Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another 8 EDD member? It's getting crowded in here!
Hopefully I'll be getting number 9 soon, as I'm only 4 days out from the beginning of my 4-week EDD window.
I guess I’m in good company!

I remember complaining about the lack of EDD updates in the early weeks after ordering and now I hope my EDD doesn’t change! It’s amazing how 70 days of waiting changes your perspective! 😂

This is a lie 😂
No text, no email. I reached out now to figure out next steps for financing etc.
FCD26083-BF01-45E7-9F70-F3D19077D685.jpeg

Just got my 2-week window. May 23 - June 6. So falls right in the 1 month range. The start of the window falls on the 3rd anniversary of my Order Date. Well, at least some movement. On another note, my trade in quote expired 2 days ago, I submitted a new mileage but still have not gotten my quote,I wonder what the holdup is.
Got that window last week, then pushed a day out this morning lol. At this point, I’ll take a one day pushback. I’d take a vin at least though

So my car is already delivered to the Brooklyn location with the VIN 239xxx, I called in today and they said they're missing a part that the insurance companies need to track the driving history of the vehicle. As soon as they get that part and are able to install it they'll call me for delivery. Has this happened to anyone else, and how long does that usually take?

I keep reading conflicting information on the charge port ECU and the matrix lights. Were those both temporary supply chain issues affecting production for a limited time and are resolved from cars being manufactured at this point? Or is it an on-going situation for either/both? Or do we not really know?

Last edited:
I keep reading conflicting information on the charge port and the matrix lights. Were those both temporary supply chain issues affecting production for a limited time and are resolved from cars being manufactured at this point? Or is it an on-going situation for either/both? Or do we not really know?
There's no information being published, so there's no "knowing". That said, it's clear that the "charge port" issue (apparently an Electronic Control Unit issue) is temporary because the car has to have that. It seems to be what's holding up a lot of deliveries. The headlamp thing was apparently only a very temporary issue that affected a couple thousand cars around the VIN ballpark of 240xxx. I'm assuming that older headlamps were used as a means of keeping production going.

The more concerned folks have been visiting their delivery location to find their car, check for tape over the charge port, and inspect the type of headlamp.

There's no information being published, so there's no "knowing". That said, it's clear that the "charge port" issue (apparently an Electronic Control Unit issue) is temporary because the car has to have that. It seems to be what's holding up a lot of deliveries. The headlamp thing was apparently only a very temporary issue that affected a couple thousand cars around the VIN ballpark of 240xxx. I'm assuming that older headlamps were used as a means of keeping production going.

The more concerned folks have been visiting their delivery location to find their car, check for tape over the charge port, and inspect the type of headlamp.
Thank you for the great synopsis!

New Signature update today. Got my two week window! And I’m eerily close to the end of my initial EDD of course.
For those that have no updates at 60-70 days. I was one of you with no updates until the first day of my initial EDD. I’m not going to lie. It feels better to get some action than no action. This 8 update club is living the dream.

Come on Elon. Roll them to AZ.

Both seem to be resolved on new cars coming out of the factory for now just based on forum member reports of cars arriving at their local service centers.

But of course no official statements from Tesla and there’s always the possibility of these or other parts shortages/delays affecting future production. Until chip production and supply chain/transportation is back to pre-pandemic levels, we’re not completely out of the woods yet.

New Signature update today. Got my two week window! And I’m eerily close to the end of my initial EDD of course.
For those that have no updates at 60-70 days. I was one of you with no updates until the first day of my initial EDD. I’m not going to lie. It feels better to get some action than no action. This 8 update club is living the dream.

Come on Elon. Roll them to AZ.
Maybe you’re the catalyst to get our cars to AZ!