Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a heads up for people, you loan application has to be active beyond your delivery date, and not just beyond you VIN assignment date.
My loan application expires on 15th and my pickup is also scheduled for the 15th, so I am trying to see if I can get the delivery a day earlier, or just take the hit and apply again for loan.
I know we both have same exact config, same VIN series, same pick up loc, same EDD window (5/15 to 5/19)...
But when I was trying to schedule over call, I was scheduled for delivery on 14th. I also received the email today from the Mt.Kisco delivery team confirming the car would reach the center by 12th and I should be on-track for 14th delivery.

Its hard to imagine our cars will be on differnt truck, so with that assumption you could ask if they could schedule you for 14th or even 13th if possible which will help you on loan process as you mentioned. Good luck either way 👍

Do we have to wait for tesla to receive/process the cheque or are we good as long as we provide the tracking info?
All Tesla wanted was a picture of the check(front and back) which dcu provides to you in an email along with a tracking number. That way they keep things moving while the check arrives to them directly. After send that out to tesla, they contact you and schedule a pick up date.

Reactions: makopolo
I read that Tesla (in CA) manufactures 1200+ vehicles on a daily basis. Are they adding super chargers to compensate, especially for when Texas really gets up and running? I’m worried we will soon have a “line for Costco gas” type of situation.

Edit: I’m mainly worried about this on long road trips, especially in more remote locations.

• Informative
Reactions: Junior86
All Tesla wanted was a picture of the check(front and back) which dcu provides to you in an email along with a tracking number. That way they keep things moving while the check arrives to them directly. After send that out to tesla, they contact you and schedule a pick up date.
That's really cool that they do that. Also super helpful to know since I'm planning on using DCU as well.

Wow, look at my sig- same configs (including FSD) but I ordered a couple weeks after you and have a better EDD. Must be the location? Really interesting.
I have the same config but with 19in wheels and a 2/15 order date. I also have a closely matching EDD. Maybe we're in the same batch. :)

P.S.: I expect my EDD to slip first thing tomorrow morning (as is traditional).

Reactions: T-J-
Santa seems to have been busy in AZ today. I too got my VIN (5YJ3E1EB8NF252XXX) via a text message at 6 pm PST.
Rushed to get my Tesla Insurance, but alas it required that I call them and they had closed down for the day.
Made my payment.
Keeping my fingers crossed that I can schedule my delivery within my delivery window of May 12th to May 16th as I am scheduled to travel from May 19th onwards.

Wow, look at my sig- same configs (including FSD) but I ordered a couple weeks after you and have a better EDD. Must be the location? Really interesting.
They are probably producing certain configs in different batches. For example, mid-may deliveries seem to be for black with white interior while recent deliveries seem to be mostly blue/black with black interior?

Reactions: critchamc
Does anyone know if Tesla matches a trade in value of a current vehicle with offers from Carvana or Carmax, etc? I'm about 20 days out from the start of my EDD window and i'm debating risking trading in my car early and hoping for no more EDD pushbacks.

I read that Tesla (in CA) manufactures 1200+ vehicles on a daily basis. Are they adding super chargers to compensate, especially for when Texas really gets up and running? I’m worried we will soon have a “line for Costco gas” type of situation.

Edit: I’m mainly worried about this on long road trips, especially in more remote locations.
I want to two different super charger locations on Mother’s Day and both locations were not only full, but there were cars waiting in line to charge. There are only 1,500+/- super chargers in the US.

Santa seems to have been busy in AZ today. I too got my VIN (5YJ3E1EB8NF252XXX) via a text message at 6 pm PST.
Rushed to get my Tesla Insurance, but alas it required that I call them and they had closed down for the day.
Made my payment.
Keeping my fingers crossed that I can schedule my delivery within my delivery window of May 12th to May 16th as I am scheduled to travel from May 19th onwards.
Congrats! AZ in the house. Excited for you all. Roll some of that love to Glendale please.