Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That VIN # doesn't indicate a car build in Dec or Early Jan. Thats a new off the line car. MY Performance people have been saying the same thing, that the Intel's are coming back in new production related vehicles. I was hoping they were the outlier, but it seems like its in all the lines now.

FINALLY GOT A VIN

M3LR blk/blk, 18”, no fsd
OD 11/01, Chicagoland Area

“Estimated Jan 2022”
Initial EDD 12/03 - 12/27
11/25 - EDD 1/13 - 2/13
1/1 - EDD 2/16 - 3/16
2/4 - EDD 2/19 - 3/5

2/11 - VIN 173, EDD 2/24-2/27, states the car is still being built on the app

I got the same trade in text two weeks back. Still no VIN. But my EDD shortened to Feb 22 - March 7. I’m located in Cincinnati. Have seen one more post with similar EDD in the same location. I think Tesla is prioritizing Ohio and nearby for the next Three weeks.

I have been waiting since OCTOBER 10,2021. never put on hold This is sooo frustrating
I hope they are prioritizing cincinnati ohio. I live in kentucky and am picking my msm/black up there if it ever gets ready. In all fairness I did just order on 1/25 lol

For those who like the details:

White/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area, US

12/10 - Initial order
12/10 - Initial order EDD: February
12/10 - EDD: Feb 22 - Mar 22
12/17 - EDD: Jan 16 - Feb 13
01/17 - EDD: Jan 27 - Feb 24
01/28 - EDD: Feb 04 - Feb 18
02/05 - EDD: Feb 07 - Feb 18
02/08 - EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 21
02/11 - EDD: Feb 13 - Feb 24
02/11 - Corrected delivery location to Fremont
02/11 - VIN assigned: 5YJ3E1EB7NF177xxx
02/11 - EDD: Feb 12 - Feb 17

Some notes... SA says the car has the new LV battery but didn't mention whether it has Ryzen. I'll ask again. Since getting to about a 2 week EDD window SA has been more responsive but still not great and seems easily confused. It doesn't seem like changing my paint and interior colors multiple times affected my delivery timeline very much if at all (last change was Jan 3).

Where in the source code do you find the vin? Is it near the top after the description stuff?

It's easiest to use Google Chrome and install an extension like "Tesla VIN Finder" or "Tesla Order Info Extender." See the instructions on Google's extension site. For me, though, the Tesla site showed the VIN immediately; I didn't really need the extensions.

Last edited:
IIRC I got a trade-in text at the same day I got the "welcome to the Tesla family" text.

I got another flurry of emails this morning - seems like the other teams at Tesla (Finance, Trade-in, etc.) start at 9AM PST.
After the Tesla Finance team let the bank know about my pending trade-in I got approved this morning.
3.65% 96 months RBC.

My SA has been keeping tabs on me and also emailed me this morning to confirm the status of my account.
She also specifically requested that I hold off on planning anything around the delivery date I selected, including insurance, as it seems the border protests are causing delivery delays, which means Tesla's own arrival inspection of the vehicle will be pushed back.

I know others are waiting for their Teslas to come in, so here's my list of things I've put on the Altar of Elon so far:

BASENOR Mud Flaps Splash Guards
SUMK Model 3/Y Tempered Glass Screen Protector
3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats
AbstractOcean Center Console Vinyl Wrap for Model 3/Y (2nd Gen Console)
BougeRV Car Cover for Tesla Model 3
mp3 sound box (Waifu Prison)
(2x) 12" by 3" anime/weeb decals
Winner Outfitters Dog Car Seat Cover (just ordered this morning)

Tesla Wall Connector isn't my radar for +6 months at least.
96mo loan??? You are going to get wrecked on interest to the tune $8k

IIRC I got a trade-in text at the same day I got the "welcome to the Tesla family" text.

I got another flurry of emails this morning - seems like the other teams at Tesla (Finance, Trade-in, etc.) start at 9AM PST.
After the Tesla Finance team let the bank know about my pending trade-in I got approved this morning.
3.65% 96 months RBC.

My SA has been keeping tabs on me and also emailed me this morning to confirm the status of my account.
She also specifically requested that I hold off on planning anything around the delivery date I selected, including insurance, as it seems the border protests are causing delivery delays, which means Tesla's own arrival inspection of the vehicle will be pushed back.

