Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was it ever confirmed that adding 19" wheels got the car any faster? I tried changing to them for a few days but it didn't change the EDD at all. I am now going back in my head to possibly wanting the 19's if I can get the car faster :) I asked t

Was it ever confirmed that adding 19" wheels got the car any faster? I tried changing to them for a few days but it didn't change the EDD at all. I am now going back in my head to possibly wanting the 19's if I can get the car faster :) I asked the SA but they didn't know.

Was it ever confirmed that adding 19" wheels got the car any faster? I tried changing to them for a few days but it didn't change the EDD at all. I am now going back in my head to possibly wanting the 19's if I can get the car faster :) I asked the SA but they didn't know.
No, my OD is 4/7, when order was placed I was 6/12-7/17, then last week it changed to 7/9-8/20. Everyone else around my OD with aeros seem to still be in June. I was moved to July unfortunately during vacation:(

My message to folks would be this:
If you are ordering your car and expecting to have 2-6 months to get your finances in order, don't count on it, it could be way faster than you were expecting. I even selected "no" when it asked if you were able to accept your vehicle sooner than the first EDD and still got slapped with the VIN and 3 month early EDD. Which is a good problem to have in this community but still.
My advice would be that the overwhelming majority of people do not get their car for multiple months after ordering, and if they happen to have this "issue" where they get a unicorn way ahead of time, then they can always put their order on hold. Absolutely do not wait to order one, lead times are insane right now.

Also: if you need to get your finances in order to buy a $50k+ car, it may not be the best idea to buy a $50k car 😅

any big ticket item should require you to get your finances in order if your being smart with your money. I sure hope you don’t let 60k sit in a checking account.
Thats exactly what I'm saying. A car is a necessity (for most people), but a $55k high tech luxury EV is just that - a luxury. You should already have your finances in order and be in a good financial position if you're buying a car that costs that much money.

Reactions: Elindocain
VIN RECEIVED!
For all those who are skeptical of your car being able to arrive early, or those who think premium paint doesn't make a difference.

My OD was 4/16, I now have a VIN 247*** and a 5 day window. -Akron OH

FYI - I also kept the payment method as cash until today after I got my VIN now I will switch it to 3rd party financing. (if that makes a difference)
Makes zero sense. I have the same config and I ordered 2 months before you. I mean, I'm really happy for you, but the Tesla delivery algorithm is sh*t.

Not for me. It’ll be about 100 days if my EDD holds. In my observation and after discussions with Tesla SAs (central and locally), I do think algorithms seem adaptive in the best interest of Tesla, and thus, it is constantly changing due to factors unknown to us on a daily basis. Location seems to be a major factor, with fuel for trucks and staffing being a limitation for those of us far from railways. I do still think that paint color, if you ordered within the timeframe for them to complete those batches (with premium color more often in the rotation due to less numbers), is a major factor, as with interior color.

In an ideal world, a canceled order in one location will go to the next in line regardless of location, but that would not be in Tesla’s interest due to cost of transporting. It’s also clear there are a multitude of factors created by customers that shift orders too (ie holds, configuration changes, etc).

Anyways, all this to say, I have concluded that there’s little control and influence we have with this process. There’s always outliers that make us believe one way and text our SAs what we read on here or Reddit. While frustrating, it’s still fun to speculate on all these things.

Hang in there! It’s clear that a ton of VINs will be coming very soon if they plan to meet their lofty target this quarter.

Not for me. It’ll be about 100 days if my EDD holds. In my observation and after discussions with Tesla SAs (central and locally), I do think algorithms seem adaptive in the best interest of Tesla, and thus, it is constantly changing due to factors unknown to us on a daily basis. Location seems to be a major factor, with fuel for trucks and staffing being a limitation for those of us far from railways. I do still think that paint color, if you ordered within the timeframe for them to complete those batches (with premium color more often in the rotation due to less numbers), is a major factor, as with interior color.

In an ideal world, a canceled order in one location will go to the next in line regardless of location, but that would not be in Tesla’s interest due to cost of transporting. It’s also clear there are a multitude of factors created by customers that shift orders too (ie holds, configuration changes, etc).

Anyways, all this to say, I have concluded that there’s little control and influence we have with this process. There’s always outliers that make us believe one way and text our SAs what we read on here or Reddit. While frustrating, it’s still fun to speculate on all these things.

Hang in there! It’s clear that a ton of VINs will be coming very soon if they plan to meet their lofty target this quarter.
thanks. yeah, i think I'm going to stick with what I initially ordered LR w Red and white interior on Aeros. Worst case I get different "summer" tires/rims later. This wait is killing me and the constant unknown of an end time frame is what is super frustrating.

I am going on vacation on 6/6-6/10 and would love to have the car by then but with each day of no EDD updates its looking more unlikely unless like you said we get a boom of vins rained down upon us (which might happen since they are ramping up production).

I am considering renting a 3 or a Y from on Turo but there isnt really any close to me and the ones that are older (2018 and 2019) 3's and they are over $100/d so that would be $500 ish to rent a car for less than a week. When I could have put that $$ other places (kept for the downpayment or more accessories).

Reactions: TeslianInNC
VIN RECEIVED!
For all those who are skeptical of your car being able to arrive early, or those who think premium paint doesn't make a difference.

FYI - I also kept the payment method as cash until today after I got my VIN now I will switch it to 3rd party financing. (if that makes a difference)
That's great, congrats! I have the same config as you, ordered 5 days earlier, picking up from Cincy, but I still don't have a VIN. Hopefully soon!

Makes zero sense. I have the same config and I ordered 2 months before you.
Everything in the world makes sense once you have all the information. As others have pointed out, the car that @ForestGump received is undoubtedly one that another person declined, was unable to pay for, had a death in the family, whatever. His experience happens, but it's the exception. Everyone else just has to wait in line.
In my observation and after discussions with Tesla SAs (central and locally), I do think algorithms seem adaptive in the best interest of Tesla, and thus, it is constantly changing due to factors unknown to us on a daily basis. Location seems to be a major factor, with fuel for trucks and staffing being a limitation for those of us far from railways.
I think that's bang on target.

Does anybody think it’s safe for me to apply for financing now? I’m worried rates are going up this week. DCU said if I dont know which car I’m getting they can hold for 45 days so I’d have to tell a white lie. Near perfect credit score if it matters and I think I’ll have the car by the end of the month.

Reactions: NewEnglandCld
VIN RECEIVED!

That's great, congrats! I have the same config as you, ordered 5 days earlier, picking up from Cincy, but I still don't have a VIN. Hopefully soon!
Makes zero sense. I have the same config and I ordered 2 months before you. I mean, I'm really happy for you, but the Tesla delivery algorithm is sh*t.

OOPS! I mistook 4/16 for 2/16. I mean, good for you @ForestGump, but man this is seriously frustrating!

Does anybody think it’s safe for me to apply for financing now? I’m worried rates are going up this week. DCU said if I dont know which car I’m getting they can hold for 45 days so I’d have to tell a white lie. Near perfect credit score if it matters and I think I’ll have the car by the end of the month.
You can never be certain. As someone who is pretty adept with credit knowledge myself, if you have a near perfect score, another inquiry isn’t going to affect you as far as rates go. You have another inquiry but that’s relatively not a big deal as it will fall off in 24 months. If you were on the margins of two different credit tiers, then it might be a different story. This is working under the assumption here you have well above 740 if you said you have a near perfect score. Go for it.