Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well 113 days and the car arrivedee. I feel like by now everyone knows that it’s on an AMD chip. Yes, heater wipers, yes current headlights. 4/22 mfg date. (Not sure where to find the actual day of the month.
Over all the car looks pretty decent. However, I have a couple minor things. Both the front fenders having no gap and touching need adjustment. Other than that the rear brake lights are not even with each other.

Attachments

• 7572BC60-D7AB-4F8C-A84A-F00E57CC195C.jpeg
    7572BC60-D7AB-4F8C-A84A-F00E57CC195C.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 92
  • F1C79254-043E-4858-85C4-A18B0F934705.jpeg
    F1C79254-043E-4858-85C4-A18B0F934705.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 057BA4DF-707D-43CA-AD6A-CCE99255361C.jpeg
    057BA4DF-707D-43CA-AD6A-CCE99255361C.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 70
  • 12F5AB77-FEE2-4383-B348-FC318139251C.jpeg
    12F5AB77-FEE2-4383-B348-FC318139251C.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 68
So is the lesson on the lights is that Tesla is frugal and they’ll get away with whatever they can? First the mobile connector then the lights using some new old stock. People that don’t post here wouldn’t have known the difference.

Maybe they were hoping no one would notice the missing charging port too? I’m glad I’m part of this community. Thank you all for the wisdom you bring.
What is this about the charging port that you guys keep talking about? I’m a frequent flier to the forum and it seems like a lot of people have started talking about this lately.

I just poked around a bit and it looks like VINs have been assigned to orders no later than mid-February. Does that sound correct? Does anyone have a VIN later than that who is not in an exceptional situation such as getting somebody else's cancelled order? If so, we're looking at at least 3 month waits, Perhaps an extra month for base configurations. I'm just trying to simplify expectations here. The web site is predicting 3-6 months for upgraded configurations on new orders. Base configurations are 5-7 months. Just nuts.

Hmm. If Tesla is building 18,000 Model 3s per month and they're backed up around 6 months, that's 108,000 pending orders. I'm glad they're not all waiting here. Yikes.
I got a Vin on 5/5 ordered 2/28 central California

Model 3 Long Range/black paint/black interior/aero wheels/no FSD
Order Location: Southeastern United States
VIN Status: not assigned
Order Date: February 26, 2022
EDD 1: May (original EDD on order date)
EDD 2: March 18 - March 31 (updated on February 28)
EDD 3: May 19 - June 16 (updated on March 8)
EDD 4: March 29 - March 31 (updated March 13)
EDD 5: May 11 to June 15 (updated March 18)
EDD 6: April 28 - May 12 (updated April 10)
EDD 7: May 20 - June 17 (updated April 15)
EDD 8: June 1 to July 6 (updated April 20)
EDD 9: May 18 to June 1 (updated April 26)
EDD 10: May 26 to June 9 (updated May 7)
Wow. I'm SE US and ordered within a few days of you. LR/White/White/Aero/no FSD. I only got 3-4 EDD updates and got my VIN a few days ago. Sorry youre getting jerked around...

Reactions: jpaychek
There's no information being published, so there's no "knowing". That said, it's clear that the "charge port" issue (apparently an Electronic Control Unit issue) is temporary because the car has to have that. It seems to be what's holding up a lot of deliveries. The headlamp thing was apparently only a very temporary issue that affected a couple thousand cars around the VIN ballpark of 240xxx. I'm assuming that older headlamps were used as a means of keeping production going.

The more concerned folks have been visiting their delivery location to find their car, check for tape over the charge port, and inspect the type of headlamp.
Seems the matrix headlight thing has been narrowed down based on vin but now I wonder about the charge port ECU issue. Around what vin did that start and end? Because I saw no less then 50 cars yesterday at my center and none had tape. Don't know if my center is not using tape or they ran out 🤣 but I'll look at it as the issue is not there. And to be fair they could have already fixed all of them.

Seems the matrix headlight thing has been narrowed down based on vin but now I wonder about the charge port ECU issue. Around what vin did that start and end? Because I saw no less then 50 cars yesterday at my center and none had tape. Don't know if my center is not using tape or they ran out 🤣 but I'll look at it as the issue is not there. And to be fair they could have already fixed all of them.
Hopefully your 235XX vin comes with the matrix lights…my vin is 235XX as well!

What is this about the charging port that you guys keep talking about? I’m a frequent flier to the forum and it seems like a lot of people have started talking about this lately.
There is a missing part on the vehicles that prevents delivery. It is described as a missing "charge port", but others have described it as a missing Electronic Control Unit (a circuit board) in the rear of the car, probably responsible for controlling the car's AC charger and possibly other stuff as well. (If the actual charge port was missing, they obviously couldn't be physically plugged in) Cars were seen in delivery lots with tape over the charge port, presumably to remind people not to attempt to plug them in until they had the missing part installed.

There are a whole mess of cars piling up at delivery locations, and folks here are reporting having VINs and 4-day windows on their estimated delivery dates, but very few people are actually able to schedule delivery. So either the missing part is just not available yet, or they're reaching the field locations and are being slowly installed. In general, this seems to be a pretty big traffic jam in the system, but it'll get cleared.

