Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also got an update thankfully.

OD: 11/14, M3LR/MSM/BLACK/FSD/18" - MA
prev EDD: 3/1-3/29
today EDD: 3/9-3/23

Typically how long after your EDD updated to a two week window did you receive a VIN? Excited but dont want to get too excited just yet...
Today is a good morning. EDD Mar 14-18, VIN assigned! 192xxx, calling to confirm that ryzen/li ion/ heated wipers are included!

Hey,

For those of you that initially selected cash and then switched to finance, how long did it take for your account to reflect that. I received my VIN yesterday and texted my SA asking to switch over to finance and he said he did it but my account/app are still showing cash. I’ll probably call back just incase.

Hey,

For those of you that initially selected cash and then switched to finance, how long did it take for your account to reflect that. I received my VIN yesterday and texted my SA asking to switch over to finance and he said he did it but my account/app are still showing cash. I’ll probably call back just incase.

I texted my SA right at 5am, upon arising and finding my VIN had been assigned. He texted me back about five hours later and said it was done. To log back into my Tesla account and it would be there. It was.

I'd definitely call back. When your SA does his/her thing, it should be there when they finish.

Reactions: Maple00
Hey,

Mine was instantaneous. I needed the MVPA to correctly reflect my down payment/ financed amount so I could submit to my credit union.

Reactions: Regaj
FINALLY !!!!! Some Love from Tesla after 131 Days. Got my VIN F182xxx. EDD March 3-7.

Red/Black, Aero, No FSD. OD October 10, 2021. Cincinnati, OH

M3LR - Red/Black 18" No FSD
OD : 10/2/21
EDD at order: Nov end to December
EDD update: December 19-26
EDD update: Jan15-31
EDD update: Feb2-March2

No VIN yet :/ Not sure what to expect next

Picking this bad boy on Friday at Cincinnati, Ohio. EXCITED !!!!

For the first 6 weeks of the year, my delivery window was Feb 27 - Mar 27. Last weeks, my EDD was changed to Feb 27 - Mar 11.

I checked my app this morning and now it is Apr 13 - May 11. Any idea why this may have happened?

I did also accept Tesla trade in offer last night and I am wondering if this caused the delay because Tesla would get paid less money and they put in the back of the line?

M3LR, White, Black interior, no FSD, Bay Area, OD Dec 2021

• Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
I just had an interesting experience—the timing seems a little too close to be coincidence!

First, background:
Chicago, M3LR, MSM, Black, Aero, no FSD. OD - 2/7 First EDD (given 2/7) - "March 2022" Second EDD (given 2/7) - 3/2-3/30 Third EDD (given 2/21) - 3/6-3/20 - Fourth EDD (given 2/28) - March 10-16 with VIN 192XXX

Today's occurrence:
I have been refreshing my order page and checking the VIN for the last week. I haven't had any updates, so I decided a friendly text message to my Sales Associate would be alright. This is someone I've met with and worked with in person, so it's nice to have a point of contact. I sent him a message: "Good Morning! My window of estimated delivery is about to begin on Sunday, March 6. I was curious if you had any additional information on your end (beyond what my account shows at this time). I don't yet have a VIN, but from what I can tell, we're still a bit early. Thanks for taking a look for me!"

He replied: "Good morning Mike, nothing more beyond the delivery window of first half of March. Your vehicle should be coming out of production in the next couple days and loaded onto a carrier, at which point you'll be prompted to schedule your delivery appointment."

I thought "that's alright" to myself and went along with my day. Five minutes later, I received a text message that said "Hi Mike, Your VIN is now assigned. Submit proof of insurance for your Model 3 and complete any remaining tasks in the Tesla App prior to delivery." I checked my account, and sure enough, there it was.

The timing seems too close to be a coincidence. If you're able to check with an SA who you've personally worked with, it might be a good idea.

Maybe you guys can help out. Going to be using DCU for my auto loan. Do you know if the person on the car's registration, has to match the name on the car loan? The car is registered under my fiancé but we'd like the loan to be under my name, or both of our names instead of just her.

OD: 12/28: M3LR, MSM, Black, Aero, no FSD. EDD bounced from April to March to Feb and back to March.

Got my VIN (182xxx) today, with an EDD: 2/19 to 2/23. Of course, EDD is right smack in the middle of an out of town trip :/ Hoping that the SAs can be flexible on Delivery day.
Update: Original delivery day ended up being 2/20. Got it pushed to 2/24. No exterior issues. Paint, panel gaps, lights, bolts were all good. After I inspected the exterior, I paid with cashier's check and signed the delivery agreements (odometer, registration, acceptance, etc). Staff at Colma were accommodating and friendly. Already took it for a nice long drive down the coast. Awesome!

Maybe you guys can help out. Going to be using DCU for my auto loan. Do you know if the person on the car's registration, has to match the name on the car loan? The car is registered under my fiancé but we'd like the loan to be under my name, or both of our names instead of just her.

Banks won’t give a loan with the registration in someone else’s name. They have to know that they have access to the car if they have to repo it. If that’s a problem then get a private loan, otherwise you will both have to be on the loan.

Reactions: montanaco