Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are unsure about your profile is complete, you can just shoot them a text from the same number that sent you the "Welcome" text. I did that this morning and they told me that everything looks good on their end. I did 3rd party finance, but I had to do it over the phone because my first choice was Tesla Finance until my bank beat their rates (USAA).

Not here to talk about rates, but just the fact that you can verify your profile completion over text!
when I first joined this forum a month ago people were saying that Tesla would match a lower rate if you found one is that no longer true?

People may not want to hear this, but in the model Y subforum, I was checking in on the Model Y performance version of this thread (because I have a model YP on order for my wife). Over the last few days, quite a few people reported "current" vins being assigned but those vins having intel vs AMD.

I am NOT (repeat, I am NOT) advocating one way or another that someone should or should not wait for the amd processor, and as I have said before, thats an individual decision.

The only reason I mention it, is that it seemed that we had come to some determination that Model 3 Vins 160XXX+ = AMD, so its possible that people stopped checking into it. You may still need to check with your SA if this is something that is important to you, at least if the chatter in the model Y P waiting room thread is any indication.
Not sure if this has been tried before, but would anyone with a confirmed AMD be willing to supply their full VIN? I am digging through their available source code for their parts catalog and it gives the option to supply a VIN. I want to see if we can test this method to see if there is differing part #'s.

Reactions: disneygirl420
I’ve been reading that quite a few folks have been trading in their older vehicles. Maybe my experience is an outlier but I got a quote that was almost 40% below what a similar car on private sites was going for (listed really not sure if they ended up being sold for that much).

Even if it was 25% below, for me that was a sizable chunk of change to let go for any pains I may have to take with selling privately or dmv.

I’m wondering what benefit outweighs several thousand dollars of difference.
Selling privately is honestly a cake walk. Took less than a week to sell my BMW and the offer I got was 5k more than what teslas estimate was.

People may not want to hear this, but in the model Y subforum, I was checking in on the Model Y performance version of this thread (because I have a model YP on order for my wife). Over the last few days, quite a few people reported "current" vins being assigned but those vins having intel vs AMD.

I am NOT (repeat, I am NOT) advocating one way or another that someone should or should not wait for the amd processor, and as I have said before, thats an individual decision.

The only reason I mention it, is that it seemed that we had come to some determination that Model 3 Vins 160XXX+ = AMD, so its possible that people stopped checking into it. You may still need to check with your SA if this is something that is important to you, at least if the chatter in the model Y P waiting room thread is any indication.

New member here but have been lurking for a long time while waiting for my order. I received my Model 3 LR VIN yesterday 175XXX and wasn't even going to check on the chip/battery assuming it would have the upgraded components. After seeing some of those comments this morning I decided to reach out to Tesla to verify and I was told my "Infotainment" is AMD but the battery is the older battery. I also reached out to my SA via text and was told the same thing.

Everything I've seen so far suggests the LI-ION battery/MCU go hand in hand so either I'm a unicorn or the info on one of those components is incorrect.

New member here but have been lurking for a long time while waiting for my order. I received my Model 3 LR VIN yesterday 175XXX and wasn't even going to check on the chip/battery assuming it would have the upgraded components. After seeing some of those comments this morning I decided to reach out to Tesla to verify and I was told my "Infotainment" is AMD but the battery is the older battery. I also reached out to my SA via text and was told the same thing.

Everything I've seen so far suggests the LI-ION battery/MCU go hand in hand so either I'm a unicorn or the info on one of those components is incorrect.

Everything I have seen in both subforums (model 3 and Y) suggests the same thing, that AMD processor goes with new Li Ion battery.

Tesla has a real case of the "osborne effect" happening here, imo, but they didnt cause it themselves. They actually try to prevent it by not telling anyone about upgrades, which is how a company prevents the very real osborne effect consequences. This being 2022 however, you cant hide anything for very long.

For those unaware of what that is, its basically a manufacturer has "the new thing" and people want it so will no longer buy "the old thing" without consessions.

omg!

Everything I have seen in both subforums (model 3 and Y) suggests the same thing, that AMD processor goes with new Li Ion battery.

Tesla has a real case of the "osborne effect" happening here, imo, but they didnt cause it themselves. They actually try to prevent it by not telling anyone about upgrades, which is how a company prevents the very real osborne effect consequences. This being 2022 however, you cant hide anything for very long.

For those unaware of what that is, its basically a manufacturer has "the new thing" and people want it so will no longer buy "the old thing" without consessions.

Yeah it's pretty hard to hide changes like that for long in 2022. The other VINs I've seen around mine for the Model 3 appear to have the AMD/Li-Ion setup so I'm assuming the battery info the SAs have is incorrect.

Ruh roh... Here I was thinking those 2 were now a safe bet but it sounds like they're making Frankenstein cars now to get rid of the old parts that people otherwise were rejecting in the lower VINs!
Thanks for the heads up I'll be sure to confirm when I get my VIN.

• Funny
Reactions: disneygirl420
Ruh roh... Here I was thinking those 2 were now a safe bet but it sounds like they're making Frankenstein cars now to get rid of the old parts that people otherwise were rejecting in the lower VINs!
Thanks for the heads up I'll be sure to confirm when I get my VIN.
Yeah I won't be picking it up for 2 weeks so I'll update everyone then whether it's a Frankenstein. I was surprised to see both my SA and and Tesla customer service agent confirm the same thing independently.

Reactions: jonjon09