Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My bank is not working with PLAID and even if it did, I would still prefer getting a cashiers check from my bank
Yeah, but I can't even do that. I moved a while back and the banks and credit unions here suck so I just stayed with my old one from out of state. Everything is online now so it didn't really matter. But no way to get a cashiers check and they have a complicated wire transfer policy that requires several days to process and I'm supposed to pick up on Saturday. :(

It's a simple ACH payment. It shouldn't be complicated.

• Informative
Reactions: Mustangr
several reported earlier that sight was down:(
Check again. Took a minute but I just got thru, and got an EDD update. Down to a 4 day window. Not bad for barely 24h since coming off hold. Guess I need to check the source code for a VIN now.

[A few moments later...]

Tally ho! VIN 1960xx

Whaddya think.... Ryzen? (haha). :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220223-232718.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-232718.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Yes, My Blue/White order has been terribly elusive. Last week two blue models appeared in this thread on the east coast giving us hope, however, it was short-lived. Occasionally there have been reports of one or two blues on a truck, but they taunt us and disappear into the fog. So, at least they haven't run out of blue paint. The benefit of that extra charge for blue paint buys you exclusive space at the end of the line, solidified by the yet additional charge for white seats.

But I'm not complaining, that just brings bad luck...instead of no luck.
Just to give you some hope and warmth. I got mine last week.

Attachments

• 44854C46-951F-4694-AFDA-A2064D22F038.jpeg
    44854C46-951F-4694-AFDA-A2064D22F038.jpeg
    541.1 KB · Views: 66
OD: 1/5
M3LR White Ext, White Int, Aero Wheels
Initial EDD: 2/22-3/22
This morning (2/23) EDD shifted to 2/28-3/28
Completed all tasks.

I’ve been seeing people in the Bay Area with ODs a couple days before me get their Vin assigned. Seems like it’s only a matter of time.
Did you finish all tasks? I have same config, same area, OD 1/23 and current EDD 2/24-3/10.

OD: 2/18
M3LR MSM Ext, Black Int, Aeros, No FSD
EDD: May 19 - June 16

I know it’s extremely early since it hasn’t even been a week since I ordered, but has anyone who recently placed their order changed over to a Performance model since the website says the expected delivery date is March? Very tempting for me and the extra 8k isn’t a huge deal. I would just hate to see my EDD stay in May even after switching because I really do prefer the range of the M3LR. Thanks!

Reactions: Mrmikelives

I know it’s extremely early since it hasn’t even been a week since I ordered, but has anyone who recently placed their order changed over to a Performance model since the website says the expected delivery date is March? Very tempting for me and the extra 8k isn’t a huge deal. I would just hate to see my EDD stay in May even after switching because I really do prefer the range of the M3LR. Thanks!
Just spend the extra 250 to order the M3P while keeping the M3LR and then take the first one that comes . most likely the M3P will come first

Cash or loan really shouldn't be improve the probability of VIN and I'd be surprised if it helps. Anyone can claim to pay for cash and its unverifable if they have the cash on hand.

I did a loan with a big down payment. But my loan provider was able to inform tesla of my pre approval and loan amount and populated it in their portal.

Thats far more guarantee than selecting cash and my VIN hasn't arrived and my SA says I'm in the best possible position in my region to receive a VIN.

So I'd take the cash option priority with a grain of salt.
Can we get loan approval before VIN? I don’t expect the current rates to hold given what’s happening in Ukraine and the ripple effects on the economy - might be a good idea to lock in a rate.

Talk to your SA. I’m sure Tesla would love to make some more $

Wow, just checked the app before going to bed …and BOOM! VIN is there with a 2/26-3/2 delivery date!!
Lucky. My EDD is currently 2/25-3/11 and still no VIN for me. Seems like I won’t be getting delivery on Friday.
Polestar has given me a 1-day estimated delivery window, which went from 5/17 to 5/18, then 5/17 and is now 5/16. Those changes are based on changing ship schedules, they know exactly what day they will build that car.
It really seems like Tesla deliveries are just spit out by a random number generator.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone here for helping me stay sane during the wait process. Just the one delivery day hiccup with roof glass so we had to come back a few days later for pickup. Besides one smudge on the interior that came off with water I couldn't find anything wrong with the car inside or out. I'm having so much fun driving it I forgot to post here. Good luck and hope your VIN and car come soon!

20220219_103853.jpg

After 2 years of researching and waiting, finally took a test drive and placed my order.

OD: 2/19
M3LR black, black, aero, no FSD
Initial EDD: 5/24 - 6/21

Completed all of my pre-delivery tasks and even got my trade-in info although it will expire before the EDD. I was surprised that my TI value was better than Carvana from what I've been hearing people say. As of now, I'm not to bothered about the few months wait (after 2 years, what's a few more month) plus it gives me time to save up even more for the down payment.

Glad to have found this group to be able to learn more as a first time EV owner.