I know others are waiting for their Teslas to come in, so here's my list of things I've put on the Altar of Elon so far:

BASENOR Mud Flaps Splash Guards
SUMK Model 3/Y Tempered Glass Screen Protector
3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats
AbstractOcean Center Console Vinyl Wrap for Model 3/Y (2nd Gen Console)
BougeRV Car Cover for Tesla Model 3
mp3 sound box (Waifu Prison)
(2x) 12" by 3" anime/weeb decals
Winner Outfitters Dog Car Seat Cover (just ordered this morning)

Tesla Wall Connector isn't my radar for +6 months at least.
3.65% wow that's high. And then you add the 96 months omg. Shop around

It looks like I will indeed be accepting delivery of a Polestar 2 in Austin, TX this morning.

If that happens would you mind posting in the thread we have here comparing the Polestar 2 to the Model 3 after you've had it for a few days?

Good luck with your purchase!

Last edited:
96mo loan??? You are going to get wrecked on interest to the tune $8k
3.65% wow that's high. And then you add the 96 months omg. Shop around
Gives me flexibility in my budget.
Your monthly payment is the minimum. No one says I can't make extra payments.
Why pay more now when I can invest the difference in a globally diversified portfolio of 100% equities returning 7% yoy?
If all goes as planned I'll pay it off in 2 years.
With inflation devaluing assets as well as debt, it's advantageous to select the longest term.

Reactions: DasTasla
Gives me flexibility in my budget.
Your monthly payment is the minimum. No one says I can't make extra payments.
Why pay more now when I can invest the difference in a globally diversified portfolio of 100% equities returning 7% yoy?
If all goes as planned I'll pay it off in 2 years.
With inflation devaluing assets as well as debt, it's advantageous to select the longest term.
All valid points. Congrats on planning to paying it off much earlier. I should not have assumed your situation. Most people selecting those longer terms dont have any intentions of paying off early and are doing so to be able to just "afford" the lower payments. In most cases, terms that long are predatory.

M3LR, Black Exterior / White Interior, 18', No FSD - Irvine, CA Delivery Center

Order Date: 1/06/2022
Original: "March 2022"
EDD Update: Jan 31 - Feb 28
EDD Update 2: Jan 23 - Jan 31
EDD Update 3: Jan 31 - Feb 28

Changed order 1/29: M3LR, Blue Exterior / White Interior, 18', No FSD

EDD Update 4: Feb 7 - Mar 7
EDD Update 5: Feb 10 - March 10
EDD Update 6: Feb 11 - March 10

VIN assigned Feb 11, scheduled delivery for today, 2/12, VIN 176 from Fremont, CA 😇

Cheers - I was going to make my weekly pilgrimage tomorrow. Last week was jam packed with cars as well, they are really shifting these things quick here. My car is EDD 20 Feb-26 Feb, so it should be coming in soon.
For those who like the details:

White/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area, US

12/10 - Initial order
12/10 - Initial order EDD: February
12/10 - EDD: Feb 22 - Mar 22
12/17 - EDD: Jan 16 - Feb 13
01/17 - EDD: Jan 27 - Feb 24
01/28 - EDD: Feb 04 - Feb 18
02/05 - EDD: Feb 07 - Feb 18
02/08 - EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 21
02/11 - EDD: Feb 13 - Feb 24
02/11 - Corrected delivery location to Fremont
02/11 - VIN assigned: 5YJ3E1EB7NF177xxx
02/11 - EDD: Feb 12 - Feb 17

Some notes... SA says the car has the new LV battery but didn't mention whether it has Ryzen. I'll ask again. Since getting to about a 2 week EDD window SA has been more responsive but still not great and seems easily confused. It doesn't seem like changing my paint and interior colors multiple times affected my delivery timeline very much if at all (last change was Jan 3).

It's easiest to use Google Chrome and install an extension like "Tesla VIN Finder." See the instructions on Google's extension site.
I tried this extension. But nothing shows up. Not sure if it’s even working

I tried this extension. But nothing shows up. Not sure if it’s even working
In Chrome, ctrl + u, check the line wrap box, select "find" from the three dot menu in upper right corner, enter "insurancef" and it will show you the line with VIN. If you search for "VIN" you get 100+ results and have to scroll through them.

Here is an update from a SA about my lengthy push back. Hopefully this helps ease others anxiety haha
4EC1764C-61C3-490F-82B8-27A871182A1C.jpeg