Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long did the entire process take? Could you provide a timeline please?
Not That M3,

We purchased a Model 3 in December 2021 and had to have ALL financing completed prior to delivery. It has to do with Texas not being allowed to "sell" direct in Texas. We did all of the paperwork, final payment, and also the financing was signed and funded before the car made it to Texas soil. We had no issues and the car was in great shape, had two minor issues and opened a service ticket at delivery on Pond Springs and those were handled quickly (one was a scuff mark in the clear coat near the passenger rear wheel well and the other was the passenger rear door was a bit harder to close than the rest).

We are now purchasing a second Model 3 in my name. My credit is fair to good, but I had no large vehicle purchases on my credit in the last 20 years or so. I had an RV, paid off...had a mortgage, also paid off a year ago, new mortgage...but had trouble with DCU and UFCU approving me without making a MUCH larger downpayment. I then went thru Tesla Finance and was approved in 3 minutes with a lower interest rate than I was expecting, very fair for my credit history.

I have already made final payment and waiting to sign the loan agreement. Delivery is set for next Thursday 5/26 at the Pond Springs lot (same one we picked up our first M3).

Tesla's banks seem to be 60 days. I've talked with several credit unions in the Carolinas and they were all 60, DCU (DCU | Personal & Business Banking) is 60 or more I believe.
I just went with Tesla finance and the document says the approval is good for 60 days, but the rate quote is good for 30 days. Basically, it means they will honor the approval from day 31 to 60, but it might be at a different rate.

I just went with Tesla finance and the document says the approval is good for 60 days, but the rate quote is good for 30 days. Basically, it means they will honor the approval from day 31 to 60, but it might be at a different rate.
They use different banks so we could see different rates and lock times. I thought they were all like mine but some others pointed out earlier today that they had different terms.

My Tesla order vs my wife’s Lincoln Corsair GT (PHEV) order:

My sig tells the story of my order so now I’ll tell you what my wife has dealt with with Lincoln (Ford).

She ordered her Lincoln Corsair GT on November 27, 2021 from a Black Label dealer. She was told 8 to 10 weeks delivery due to chip shortages. She heard nothing from Lincoln until March 25th where she received an email with her VIN. All emails listed below came in at 7PM.
3/25 - Build week set as 5/16
4/1 - Build week moved to 5/9
4/5 - Build week moved to 5/2
4/13 - Build week moved to 5/9
4/25 - Build week moved to 5/15
5/6 - Build week moved to 5/30
5/17 - Build week moved to 6/6
These are not EDDs but are dates Lincoln is to start production. Actual EDD is not provided by Lincoln (Ford). Lincoln Corsairs are built in Louisville Ky and the ship time to Orlando is estimated at 2 weeks given past history of deliveries. Deliveries go through Jacksonville and that can hold up delivery time another 2 weeks (no reason given).
It’s hard for me to complain about delayed delivery compared to what she has endured. Tesla has SA’s that are at times helpful but Lincoln‘s Concierge service is of no help. Their available info is usually two emails behind what we already know.
Tesla is not the only one with build/communication issues.

Oh it's here in Fort Lauderdale, been here since 5/11, waiting for the charge port. EDD 5/23. It's just that people receiving their cars order so much later than me.
You have the base car with no upgrades so that would generally slow down your delivery but there's no excuse for it taking that long. Glad to see you are close to actually getting the car but it makes no sense why it has taken so long.

Reactions: jpaychek
how did you get 2.49? is that with all of the discounts? Not sure I want to give up my Chase bank account and move to them for .5% off a car loan or not.
Yes all discounts
.25% EV Discount
.5% Direct Deposit Discount

.5% is likely maybe a few dollars, prolly not worth, depending on your situation. I had just bought a house and wife a new car so the credit hit doesn't really effect us any time soon.

Reactions: Maric
Picked up our Tesla today without a hitch. Quality of the car is great. The gal who helped me pointed out an area where a strap came lose and scratched one of the front pillars and scratched a tiny bit of the front windshield. Honestly, I probably would of missed it. She pointed it out and said the part would be here in 2-3 weeks and they would provide us a loaner if they needed the car anymore than a day. Gaps were all even. 248 vin with matrix. Charger too of course.
The pickup process was easier than any car I’ve ever purchased. The order process was smooth. Lot of clowns on here saying otherwise but it is clear they never ordered from any other manufacture before. I’ve owned a VW, Ford and GMC, all “ordered” and never received anywhere close to this good of an experience. Never any communication along the way from those three. And never an estimated delivery date. Can’t beat 5 minutes to sign 3 papers and absolutely zero sales bullshit from a finance person trying to sell all sorts of *sugar* you don’t need. The wait sucks but it’s worth it. The smile on your face as you mash the accelerator for the first time will make it all worth it.

I took delivery today and the car came with 8 miles on the ODO, matrix headlights, and Ryzen CPU. The trunk panel seems a bit larger than I expected but it's symmetrical on both sides. The door handle on the rear is a bit more flushed inside than the rest—no issues besides these two.

Not sure what the manufacture date is, the sticker on the driver's side says 5/22/2022 but that can't be right.

Car is home! Been getting everything setup!

Delivery was great. There was one problem with a loose taillight, and they took it in and fixed it in 5 minutes. It was a loose screw. Drove straight and true coming home! Did get my first rock chip on the fender already, but after all it is N. Texas.

My build month was 5/22. They had a ton of Model 3's and Y's, and I'd say there was at least 10 people there picking up there vehicles in Plano. I did see several parked to the side with the dreaded "tape" over the charger!

VIN 2473XX - Came with Michelins and Matrix Headlights

Attachments

• BRQD9691.jpeg
    BRQD9691.jpeg
    708.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4906.jpeg
    IMG_4906.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 69
how did you get 2.49? is that with all of the discounts? Not sure I want to give up my Chase bank account and move to them for .5% off a car loan or not.
You can always split up your direct deposit. I prefer to pay my auto loan from the same lender if possible. Just put in the direct deposit amount slightly greater than your auto loan amount.

Reactions: southpaw407
I got the text to schedule delivery!!! Picking up in Lynnwood this Friday!

I just ordered an anti-glare screen protector and the little insert that makes the cup holder safe for skinny beverages! What else should I get?!
First of all congrats, you're almost there. As for accessories, I took this from one of my previous posts - The one many seem to overlook is the lock for J1772 adapter. You can find a lot of videos with people taking your charger cord out if you don't use the lock. Not to mention that they are dirt cheap. https://amzn.to/3vWDpJI