Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t check my EDD obsessively and just came to terms that the wait is the wait. It’s not like I’m going to go get an i4 ev6 ioniq5 or whatever. I ordered what i really wanted and if i have to wait for it it is what it is. However, I never waited for a car before.

Wall Connector installed and all weather mats sitting in storage. So no going back now.

EDD hasn’t changed for me.

@T-J-
I drive by the Glendale location almost every day going to work. I guess we’re taking turns now 😜 about 15-20 cars on the lot being delivered this morning, someone taking delivery as I drove through (lucky).

The parking lot seemed so empty….
I pass it about 3 times a week, as I work out of the cigar lounge at Westgate :D
It's shocking to see it empty, compared to what it was at the EOQ1.

Hi all, i ordered back in August 2021 and still have not received my Tesla. I was expected date to receive my Tesla in May, but i didn’t check my account and noticed my 30 day odometer was expired for trade in. The date now got pushed to September. Did this affect the delay in delivery date? Should i just not trade in a vehicle and do it when i actually receive my VIN? Thanks

(Another speculative pensive post… be warned… lol)

I know it is impossible to decipher all that factors into delivery dates but I can’t help but try and read the tea leaves as I see all the changes going on. My background is technology and system integrations so my way of looking at the tea leaves gets nerdy at times. But the basic thing is I keep looking at what you all post and I keep wanting more parameters shared. Lol.

I shortened my post to keep this super high level. My summary of random thoughts and guesses before I go back to refreshing my Tesla app.

- The data driving EDD’s has a ton of parameters and my guess is the big slips came from a line being drawn between orders that will be shifting to the next quarter and removed from scope from this quarter.
- I wonder if there is too much emphasis we place on options and delivery location. Those all factor into EDD but… I am wondering how much “readiness to buy” factors in.
-“Readiness to buy” - who had their stuff in order? Who is at risk to delay an order? Who has a trade in that might complicate things? Who hasn’t finished their account setup? I really wish we had a data point we could add to the signatures and when we share EDD details. (Cash vs financing selected, trade in?)

We all speculate and this is just some stuff I have been wondering about. My SA has given me nothing but canned responses after finalizing my order details. HOWEVER… When I initially placed my wifes Y and then later my 3LR order he was fairly candid about a couple of things. 1) He recommended setting it to cash until the Vin rolled in 2)He wasn’t putting in any trade in information until later in the process. He gave me a ballpark quote but nothing was ever tied to my order regarding my potential trade in. (I sold privately a month ago anyways) I know the finance vs cash thing has been discussed before but I wonder how many folks DONT have their orders set to cash and are seeing delays. I wonder how many folks seeing delays have a trade in on record for their order. (Or vice versa of course)

Just some speculation. Don’t think it answers people who ordered in December or January or other craziness I have seen on here. But I think as we analyze each other’s EDD’s I always hope for more details to help drill things down a bit.

For the record, I still have no movement since my one and original EDD. I’m not sweating my EDD but I look at what some of you guys are going through and I just get to wondering.

I know it is impossible to decipher all that factors into delivery dates but I can’t help but try and read the tea leaves as I see all the changes going on. My background is technology and system integrations so my way of looking at the tea leaves gets nerdy at times. But the basic thing is I keep looking at what you all post and I keep wanting more parameters shared. Lol.
I agree with a bunch of things you said, but I dont agree specifically in regards to the cash part. I think people with cash setup are at a higher risk as Tesla doesnt know anything about their payment or account balance. As opposed to that, for people with Tesla finance, Tesla has much more knowledge on what their finances look like and if they will be able to make payments. Not to mention they already have someone that has sorted out their financing details, as opposed to someone who is going to slow up on the delivery day with a laundry bag full for cash (what if they get robbed on the way to the pickup location). Okay the last part about cash was a joke, but the point still holds.

People are bound to make impulsive decisions which often make little to no sense. Guess how many people get married each year?
Ordering a Hyundai Santa Fe is not an impulsive decision. I'm not even sure why you thought this was relevant to the conversation. There are plenty of Hyundai Santa Fe's out there and there is not reason to wait 5 months to get one. Who special orders a Hyundai Santa Fe?

Reactions: thebeat1515

I shortened my post to keep this super high level. My summary of random thoughts and guesses before I go back to refreshing my Tesla app.

- The data driving EDD’s has a ton of parameters and my guess is the big slips came from a line being drawn between orders that will be shifting to the next quarter and removed from scope from this quarter.
- I wonder if there is too much emphasis we place on options and delivery location. Those all factor into EDD but… I am wondering how much “readiness to buy” factors in.
-“Readiness to buy” - who had their stuff in order? Who is at risk to delay an order? Who has a trade in that might complicate things? Who hasn’t finished their account setup? I really wish we had a data point we could add to the signatures and when we share EDD details. (Cash vs financing selected, trade in?)

We all speculate and this is just some stuff I have been wondering about. My SA has given me nothing but canned responses after finalizing my order details. HOWEVER… When I initially placed my wifes Y and then later my 3LR order he was fairly candid about a couple of things. 1) He recommended setting it to cash until the Vin rolled in 2)He wasn’t putting in any trade in information until later in the process. He gave me a ballpark quote but nothing was ever tied to my order regarding my potential trade in. (I sold privately a month ago anyways) I know the finance vs cash thing has been discussed before but I wonder how many folks DONT have their orders set to cash and are seeing delays. I wonder how many folks seeing delays have a trade in on record for their order. (Or vice versa of course)

Just some speculation. Don’t think it answers people who ordered in December or January or other craziness I have seen on here. But I think as we analyze each other’s EDD’s I always hope for more details to help drill things down a bit.

For the record, I still have no movement since my one and original EDD. I’m not sweating my EDD but I look at what some of you guys are going through and I just get to wondering.
I agree 100% with that first point. If you look at what the dates moved to it makes sense. My EDD not changing yesterday gives me hope that they’re planning on getting my vehicle out in Q2.

I try not to get too paranoid about all of this but I find myself wondering if Texas rolling along may slow us down for the M3. If you're having supply issues you're more likely to use what you have on the higher-priced models. I'm not suggesting I know what is happening at Fremont but I'm hearing a lot about production taking off in Texas and it makes me wonder if the same can be said for Fremont.

We need the Youtuber that did the flyovers to give us a recent one for Fremont. If you didn't know the guy that did those had an accident and is out of commission for a little longer.

This is from Texas today.

FQ4I82CWUAEEIKV