Ordered mine Jan 20

EDD Feb 21 - March 21

Vancouver BC

Not sure what else to say here...
Colour, Interior Colour, Wheel Size, FSD or no FSD
Got up this morning with a message to accept vision statement. This Means I am getting close right?

I did the VIN check through source code but no VIN assigned yet. Typically how long does it take?

Also my EDD was moved back from Feb 28 to mar 28, to feb 20-feb27

Red/white/aero ordered on 3rd jan
IIRC once you accept it the VIN pops up
I just went to my account page on the Tesla website, and found that I have been assigned a VIN number in the 178 range, and a delivery date of 3-20 to 3-26. My order date was Jan 2.
I have a few questions that I hope someone here can answer.

Will I be contacted by text or phone for further instructions, or will I have to just keep checking the app or the website?

Is there a way to find out if it has the Ryzen chip and updated 12v battery?
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Sport Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
People in this thread have been contacted through various means - text, phone calls, and email. Some have also seen changes via the app before anyone contacted them.

Reactions: SmallDogs
Got up this morning with a message to accept vision statement. This Means I am getting close right?

I did the VIN check through source code but no VIN assigned yet. Typically how long does it take?

Also my EDD was moved back from Feb 28 to mar 28, to feb 20-feb27

Red/white/aero ordered on 3rd jan
oh man, ANOTHER person with my exact configuration, ordering nearly at the identical time as me, who has a VIN. Meanwhile, over here on LI, I still have the original EDD: 2/20-3/20. Zero movement and not a peep from Tesla in a month. 😪

Reactions: disneygirl420
oh man, ANOTHER person with my exact configuration, ordering nearly at the identical time as me, who has a VIN. Meanwhile, over here on LI, I still have the original EDD: 2/20-3/20. Zero movement and not a peep from Tesla in a month. 😪
Well, I ordered 12 days after you but I feel ur pain. My EDD has also not moved. I got a trade-in text yesterday. But hoping to see some movement next week. Hope u get ur VIN soon!

Reactions: goinelectric