Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I texted Tesla today asking if the vehicle has arrived and any possibility of bringing in the delivery appointment, they replied asking if tomorrow the same time is ok, which I confirmed.

So expecting to graduate from this thread tomorrow :cool:. Will carry the delivery checklist.

Summary so far -

M3LR / MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD
OD - 1/29
EDD1 - March 2022
EDD2 - 3/6 - 3/31
EDD3 - 3/5 - 3/19
EDD4 - 3/8 - 3/14 with VIN (192xxx - AMD Ryzen, new Li-on battery confirmed)
EDD5 - Scheduled delivery for 3/14 at Austin TX
EDD6 - Scheduled delivery for 3/12 at Austin TX

Graduation day was Saturday, been busy so could not post earlier.

When I reached the delivery center, it was parked ready to go. Inspected the car and everything was flawless except a very slight misalignment of the rear left tail light glass which I did not find worthy of requesting a service appointment for.

Had 3 mi on the odo and 97% charged.

A few observations on the Aero wheels, for anyone who's on the edge with it, I think is a good free choice -
  • They look better in person than in photos / videos
  • The overnight TD car I got was a brand new 2022 Model 3 with 19" wheels and I felt the road noise at TX highway speeds a little worse than my old BMW 3 series. My car with Aero wheels however has comparable road noise to the BMW which I think would be due to the Aero wheels (or the low resistance tires that come with it)
A few other random thoughts -
  • The car is incredibly fun and the minimalist interior grows on you.
  • The headlights light up the road amazingly.
  • Autopilot has been great so far, did not yet experience phantom braking that I did with my TD car.
  • The AC temperature may need to be set a little lower than regular cars probably due to the vents being placed back into the dash.
  • After 140 miles of driving, the app shows a safety score of 97. The estimated Tesla insurance premium (when you first sign up, it assumes a safety score of 90) drop 2 months later if the score is maintained is a nice touch and is coming out to be way cheaper than my BMW.
  • I've set the charge limit to 80%, drove 89 miles and came back with 47% (with several sessions of cabin preconditioning in the hot sun before getting to the parked car at various destinations)
  • I'm using the mobile charger with the regular 110v outlet for now, it charges 1.5% per hour.
  • I was back to 80% charge from 47% in about 22 hours.
For everyone still waiting patiently, the car is worth the wait and the performance will blow you away every-single-time when you floor it from a red light. When you're ready to take delivery, inspect the car within reason but don't stress over it too much. Don't forget to enjoy the car and remember that we all have a long warranty.

Attachments

• PXL_20220312_191900019.jpg
    PXL_20220312_191900019.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 104
  • PXL_20220312_191932050.jpg
    PXL_20220312_191932050.jpg
    785.5 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20220312_191827372.jpg
    PXL_20220312_191827372.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 74
Guessing my VIN is 206 ?
We're already seeing 210 numbers, so something beyond that. It could be 211 or 230. Just wait and see. It's just a number. In truth, your SA might spot a vehicle that the buyer refused or simply couldn't buy and instead offer it to you, resulting in a lower VIN number.

The reason I pay attention to them is to get a sense of order of delivery. Somebody is scheduled to receive a 210 VIN on the west coast at the same time that I'm supposed to receive a 205 on the east coast. It's interesting to watch things play out.

Is there any delivery in April?!
It sounds like all EDDs are for Mar, May, and Jun!
Nothing for April?!
The Austin factory opens on April 7 which may be related.

We're already seeing 210 numbers, so something beyond that. It could be 211 or 230. Just wait and see. It's just a number. In truth, your SA might spot a vehicle that the buyer refused or simply couldn't buy and instead offer it to you, resulting in a lower VIN number.

The reason I pay attention to them is to get a sense of order of delivery. Somebody is scheduled to receive a 210 VIN on the west coast at the same time that I'm supposed to receive a 205 on the east coast. It's interesting to watch things play out.

I think that is what my SA was talking about deliveries for East Coast to being coming from Texas, he must have meant when the Austin factory opens, those would be producing cars for the East Coast and Fremont would be focused on west coast.

