Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does certainly feel like they play some kind of VIN lottery. I would actually argue that what's weird here is the fact that you were able to miraculously take delivery of yours ONLY 28 days after ordering. Not many people have been as fortunate as yourself. Maybe someone with your exact same config cancelled and you were next in the queue? Whatever the reason may be, congrats on the extremely short wait time. The rest of us will have to patiently/painfully wait.
Well I guess lightning strikes twice round here. My friend's wife ordered hers the night of he Super Bowl for delivery at the same location. Hers was special order (see below) but still had the the same exact VIN and delivery timeframe (just a week earlier).

OD: 2/13 EDD May / June
M3LR/Red/White/19”/No FSD
VIN 14 days later
Delivered at Knoxville, TN store 3/19

Here is the TLDR on ours:

OD: 2/28 EDD May / June
M3LR/MSM/Black/18”/No FSD
VIN 12 days later
Delivered at Knoxville, TN store 3/25

Lower body damage (panel to be replaced)
Denied by wife
Son ordered same exact package two weeks after us.
Rep moved the VIN over to him and took possession next day.
We are back in queue for an April 29/July EDD.

Last edited:
What’s your order date?
Time for another Public Service Announcement.

Once you've been on the forums for a bit, you should be able to supply a signature for your posts. You can see that Prime's (and mine) are located under our posts and that they show the critical information about our orders. That helps to avoid everyone asking each other for that information.

To set up your signature, click on your name at the top of the page, then click on the silhouette/gear icon, then click on Signature. Then you can type in the information and Save.

If you haven't been on the forums very long, that option may not be available to you yet. Just keep an eye out after a week or so and it should appear. If anyone notices the exact timing for how long you had to wait to see the option, please let us know.

Time for another Public Service Announcement.

Once you've been on the forums for a bit, you should be able to supply a signature for your posts. You can see that Prime's (and mine) are located under our posts and that they show the critical information about our orders. That helps to avoid everyone asking each other for that information.

To set up your signature, click on your name at the top of the page, then click on the silhouette/gear icon, then click on Signature. Then you can type in the information and Save.

If you haven't been on the forums very long, that option may not be available to you yet. Just keep an eye out after a week or so and it should appear. If anyone notices the exact timing for how long you had to wait to see the option, please let us know.
It's based on posts and not how long you've been here. I was able to add the signature the first day, after posting five times.

So as an update, after a lot of thought, I finally made the choice to change my color from MSM to Solid Black. My SA warned me that making this change, my new estimated delivery date would be June - August. (Vs current May - June) I am ok with the wait so I figured I’d share what happens with me here as we all marvel at the algorithm.

Original Config:
- M3LR
- MSM
- Black Interior
- 18" Aero Wheels
- No FSD

OD: March 1
EDD (on order date) : May
EDD (on March 2 after completing details in app) : May 14 - June 11
Changed color to Solid Black: April 6
EDD : May 14 - June 11

Let’s see what the next few days bring…

To Be Continued…

Lol

Reactions: PinSeeker and T-J-
What’s your order date?

I really wish Tesla was more transparent on how they handle order priority and provide SAs with more information
Aside from M3P > M3LR, location primarily. Then config.

So depending how fast Fremont or Texas is churning out cars, getting them onto transports, and what state they are dropping it off at.
Before it seemed like east coast got cars near the start of the quarter, while west coast was EOQ. Who know how it'll change with Texas starting up.

EE4F4891-DA73-4CC1-A679-612172AAA22C.png

Price increase!
The cheapest LR model is now $55,990.

My sales associate sees May 3rd as estimated forecast date
Tesla calls them "service advisors". The web site handles sales. The SAs are responsible for handling the delivery process and then anything you need after that. Other people have used the term "dealership" with Tesla when the company has fought so hard to ensure that we didn't have to deal with middlemen. So Tesla has service centers, stores, and showrooms.

Price increase!
They're raising prices on Long Range and Performance models. Unsurprisingly, that's got to be due to the increase in nickel prices. The Standard Range vehicles use LFP batteries (lithium iron phosphate) and so aren't affected. When Elon made that plea for nickel production in his battery day talk, he wasn't kidding around.