Everyone should realize that operating under these supply-constrained conditions is very unusual, and Tesla is undoubtedly working hard to come up with procedures and policies that deals with this sort of stuff as it comes up. I'm sure they'd rather be spending their time refining the production process than dealing with supply problems.

Regardless of when it started, the cars are in the lots, but we're not hearing of very many people taking delivery. It seems that ECUs are either trickling into delivery sites or they're taking time to install. I chafe at the idea that they're "fixing" the cars. They're not "broken" so much as incomplete.

Some assembly required.

Wonder what the record is (I’m not about to read the whole thread to find out).
I saw someone with 16(!!!) EDDs, but I believe it was a RWD…so I guess that doesn’t count.

I am at 10 EDDs. Did h4ph4z4rd and I just dethrone T-J! I actually ran out of characters when I updated my signature to include all my EDDs. 😂

It’s been an emotional rollercoaster, and I will gladly surrender my current shared title to finally get my car without anymore pushbacks! 😎

Hi everyone.

This is my first post. I have been reading and learning a lot from these forums. It is a great place to learn.

I just received my 2 week window of 5/25 to 6/8. No vin assigned yet. I am really hoping it will have the Matrx headlights.

I have a basement full of accessories ready for when it arrives.

M3LR White / Black, 18:Aero, no FSD
OD 3/6.
EDD#1 3/7 5/19 to 6/16
EDD#2 5/8 5/25 to 6/8

Yesterday I took the little lady to pick up her car at CarMax and I spent over two hours with two different Teslas. This is by far the most exposure I've had to a Tesla and with absolutely no one around I could really play with every feature. One was white with a white interior and was a 2021 standard range. The other, where I spent most of my time, was the 2021 M3LR gray with a black interior. I chose not to drive either and simply played with the features based on what I've learned from thousands of videos I've watched.

My first thought is the car is everything I had hoped for in terms of technology. It's just amazing how many different things you can do and it's so exciting to know each day we may see even more options. For an 80s kid, it was hilarious to me to sit in the car and play Missle Command, Super Breakout, Asteroids, etc. The audio system was really impressive, the seats were comfortable, the screen large and bright, build quality was solid and overall it seems Telsa has thought of nearly everything.

A few things I thought I would point out to those of you like me that haven't had a lot of access to Teslas and are buying based on years of reading and watching videos. Many of you will know much of this but perhaps not. BTW, I don't mean to be critical here because some of this is just my personal taste.

1. If you're getting a white interior I hope you have actually seen one with white. Not that there is anything wrong with it but wow it's bright and in this case, you could see how easily it gets dirty. I can certainly see why people love it and why others wouldn't want to go that route.

2. The screen is big and beautiful but I wouldn't expect it to react as quickly as a high-end mobile phone. Some of that could be due to the cars having the older chip. Also, the cars were in an area where the building may have been causing the mobile connection to be slower than usual. In certain situations, that was likely causing a delay with features like navigation.

3. People often comment on the frunk being small and it is but it's basically a bonus spot and a fantastic addition IMO.

4. Similar to the frunk thoughts, the trunk isn't huge when you first open it but then you have the large area under it as well. Overall you're dealing with a nice amount of storage. The trunk auto opens and closes but the frunk only unlocks and must be opened and closed manually.

5. I've always been confused about why people rarely talk about the voice commands when it comes to operating these cars. Few videos show the option being used so for me it's one of the first things I took a close look at. Why would I want to go through several steps to open the glove box (compartment to me) when I can simply push the steering wheel button and say "open glove box"? I found that so much easier when using features like the glove box or trunk. Adding a button on the touchscreen allowing you to give voice commands would be a nice addition.

6. The cars had no wifi connection at the time and I found it odd that most of the games were not available because they needed to be updated. It may be a better idea to allow people to play them and update when they do have access. Maybe I missed that ability.

7. I've heard people say they expected more when they first climbed inside a Telsa. For $50k+ you may be expecting the feeling of entering a car from the future or absolute luxury. That's not the case, in some ways it's a simple interior. But keep in mind so many features are purposely hidden or well placed to the point that you may not notice them immediately. The technology alone is mind-blowing, and the EV experience and safety leave me thrilled with my purchase. You're more than getting your money's worth.

Again, just some random thoughts and opinions after an afternoon with the Model 3.

I'll leave you with one pro tip. Do not get into the back seat thinking you'll get a feel for the space and then close the door behind you. You may then find that the child lock has been enabled. Good luck getting out. 🤣

I order my LR model 3 at the end of march . I think I have watch pretty much every Tesla video on YouTube. I'm am just "patiently " waiting. My delivery date has been jumping around from June 5 to July 5 all the way to sept but currently I am seeing July 5 right now. Was this something you saw as well?
My OD is 4/7, original EDD was June 12, then 2 weeks later changed to July 9-Aug 20. When I called the toll free number, he was kind of confused and said he thinks it will get pulled to June, but I don't know. Supposedly the 19" wheels get earlier delivery, but I am not seeing many white cars get delivered so I really don't know, but it's annoying.