Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just what I thought… just received text and app erased delivery time tomorrow and asked to schedule new delivery time for this weekend!!!
That *almost* happened to me. My car was supposed to be delivered on Mon... I was told this afternoon that there was a delivery delay. They said I would have to reschedule if my car didn't arrive by 4pm today. Mercifully, it JUST arrived at 4. So I squeaked right in before the deadline. At 430pm, it was still on the truck.
I won't lie.. I stopped and snapped a picture of it.

Received an update this morning

Order Date: 1/9/22
Config: Long Range White/White/Aero Wheels No FSD
Original EDD: February 19-March 19
Update on 2/13: February 26-March 10
Any update?
Received an update this morning

Order Date: 1/9/22
Config: Long Range White/White/Aero Wheels No FSD
Original EDD: February 19-March 19
Update on 2/13: February 26-March 10
Any update since? I'm same location, my EDD IS 3/13--3/31

Nope. I got a vin in November without completing trade in, OR financing. Didn't ever select a financing option at all.

But, it seems like now something is different in the backend where they will prioritize people who have every detail filled out, including insurance. I was even told by an employee I called, that if you have a record of putting an order on hold, you will be given low priority vs those who put in new orders. The whole system makes no sense with how it is prioritizing our orders.
They're just telling you whatever they can to get you off the phone. If you tell them you filled it all out, they'll tell you it doesn't matter. If you tell them you haven't they tell you that's why its taking longer.

My last post for this thread. Took delivery at the Tesla center this morning. Whole process was very smooth and the Tesla employee was really helpful in getting me setup with the car.

No visible defects with the car yet. The rear lights might be a little off but I can't even tell without getting really close. Overall I'd say I got quite lucky through the delivery. The employees at the store even gave the vehicle a wipedown before I left (Los Angeles rain does the opposite of clean your car...).

AMD Ryzen for those curious, haven't looked at the battery yet. 173xxx, build date 2/10 (probably)

Attachments

• 20220215_111550.jpg
    20220215_111550.jpg
    839.7 KB · Views: 84
My last post for this thread. Took delivery at the Tesla center this morning. Whole process was very smooth and the Tesla employee was really helpful in getting me setup with the car.

No visible defects with the car yet. The rear lights might be a little off but I can't even tell without getting really close. Overall I'd say I got quite lucky through the delivery. The employees at the store even gave the vehicle a wipedown before I left (Los Angeles rain does the opposite of clean your car...).

AMD Ryzen for those curious, haven't looked at the battery yet. 173xxx, build date 2/10 (probably)
Looks great and congrats! Waiting for the same configuration in 11 days!!!

May I ask who you’re using? We’ve used Access for all our loans, but they recently started having so much turnover it’s been hard to keep the same loan officer. Also curious if you’ve priced flights? I don’t think we have any direct flights to Love Field and you’ll have to pay a lot more.
Southwest has 3 flights a day to Love field. I really didn't look at prices because I use points. If you get a two week lead time I think it's around $59 and goes up as you get closer to departure day.

Reactions: Louis86s
Did you ask Tesla about it ?
I did and they said financial information can be fill out after you get VIN.
Do not spread fake news.
There have been enough people in this thread stating the opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: ds335

I think the other one sitting next to yours is mine! :p

I will genuinely be chapped if I continue to see January orders getting VINs
It's awesome, it's just frustrating to all the unfulfilled September October November orders.

not trying to be a a$$ here, but my 2 cents - you put your order on hold for almost a month. Whether this happens or not - folks who put orders on hold should have their timers reset and go back into the queue with all of the other orders placed around the time when the hold was lifted. I know this probably doesn’t happen, but it should IMO - and tesla should be very clear this the language.

Meanwhile, I’m Canadian, here in Toronto - ordered 3rd Jan and got the car VIN last week, with delivery scheduled for next week. No hold, no drama.

Nice - I took my order off hold this morning and got a #173XXX VIN by 2pm, got a text message to schedule delivery tonight. Scheduled for 2/26 in the Charlotte Center. This has been the fastest off-hold to delivery scheduled process Ive had so far.

This is probably my 5th car on this reservation that I put in back in Aug. Now that the AMD chip and new Li Battery are common I am comfortable moving forward.

Reactions: T4M3
Hi all
I just got this email not from my SA but from Tesla. Is this typical?
OD 1/18
Current EDD 2/27-3/10
M3LR / MSM / White / aero / no fsd

And payment is set to cash - my plan is to switch it to finance once I get a VIN

——
Hi, this is Tesla Delivery reaching out.

Please log in to your Tesla account to review your payment method. Please reply with "Apply" if you need to apply for lending or leasing.

If your payment option is correct, please disregard this message.

Thank you!

Reactions: Misslove_143