Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday. AWD LR ordered 12/4 in Boston. White/white 18.
Car was perfect visually. Lots of wind noise at highway speeds from drivers and passengers windows. Need adjustment. Love the car and most importantly, wife loves the car. Bought the performance upgrade just after purchase. Not sure if I needed it but I’ll admit the acceleration is addictive. Hang in there guys…..you’re close.

Delivery day over here! My boyfriend's car (2018 blue Model 3 LR) got a new sibling. The Tesla guy was super patient while we looked over everything inside and outside (he didn't make me accept delivery before I checked out the interior) and when I mentioned I thought the frunk was a wee bit misaligned he even pointed out another nearby seam he thought I should also ask be looked at. Those were the only couple minor issues I found, though. The car had an 86% charge and 10 miles on the odometer; confirmed it has the AMD chip. Happy to now be an all-EV household! Looking forward to my first drive later today.

View attachment 770398

Forgot to post my final rundown of the order-to-delivery roller coaster; my journey was about 3 months long:

MSM/Black, 18", No FSD
Ordered 11/18 with EDD of January 2022
Pre-12/10 EDD: 1/8-2/8
12/16: 2/11-3/11
12/16: 2/11-3/
12/17: Accepted trade-in offer
12/20: 2/11-3/11
1/7: 1/14-2/11
1/7: Updated trade-in-car's odometer reading
1/14: 1/14-2-11
1/27: 1/31-2/28
2/5: 2/5-2/19
2/8: 2/9-2/22
2/10: 3/11-3/31 - Yikes! Saw online that my trade-in offer had expired; updated car's mileage
2/10 4:55 p.m.: Received updated trade-in offer and accepted
2/11 a.m.: 2/14-2/24
2/11 late afternoon: VIN received in app; EDD now 2/14-2/18
2/12 a.m.: Received text to schedule delivery for 2/17-2/19
2/12 p.m.: Scheduled delivery for Thurs. 12/17, 10 a.m.-noon
2/12: Applied and approved for third-party loan
2/14: Paid (my) portion of car total to Tesla
2/15: DocuSigned final agreement with lender; check sent overnight by lender to Tesla
2/17 10:30 a.m.: Took home delivery of the new car
🙌

Now I am going to wear out my F5 key waiting for delivery day!
Einstein is credited as saying, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." We must be forgiven for our insane behavior as there comes a point that we do see a change in results, some sooner than others.

I have forced myself to check the app no more than twice a day. Insanity? Yes, but less so? Please say yes.

Took delivery today in TX at their service center.
DBM/Aero/White/NoFSD
OD: 12/8/2021
VIN: 168xxx
AMD Ryzen
Panel gaps are extremely consistent visually. Phew!
I took my car over to be ceramic coated and the detailer looked over and even he was happily surprised that there were no visual defects on the car, and the paint. Boy, am I that lucky?

I've seen a huge range from 15, 30, 60+ days lmao, but it seems to be dependent on the painting process by whoever, in this case Tesla, which I have very little knowledge about. But i've also seen a lot of people literally drive straight from the pick up center to get ppf done so I have no idea o_O
Lol. that's exactly what I did. After your earlier comment, I looked it up. Apparently, ppf is not that risky... Ceramic coating may be. I'm getting both. I guess my "Mr. Li" will be a test subject. I'm a scientist, so I'm cool with collecting a data point. :)

My tasks are done! Proof of insurance - today, final payment wire transfer -today. Now I am going to wear out my F5 key waiting for delivery day!
Can't say for sure that it made a difference but...

The last step for me was the the final payment which arrived yesterday morning. This morning I responded to the email where my SA had asked for images of the front of the check and FedEx info asking if there was any chance that I could schedule delivery now that everything was completed. I also responded to the text string that Tesla started asking various questions along the way with the same question. Within a couple of hours I got a call from Tesla asking me to schedule delivery. The Tesla app still hadn't updated letting me know that I could schedule delivery. It's quite possible that either my email or text prompted Tesla to call me to schedule.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4
@KN0006 Congrats! Same as you but the 18” aero in phx but haven’t gotten VIN. What was your EDD before getting the VIN?
So it's a bit of a convoluted story. It was 2/16-3/16, then earlier this week I was getting impatient and switched my configuration to a performance version. About two days later I decided that was a bad idea and switched back to my original configuration, and then got an EDD of "May 2022". At that point I got defeated and stopped checking and just randomly got the text today about the VIN.... I'm not quite sure what happened but I'm certainly not complaining.

So it's a bit of a convoluted story. It was 2/16-3/16, then earlier this week I was getting impatient and switched my configuration to a performance version. About two days later I decided that was a bad idea and switched back to my original configuration, and then got an EDD of "May 2022". At that point I got defeated and stopped checking and just randomly got the text today about the VIN.... I'm not quite sure what happened but I'm certainly not complaining.
Well glad it worked for you. My current EDD is 2/18 - 3/4 (LOL) so I’m guessing I’m getting pushed out.

Reactions: Misslove_143