Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found out about that a week after I ordered from a friend of mine. I'm surprised its not more clear when you're ordering that payment details need to be 100% finalized before you receive a VIN. I suppose that's due to the large amount of orders and to avoid them wasting their time.

Yup, completed financing tasks in early Dec '21. Called Tesla multiple times to confirm that I wasn't missing anything, and I wasn't.

Fingers crossed theres an update soon. I've been sitting on all of my accessories/spoiler/plans for wrapping and tinting VERY patiently until the past two weeks.
Yeah I'm guessing thats why... They're getting through the December orders now in MA... hopefully you're soon

Home delivery scheduled for 2/23!

Ordered: M3LR Blue/Black, 18" Aero, no FSD, Cleveland OH area
OD: 2/4/2022; original delivery est.: March 2022
Past EDDs: 2/19-3/1, 2/21-2/25
Scheduled Delivery: 2/23
VIN: F177XXX (Ryzen + li-ion confirmed via phone call)

For home delivery, should I just be waiting for them so I can be there to ask them to leave the car unlocked for a quick inspection?
Also for final payment, is there any reason I should wait to pay that?
Wait, what? That's unheard of.

I hope that's right, I'm in Columbus and ordered the exact same options as you back in January and have no VIN yet.

Reactions: Misslove_143
I’m having buyers remorse. 2022 M3LR 6 weeks in ~1000 miles and the roof glass cracked. Service center said it was a small impact of sorts. Don’t know when it happened. ~$1200. Also had a visor wire issue that they repaired but they said they had to replace in the long term.
This happened to a friend of my mine and his Y. I’m getting insurance quotes with an additional glass policy for this exact reason. Most in my state is an extra $20 with no deductible

@ the people who're taking delivery soon...are you guys paying thru ACH or mailing check? I'm a little uneasy on paying such a large amount through the app..etc...Not sure If I can take the check to Tesla when i go pick up, or if they need the check prior to pickup..
I don't plan to ACH this time, and I took a certified check last time. No issues. I made my SA well aware of this, though.

Reactions: Misslove_143
M3LR/MSM/White/Aero/NoFSD
OD: 2/07
EDD: 3/6-3/31
Washington, DC/Pickup Tyco Rd
Update :( on my order... Had been looking forward to welcoming Spring in a new car, but alas...

EDD (time of order): 3/6-3/31
EDD (2/14): 5/1-5/29

That is a really large jump, wonder what is up with logistics/manufacturing at Fremont.

Got a welcome updated on my estimated delivery date:

M3 Dual Motor, White, 18" No FSD

OD 1/12/22
1/13 EDD: Mar 30 - 31
1/20 EDD: Mar 2 - 30
2/13 EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 14

Also, spoke to my car insurance, the Model 3 will cost $400 more to insure than our other gas powered car. That was not welcome news, but from what I have heard in this forum, that is not uncommon.
Got a quote from my insurance $20 cheaper than my 2021 RAV4.

I always thought that wasn't true about incomplete profiles?

Can anybody who got delivery confirm that trade-in & payment options have to be completed to get a VIN assigned?
I never responded to the trade-in text and never submitted a trade-in (or I actually selected "no"). I also selected cash.

I lurked here long enough to know that with EOY 2021 push, countless people putting and removing holds, and the delays meant that the best thing to do was "complete" the profile, wait for a VIN, then re-start/edit the trade-in and payment options after, especially since your trade-in offer and financing rate would expire before you ever got a VIN.

I’m having buyers remorse. 2022 M3LR 6 weeks in ~1000 miles and the roof glass cracked. Service center said it was a small impact of sorts. Don’t know when it happened. ~$1200. Also had a visor wire issue that they repaired but they said they had to replace in the long term.
M3 glass is expensive. Your insurance provider might offer a specific glass deductible. I pay an extra $24/year to have my glass deductible at just $100.

Update :( on my order... Had been looking forward to welcoming Spring in a new car, but alas...

EDD (time of order): 3/6-3/31
EDD (2/14): 5/1-5/29

That is a really large jump, wonder what is up with logistics/manufacturing at Fremont.

All of us that ordered in October, November, December have not gotten our cars yet.
Lol.

Reactions: Mustangr
I drove my friends 2021 Model Y yesterday ( first time driving a Tesla Experience and I know its not a Model 3 but still ).

Things I loved:
- that acceleration ( it feels unnatural almost witchcraft )
- Simple to start and drive off and stop, park and forget about it
- great handling. it felt very light and nimble.
- tested the charging solution at my garage and it was working just fine ( loads of DIY Tesla charging community on youtube and forums here to help out. shout out to them )
- single pedal driving. it was surprisingly easy to pick up in the 20 mins I drove around. felt natural by the end of it.

Things Im concerned about:
- noisy. so noisy. things rattle on bumps and you feel all of them.
- steering wheel felt too small and stiff ( I drive a C300 so maybe will have to get used to it or get an aftermarket part )
- dont see myself getting used to reading speed off to the right instead of the front ( will likely aftermarket that too )

Overall. I felt good and am happy with the deposit I paid to get in line.

I never responded to the trade-in text and never submitted a trade-in (or I actually selected "no"). I also selected cash.

I lurked here long enough to know that with EOY 2021 push, countless people putting and removing holds, and the delays meant that the best thing to do was "complete" the profile, wait for a VIN, then re-start/edit the trade-in and payment options after, especially since your trade-in offer and financing rate would expire before you ever got a VIN.
Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 7.35.03 PM.png
I watched a tips and tricks video for getting your vehicle faster and then found this on the tesla website.

• Informative
Reactions: 095179005
The impact would be obvious, even if a small one. Have them show it to you.

For such a small $ amount, don't turn it into insurance. It will still be considered a claim and could hurt your premiums more in the long run. When you factor in your deductible, it could be a lose/lose. Obviously every insurance company treats these things differently so talk to your agent.
Unless the insurance co. is pretty shady lousy, a first glass claim won't typically increase your premiums. Most premium increases are usually for things you can control, like kind of car, tickets, being at fault, where you live, or how many miles you drive. Random rock? Not so much, but if you live close to a quarry, and start submitting glass claims frequently, then they'll increase for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul4343
If you want to determine where impact was its pretty simple. Take a regular ballpoint pen and run it down the crack.....the point at which the pen stops is the point of impact. If it doesn't stop it probably was not impacted.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4