Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another credit note, DCU uses Equifax as their credit bureau. Some banks pull all three credit bureaus, some use only one. If you apply for a mortgage, they typically pull all 3 and take your middle score. Most credit cards pull Experian or Transunion, and seldom Equifax. Sometimes they pull a combo or 2 or 3. Long story short, if you have pretty good credit, it's a really low hit. Of course, YMMV, it is your responsibility to understand your credit. I'll gladly help though.
Good to know! Thanks for this info. I do have excellent credit so the hit doesn’t worry me too much.

For the Toronto folks, I decided to get some gas (last bit of gas for my ICE car…) and just casually drop by the tesla centre. Creeped around the lot and there were probably half dozen model 3s. They all had matrix lights, but they were all 231/234/235xxx VINs

Still patiently waiting for my 238xxx to arrive. I’m in my EDD window right now but have heard nothing.

Last edited:
For the Toronto folks, I decided to get some gas and just casually drop by the tesla centre. Creeped around the lot and there were probably half dozen model 3s. They all had matrix lights, but they were all 231/234/235xxx VINs
Whew. The way that started, I thought we were going to read about some serious arson.

Woke up with good news today!

MSM / 18 Aero / Black Interior / No FSD

Order Date:
3/6
Initial EDD: May 13-June 10
4/22 Update: June 7-July 12
Todays 5/3 Update: May 22-June 19

I got that same update this morning and my EDD’s are identical to yours except my OD was a few days earlier than yours.

White Ext / Black Interior / 18 Aero / No FSD

Order Date:
2/28
Initial EDD: May 13-June 10
4/20: June 7-July 12
5/3: May 22-June 19

Ah I see, probably just backed up with all the others trying to get in last-minute approvals prior to the rate hikes... maybe we can expect an email in the next day or so.

Their CS seems overwhelmed as the hold time is an estimated 1.25-1.5 hours (not typical IME). I've been on hold for 1 hour 10 mins, I'll update this thread if they can provide me with the rate I was approved for as I'm curious and impatient.

N
For the Toronto folks, I decided to get some gas (last bit of gas for my ICE car…) and just casually drop by the tesla centre. Creeped around the lot and there were probably half dozen model 3s. They all had matrix lights, but they were all 231/234/235xxx VINs

Still patiently waiting for my 238xxx to arrive. I’m in my EDD window right now but have heard nothing.
Nice. Mines a 234 vin and supposed to pick up next Thursday. I'll go by for a test drive on Friday, so will have a look. Asked my SA what the rate for finance is, over 5% in Ontario. Also told I need to have thr bank draft from my account, can't be from my spouse. Sucks

N

Nice. Mines a 234 vin and supposed to pick up next Thursday. I'll go by for a test drive on Friday, so will have a look. Asked my SA what the rate for finance is, over 5% in Ontario. Also told I need to have thr bank draft from my account, can't be from my spouse. Sucks
are you financing but putting a down payment via bank draft?

I’ll be paying mine outright but have a bank draft coming out of another account not under my name and I asked the SA this and said it was fine.

Their CS seems overwhelmed as the hold time is an estimated 1.25-1.5 hours (not typical IME). I've been on hold for 1 hour 10 mins, I'll update this thread if they can provide me with the rate I was approved for as I'm curious and impatient.

Hey all - I have bad news for y'all.

Stop applying for DCU. It is not a rate lock for 45 days. This was confirmed by the representative, I asked a few times.

I was approved for 2.74%.
2.49 since it is an EV.
1.99 if I setup Direct Deposit + EV (I will).

However, the rates are not locked. They are variable depending on the market. They only get locked when you upload the purchase agreement with the VIN and the paperwork is done. It is more like a pre-approval.

Ugh.

Hey all - I have bad news for y'all.

Stop applying for DCU. It is not a rate lock for 45 days. This was confirmed by the representative, I asked a few times.

I was approved for 2.74%.
2.49 since it is an EV.
1.99 if I setup Direct Deposit + EV (I will).

However, the rates are not locked. They are variable depending on the market. They only get locked when you upload the purchase agreement with the VIN and the paperwork is done. It is more like a pre-approval.

Ugh.
Ah, I wish I saw this news about 20 minutes ago... If you (we) already applied for DCU it might be worth asking SA to switch to loan/tesla financing and see what rate is locked in there. I believe it's 30 days for Tesla with a rate lock.

Ah, I wish I saw this news about 20 minutes ago... If you (we) already applied for DCU it might be worth asking SA to switch to loan/tesla financing and see what rate is locked in there. I believe it's 30 days for Tesla with a rate lock.

Do they still use U.S. Bank? If they do and the rate is exactly the same, U.S. Bank currently shows "Rates from 3.54% to 5.74% APR"
-not great.

Would be interested in more information. I won't apply for another loan ahead of time unless I can get confirmation it's a rate lock before I provide my VIN.