We have some demo models here in Portland that are available, selling for 1-2k more than my ordered model. I am guessing they are expecting people to pay little extra for a car that is able to be picked up essentially same day. I know I would be tempted if they called me.

Reactions: JB47394 and mooseGG
Please keep us posted. I am starting to wonder if the trade in is slowing my EDD.
Same here. My SA texted me about trading in while my EDD was 3/25-3/31. I should have declined on the spot. Ugh. I made the wrong assumption that they knew what they were talking about (they said it won’t push out my EDD and a VIN was imminent). SA was so wrong. It only took 36 hours later for the Tesla gods to push out EDD and say “you trusting fool!”

Reactions: Sheefo2k
Same here. My SA texted me about trading in while my EDD was 3/25-3/31. I should have declined on the spot. Ugh. I made the wrong assumption that they knew what they were talking about (they said it won’t push out my EDD and a VIN was imminent). SA was so wrong. It only took 36 hours later for the Tesla gods to push out EDD and say “you trusting fool!”
I was contacted two days ago via text to see if I had a trade. My EDD is May 3-31. I don't have a trade, I'm paying cash, and no movement on my EDD in the past few weeks.

Well, saying is normal is quite a stretch. could probably be ”normal” for tesla (and also that I would like to see where they states is normal) but i can tell you I haven’t seen that not even on Fiat (I’m originally from Italy), Citroen and for sure not on BMW … and the first 2 brands produce cars definitely cheaper in value than Tesla
FWIW my M2 and my 335i has the same thing. See attached for the picture of my M2, i cant take a picture of the other car as my wife drove it to work.
My Model 3 also is like that.

Attachments

• 20220316_143738.jpg
    20220316_143738.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Informative
Reactions: sightman
Well, saying is normal is quite a stretch. could probably be ”normal” for tesla (and also that I would like to see where they states is normal) but i can tell you I haven’t seen that not even on Fiat (I’m originally from Italy), Citroen and for sure not on BMW … and the first 2 brands produce cars definitely cheaper in value than Tesla
Tesla does very few things the conventional way and considering their size they need to squeeze every penny to turn a profit. One thing people don’t realize is that teslas are not necessarily “luxury” cars. They are on the level of a standard car with a premium electric powertrain. And really on top of that they are a battery and software company first. It’s just that their version of the iPhone has 4 wheels and doors.

Here is my hood for the rest of my point. Notice the unpainted sections.

Attachments

• 8209C803-3B09-4228-855A-814C0166738C.jpeg
    8209C803-3B09-4228-855A-814C0166738C.jpeg
    648 KB · Views: 66
Tesla does very few things the conventional way and considering their size they need to squeeze every penny to turn a profit.
They're beyond the days of scrimping in order to turn a profit. They have 30% profit margins now.

I just hope they don't end up selling cars by shipping the software to the customer and then having the service centers backfill the physical car parts bit by bit.

Reactions: Fean07
Hello,
Just purchased a M3LR 2022 today. Super excited to get additional information on VIN and arrival date. Tell me, what has been your experience and what steps should I take as part of evaluating the car upon arrival. Do not hold back!
There are 1700 pages of information in this thread about those very topics. Happy reading!

Ordered 3/1 Red, white, Aero, no FSD, no updates either after checking the app like a maniac. Seems like a ton of orders went in right after gas went up, hard to tell how their supply chain will do. Personally I'm thankful mine is coming after the end of quarter push.

EDD 5/10 - 6/7
That is what I am hoping for, that quarterly push to deliver.
Is there any delivery in April?!
It sounds like all EDDs are for Mar, May, and Jun!
Nothing for April?!
seems like April is reserved for FSD

• Helpful
Reactions: DC_Wheels52

I thought the Austin plant was only going to make Model Y versions. Could that be the delay for us East Coast deliveries? Waiting for the new factory to open?

Thanks. I'm Texas. So maybe they are looking at me like an east coast delivery? Spoke to someone at Tesla who said that it was on transport for delivery.