Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it true Canadians don’t get VIN in app until we schedule delivery ?
No idea, but in Canada our main order/delivery interface is via the website, not the app.
If i have a trade in and they give me a final pricing. And i pick up my car and send them a bank draft. If they see the car and its not as good condition as they thought, will they redo the pricing on the spot?
Lol no they either deliver the car to you and schedule free service to fix it in the near future, or if the vehicle fails final inspection you get a new VIN.
For minor things they'll say it's "within spec" and you'll be s**t out of luck.
If you want to haggle on price go to a dealership

White Ext / White Int / Aero LR
VIN : Still N/A
Delivery est. May 19- Jun 16
Ordered on 3/18

When should I expect a ViN #??
Within the next 30 days assuming no EDD pushbacks.
My OD was around late feb and I got my vin about 3 weeks ago. Soon after receiving the vin, I got a text from my SA saying my delivery will tentatively get pushed to week of may 18th due to "extensive firmware update". I follow up again for more details but no dice. SA keeps saying they will notify me once final inspections are completed and its been in that status for 2 weeks. Anyone had similar experiences? How long does it take to do final inspection? I feel like soemthing fishy is going on. any thoughts?
In my experience they do it in <24 hours. Includes washing the car 1-2 times. Sounds like your SA is just saying that but in reality it is probably waiting for parts like everyone else.

@Teleezen
I got the text 24 hours after I got my VIN, so it was pretty early.

Last edited:
Reactions: Junior86
No idea, but in Canada our main order/delivery interface is via the website, not the app.

Lol no they either deliver the car to you and schedule free service to fix it in the near future, or if the vehicle fails final inspection you get a new VIN.
If you want to haggle on price go to a dealership

Within the 30 days assuming no EDD pushbacks.

In my experience they do it in <24 hours. Includes washing the car 1-2 times.

@Teleezen
I got the text as soon as I
I think he meant if his trade in wasn't up to snuff, not the tesla he is buying.

Called my SA to make sure the car was going to be 100%, for example missing charge port parts, and he assured me it was good to go for Saturday pickup. Also he confirmed Matrix headlights!

Congrats !!! Do you know how long we can drive the car with the temporary registration number they provide? I understand that to begin the process of registration and license plates we need to receive some documents from Tesla which can take a week to 10 days.

Reactions: elyk864
I'm thinking you need your VIN number and loan documents to get fully approved. Have both of you guys done this? I'm assuming CEEV has (hence the email).

edit: For DCU. For Tesla, you do not need a VIN. Tesla locks you in for 60 days.
Holy cow this thread moves fast!

@Not That M3 / @SkunkApe I assume you're right; thus far I've only filled out the (very short) application form. My mid-March OD means I'm obviously still waiting on that VIN. IJust thought that they might quote a rate for me as part of the approval. I have another app w/ my credit union and they locked my rate @2.29 for 90 days w/o pulling a credit report! Pays to be a 10+ year customer I guess.

Holy cow this thread moves fast!

@Not That M3 / @SkunkApe I assume you're right; thus far I've only filled out the (very short) application form. My mid-March OD means I'm obviously still waiting on that VIN. IJust thought that they might quote a rate for me as part of the approval. I have another app w/ my credit union and they locked my rate @2.29 for 90 days w/o pulling a credit report! Pays to be a 10+ year customer I guess.
Which Cu?

Many EV owners are in apartments, condos, etc and while it's not as convenient it's certainly reasonable to own an EV without a 'house'. Oddly enough I'm about to find myself in that same situation. My house was put on the market yesterday and we'll be moving to an oceanfront condo a few miles from here. I hate the fact that I just installed the charger and the timing didn't work out well as a soon-to-be EV owner but it was the right time to sell so we'll figure it out. A lot of complexes and businesses are installing level 2 chargers and between those and the superchargers, I'm not concerned.
I will hopefully take delivery of mine next month and im also in an apartment building. My building just installed 3 Level 2 Chargers and has plans to add up to 12 more as needed.

Went today to pick up the car at the Fremont Factory and OMG it was so cool. I went inside the tesla store next to the factory. It wen fast and inside there was the new Model s Plaid. It feels so weird being inside a tesla especially a model s. You feel like ur in a space ship like If I have hella money Im getting the plaid. Drove the tesla back home and it was so fast OMG like yeah the wait is so worth it.