Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The NEMA 6-50 is typically associated with welding machines, so it's not really all that rare.

Out of curiosity, I finally replied to the Welcome text message, and asked for an estimate when I'd see a VIN. My current EDD is Feb 24 - Mar 24, so it could be any day now, theoretically.

I was told "within the first two weeks of March". Ouch. I guess that would really shrink my window to more like Mar10 - Mar24
😭
I did the same today and they gave me the "sometime between your estimate" response. So basically either they don't know or they don't care to look it up. Mine is currently Feb 22-Mar 8th.

For every business decision there are pros and cons. Tesla made the business decision to not have traditional model versions (= model years usually) where everyone is on the same page, everyone knows what's in a particular version and all customers know exactly which version their money is buying. Tesla made the decision to instead make upgrades when they can piecemeal I suspect because it gives them flexibility dealing with their supply chain partners, because that flexibility gives them flexibility about how and when they retool their lines and because not having discreet versions allows them to not discount older models. But that decision also leads to situations like this; because customers are not buying any particular version they can gamble by delaying their orders in hopes of getting upgrades.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I disagree. Tesla DID cause it themselves. This is a natural consequence of Tesla's own decisions. They reap the positive benefits but also own the negative consequences.

I also disagree that companies keeping a current product a secret and not telling customers exactly what's in the product they're currently buying is at all normal. What other companies do is not tell customers what's in the NEXT version. What Tesla is doing is not telling customers what's in the current product they'll get after they've paid!
What I’m most confused about is Tesla’s methodology for determining which cars are getting the “upgraded” components and which aren’t. Why are the most expensive, Model Y performance suddenly switching back while the cheapest Model 3s seemingly are being produced with the newest upgrades. Is Tesla just trying to sneak these in thinking no one is checking on the MYP now or do they say these components as equivalent/interchangeable regardless of what us as consumers think?

Reactions: CarlThompson
Day 35 of twiddling thumbs.... I did have a minor triumph today - Finally got a tracking # on my Tesla Shields order.
So very soon I'll have an installed wall charger, mats, a SSD for sentry mode, and some detailing supplies.
I only need one more thing.......
I am in the same boat. I ordered on 12/31/. no update and i been seeing people after us luckily get their car.

People may not want to hear this, but in the model Y subforum, I was checking in on the Model Y performance version of this thread (because I have a model YP on order for my wife). Over the last few days, quite a few people reported "current" vins being assigned but those vins having intel vs AMD.

I am NOT (repeat, I am NOT) advocating one way or another that someone should or should not wait for the amd processor, and as I have said before, thats an individual decision.

The only reason I mention it, is that it seemed that we had come to some determination that Model 3 Vins 160XXX+ = AMD, so its possible that people stopped checking into it. You may still need to check with your SA if this is something that is important to you, at least if the chatter in the model Y P waiting room thread is any indication.
Out of curiosity, how reliable are those “reports”? From the actual car or words from SA or something else?
I’m thinking *maybe* some SAs used their intuition without really “checking”. I’ve also got a text from a SA that all cars manufactured after Jan have AMD. It’s not surprising to hear conflict things from different SAs.

Out of curiosity, how reliable are those “reports”? From the actual car or words from SA or something else?
I’m thinking *maybe* some SAs used their intuition without really “checking”. I’ve also got a text from a SA that all cars manufactured after Jan have AMD. It’s not surprising to hear conflict things from different SAs.

They are "My SA said" same as other reports, so as reliable (or not) as that. However, multiple people have been getting those reports for multiple vins, and others also saying they are seeing similar on Reddit (which I refuse to check, because .... reddit).

Reactions: Maple00
Clicked the do not want to trade car in button {$33k offered by Tesla for my 2021 M3SR+, local dealership (not tesla $57000 CDN) hopefully that will speed things up / complete my profile...

Do I have to upload proof of insurance? I'm just transferring, it's not really something we usually do in Canada...

Told my SA to reject the 158XXX VIN since it doesn't have Ryzen. I waited this long, might as well get the new CPU rather than someone else's rejected car 😂

Definitely! I waited and it didn't take long till I was assigned a 172 VIN with Ryzen. I know new tech will be released in the future but right now I was able to choose a fresh apple over an old one. M3LR MSM, Aero, No FSD.

EDD update:

M3LR Black/Black/18" no FSD
OD: 12/16/21
EDD #1 on 12/16: 1/22 - 2/19
EDD #2 on 12/18: 12/28 - 12/31
EDD #3 on 12/29: 1/19 - 2/16
EDD #4 on 1/20: 2/25 - 3/25
EDD #5 on 1/27: 2/1 - 3/1
EDD #6 on 2/1: 2/3 - 3/1
EDD #7 on 2/4: 2/7 - 2/21
EDD #8 on 2/8: 2/9 - 2/21
EDD #9 on 2/10: 2/15 - 3/15

this car is annoying me even before ownership. feeling like it’s going to be march — if i’m lucky.