Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so forgive me for an ignorant post here in advance. I ordered my M3 LR yesterday. I filled out all of the steps that I was informed via email that I need to.
At what point can I add the options that I will want? I don't see anyplace to do this yet.
The only option I see is to upgrade to add full self driving. I dont see any reason to pay for that option but will do a deeper dive into it.
You configure the car before selecting “order now” is that what you are referring to? Color, wheels, interior etc?

I also live in Sunnyvale. I placed My OD on 2/15, M3 LR pear white, no FSD with 18 inche wheels, black interior. My Estimated date when I OD was may 26-June 20. Last week it changed to April 26 -may 26. We live like 15 mins from the Fremont factory, is there a chance I can get it earlier. Also when did u place your order?
Hi! I placed my order on 1/24. My understanding (from reading this forum) is that CA (and the West Coast) gets cars and the end of each quarter.

Ordered Jan 17, took it home today!
White/White/Aero

Hopefully lowering it and wheels before Friday! 🤙🏻 Tint next Monday

Attachments

• 51A1453A-3ACA-42B7-89EE-62288BF673B3.jpeg
    51A1453A-3ACA-42B7-89EE-62288BF673B3.jpeg
    531.3 KB · Views: 88
Ok, so forgive me for an ignorant post here in advance. I ordered my M3 LR yesterday. I filled out all of the steps that I was informed via email that I need to.
At what point can I add the options that I will want? I don't see anyplace to do this yet.
The only option I see is to upgrade to add full self driving. I dont see any reason to pay for that option but will do a deeper dive into it.
what options are you trying to change or select?

Just got assigned a VIN! The app says to upload insurance. Can I do that the day of pickup? I will be trading in a car and switching insurance carriers for the Tesla and spouse's car. Would like to do that all in one go if possible on the day of pickup.

Model 3 Long Range
MSM / Black w/o FSD / aero
Delivery To Las Vegas
1/29: March
1/30: April (Was only like this for a short time. Once I finished finance area it switched. Maybe coincidence?)
2/2: March 2 - March 30
2/26: March 3 - March 17
3/4: March 8 - March 22
3/6: VIN assigned. Pickup 3/9 - 13

Hi! I placed my order on 1/24. My understanding (from reading this forum) is that CA (and the West Coast) gets cars and the end of each quarter.
Guess what!!!
Just received my VIN ##2006## :)
I didn’t receive a text or email. I simply checked the app —as I usually do— and the option to buy the insurance from Tesla was active. I got a quote for $100/mo which is $10 more than my Mini JCW so I will take it.
My est delivery date change to March 10-13 :)
Is this a dream?! …

MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD Pickup in Burbank
OOD 1/21 EDD 2/12-3/12
2/13: got an updated EDD to 2/25-3/25
2/26: 2 week window now 3/3-3/17
3/4: 3/7-3/18
3/5: Texted SA and said I can pick up in LA this week or SF the next week, as I live between the two and am going to SF the around the 15th. They texted back and said I had a 3 day delivery window where I had to pick up and it would most likely be this week
3/6: 3/9-3/13 and a VIN of 20***
3/6: Scheduled delivery for 3/10!

Just got assigned a VIN! The app says to upload insurance. Can I do that the day of pickup? I will be trading in a car and switching insurance carriers for the Tesla and spouse's car. Would like to do that all in one go if possible on the day of pickup.

Model 3 Long Range
Delivery To Las Vegas
1/30: April (Was only like this for a short time. Once I finished finance area it switched. Maybe coincidence?)
You can tell your insurance company which day you want the coverage to switch over, and you need to comply with your state's requirements before you can set a delivery appointment.

Model 3 Long Range
Delivery To Las Vegas
It might depend on your state laws. You can check with your SA as I did. I was told that as long as the insurance was active and not expired at the time of delivery that is all they need. It does not even need to include the Tesla on the insurance. I did this and it completed that step. I will shop around for insurance and have it by the day of delivery.

But this is for CA, where you have 30 days grace. It would vary by state.

Reactions: Misslove_143
got it thank you. Now I feel the pain of waiting for a tesla. Cant imagine waiting for the SR or model y. And this will be the first electric car in the family. So hopefully it can leave a good impression on us and my cousins.

Reactions: EdLagrange
Ive been following this forum for a while, but have yet to crack the code on those nuances.
Color, interior, wheels and most important, geography, seem to play a role in your EDD. However, every time someone confirms one of these factors, someone else experiences an exception. What appears to be random may be more of some person or program following the path of least resistance in distributing any particular car.

• Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Anyone in NC who ordered around 2/12 with similar configurations (Model 3, AWD, MSM, Black, 19”, no FSD) receive an EDD sooner than May 11-June 8? If so, did your EDD change? Mine hasn’t changed at all, and everything has been completed since day 1. TIA!
First post... Been following this forum for a while, very helpful!

Also in NC, ordered late 2021 but didn't complete delivery tasks. Currently out of the country, trying to delay to end of Q2.

M3LR, White/Black, 19", no FSD
OD 10/24, no delivery steps completed
Rec'd cancellation email 3/4
Completed first 2 delivery steps (location, registration) 3/7
Initial EDD (3/7): 5/23-6/20

I'll let you know how it progresses.

Reactions: gordonli51
I agree, this spreadsheet is useful. I've been doing filters to see if any VINS have been assigned in the NE and DMV area (what I'm defining as MA, NY, NJ, PA, MD, DC, VA) since Feb 1, 2022--so far no VINS assigned in this area. Hoping (against hope?) that end of first quarter push will mean MAY EDD's will become end of March deliveries. Probably unlikely, but why not 🤞
I ordered Jan 3rd, received VIN Feb 17 in PA. Blue/black w18s. Picking up today! I have butterflies in my stomach!