Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just asked my SA if everything looks good on my account and he said "Perfect, everything on your account looks good to go for now, you've completed everything necessary. I'm currently seeing delivery projected for the first half of June" I wonder what they can see on their end that gives them a shorter window.🤔 This is going to be a long two months

How does my $0.105/kwh rate compare to everyone else's electricity costs? I just called our power company and this is a flat rate (no Peak/non-peak rates or seasonal adjustments). I wonder how long before power companies start gouging as EVs become more prevalent.
Not long at all I reckon. States are already charging an "ev tax" upon registration to offset the gas tax they'll be losing due to EVs. I think it's bogus as I still have 2 ice cars and a motorcycle so I'm getting quadruple charged and I'm sure I'm not the only one with ice vehicles remaining.

Not long at all I reckon. States are already charging an "ev tax" upon registration to offset the gas tax they'll be losing due to EVs. I think it's bogus as I still have 2 ice cars and a motorcycle so I'm getting quadruple charged and I'm sure I'm not the only one with ice vehicles remaining.
You're right, that's happening in most states. I'm ok with mine, it's $120 every two years to offset the loss of my gas tax.

The lowest quote I could find here in Oregon is $1550.00. I'm running through my basement to the garage, and it is about a 70' run. It is absolutely ridiculous
In Alberta we're actually disincentivized to save electricity or charge during off-peak hours - half of our bill is admin charges and there's no discount for off-peak usage.

A year ago the base rate was ~$0.076/kwh, March 2022 was $0.1058/kwh, February 2022 was $0.1652/kwh.
I locked in at $.063/kWh last year for 5 years. Right before the caps were removed and everyone was shocked … ha see what I did there? …. Pricing went through the roof. My last bill was $280 but only $93 was actual power. The rest admin fees etc.

Sad LOL...quote for Seattle area is $2.4k for about a 70ft run, but this would be outdoors, so includes the metal piping as well (and 6 gauge copper).
You are so lucky you can even do that, though.. I live downtown in a tower and I've been on the EV parking space waiting list since my OD hoping I'll get closer to the top of the list by the time I take delivery.. I think I moved from 12th to 4th in the last couple months so hopefully I don't get the more expensive spot before the car 😳

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
I locked in at $.063/kWh last year for 5 years. Right before the caps were removed and everyone was shocked … ha see what I did there? …. Pricing went through the roof. My last bill was $280 but only $93 was actual power. The rest admin fees etc.
Since we're on the topic of rates here's some more context from TeslaFi:

1649875812129.png

My monthly bill starts and stops in the middle of the month, so I have 2 different rates to look at if I want to do a true month to month comparison.

March 2022 was $176.18 with tax, for 604.56kwh, using the Feb rate of $0.1652/kwh and Jan rate of $0.15876/kwh.
Assuming all usage was at the Feb rate, that brings the rate, post-tax, to $0.29764/kwh.

1649876292551.png

April bill comes in a couple days so I'll see what the total is including the admin fees.

I've set Total Gas Savings to actually mean what a gas car would spend on fuel, assuming 7L/100km efficiency and gas at $1.30/L (lol).
Gas was more like $1.50 - $1.60 for Feb and March.

The cheapest I've seen L2 J1772 chargers in Calgary would be $1.25/hr for 6.4kw, which would be roughly $0.20/kwh.

I'm lucky in that I've recently discovered that the Tesla dealership over here actually has destination chargers in the parking lot that you can use for free.

anybody besides myself have their EDD gone/disappear? I mean last year when I ordered my first one when the EDD disappeared it was a great thing because my delivery date pushed back early. But this year I dont know if this is a good thing considering the supply issues
Looks like everybody has this. It looks like a server error. I’m sure it will be back to what we saw earlier today in a couple of hours.