Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing that’s been reported here. I’m with you on the delay of VIN assigned cars. One poster has a VIN since April 25th with the car sitting at the SC. Another poster just picked up a car with a 237XXX VIN. It was very dusty from sitting on the lot but passed all visual inspections. It‘s either charge port modules are rarer than hen’s teeth or grossly mismanaged SC’s.
Given the wired mobile connector has been out of stock for a very long time (super fast sell outs when they show up), it could be chips for these kind of products aren’t available.
My car came off the line 4/22, VIN 2341XX, has been in FLL since 5/11. I just called since the target date for the charge port is today 5/23. S/A said "give it a couple of days for them to get the car ready." When I asked if my car was currently getting the port put in today she said she would call the service center and call me back in 1 hour ......... let see.

Jumped the shark and updated our 01/08 RWD order to LR today. ERDD went to the null value of August - November 2022. Didn’t have much of a choice as our HOA canceled our car share with no notice and interest rates are creeping up. RWD orders from August 2021 are still waiting and there hasn’t been a VIN reported in well over a week.

Eager to see how this plays out and glad to enjoy more range and a batter sound system.

Does the LR come with mats in the trunk and frunk?

Also we bought Tesla carpet mats but. Je don’t need them. What’s the best way to unload them?
EDD updated this morning to May 31 - June 14. Absolutely wild.

I'm starting to notice from reading all these posts that a lot of orders here are getting new EDDs of 4 weeks that range from early-to-mid June into early-to-mid July. Most of them are March orders, and mine is from late April. I'm guessing April is also part of the Q2 push or something? Having yet to hear from other April ODs on their current EDDs.
I'll be shocked if your EDD holds. You ordered over a month later than me. Only difference in our configurations is the wheels. You have June/July EDD while I got bumped to Aug/Sept. I hope your EDD holds, but I would be shocked. Of course it is Tesla, so anything can happen. There have been some fortunate folks to receive vehicles in less than 30 days. If I end up in mid-to-late August, I'll be closer to 150 days.

Reactions: Nfletcher
EDD updated this morning to May 31 - June 14. Absolutely wild.
Told ya. No doubt you'll get a VIN shortly after. Also, considering your OD, did you get the grandfathered price? I obviously can't expect that for me since I ordered after the price hike, but you should view that ASAP to make sure you're not being charged for the current LR price.

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
guy charging me 1100 to install a nema 14-50 outlet, is this price reasonable?
It depends on your location and the work involved. I'm in the DC area, and needed to have a 60' run of #6 cable. $1300. In general, getting multiple estimates is the best way to find out what's reasonable and what's not. I only went for two estimates because the second guy charged me for an estimate. You can go broke just trying to do your due diligence.

A request for folks making update posts. Could you include the number of days you've been waiting? That seems to be the one thing that we could really focus on. I went through all this before things went crazy, so I got a VIN at day 34, and took delivery at day 47. In comparison, folks seem to be taking delivery out around day 100 now. If you're waiting, you should probably set your expectations based on the number of days you've been waiting, not on whether you have a 2 week window, or are a day from a 4 day window, etc.

I ask this in hopes that it will become easier to spot what's going on and to help set expectations for others who are new to the process. Anyone here could go back and tease out the elapsed times from the posted dates, but I think more eyes would pick up on more information if we got those elapsed time numbers out in plain view.

Something that I just tripped over is an article that summarizes lead times for ordering a new car from various manufacturers. It's from a UK media source.

New car delivery times: how long will you have to wait? | Carbuyer

Told ya. No doubt you'll get a VIN shortly after. Also, considering your OD, did you get the grandfathered price? I obviously can't expect that for me since I ordered after the price hike, but you should view that ASAP to make sure you're not being charged for the current LR price.
It was the pre-hike price - $50,990. 🤑

Last edited:
I'll be shocked if your EDD holds. You ordered over a month later than me. Only difference in our configurations is the wheels. You have June/July EDD while I got bumped to Aug/Sept. I hope your EDD holds, but I would be shocked. Of course it is Tesla, so anything can happen. There have been some fortunate folks to receive vehicles in less than 30 days. If I end up in mid-to-late August, I'll be closer to 150 days.
Looking at your sig, you seem to have the base model. The wheels are probably the reason why I was pulled closer to today. If you were to upgrade something like white interior, 19" wheels, or Black/Blue/Red, then you'll get it sooner since your build isn't base.

Edit: I loved the way Aero looks, but I switched to Sport to see if I can get my M3 sooner than later, and I learned to admire the way the wheels look with MSM.

It depends on your location and the work involved. I'm in the DC area, and needed to have a 60' run of #6 cable. $1300. In general, getting multiple estimates is the best way to find out what's reasonable and what's not. I only went for two estimates because the second guy charged me for an estimate. You can go broke just trying to do your due diligence.

A request for folks making update posts. Could you include the number of days you've been waiting? That seems to be the one thing that we could really focus on. I went through all this before things went crazy, so I got a VIN at day 34, and took delivery at day 47. In comparison, folks seem to be taking delivery out around day 100 now. If you're waiting, you should probably set your expectations based on the number of days you've been waiting, not on whether you have a 2 week window, or are a day from a 4 day window, etc.

I ask this in hopes that it will become easier to spot what's going on and to help set expectations for others who are new to the process. Anyone here could go back and tease out the elapsed times from the posted dates, but I think more eyes would pick up on more information if we got those elapsed time numbers out in plain view.

Something that I just tripped over is an article that summarizes lead times for ordering a new car from various manufacturers. It's from a UK media source.

New car delivery times: how long will you have to wait? | Carbuyer
From my research, seemed like 45 days was the window, but during these times it has changed to around 90-100 day mark like you stated. For me today is my 72nd day!

Is there more to the southeast story than "charge ports"? It doesn't seem possible how people with confirmed VINs could be going on 2-3 weeks without an accurate delivery date, given that we know the part is being installed in new cars and people in the same region are receiving deliveries despite later VIN reception dates.

Just seems really weird - there hasn't been ANYTHING approximating an update, let alone a transparent one, in over a full week.
literally blows my mind lol. Why are we waiting on parts that are being installed on brand new cars built well after ours.

Reactions: tapau
The 18" Aero is also on backorder so maybe its a Michelin supply chain situation. Probably why other tires are being offered instead of Michelin. The 18s are not available in the Tesla shop as listed as Michelin. If I ordered my same car today it shows Oct 22-Jan 23. So that's a 90 day timeline between Oct and January. [Mine will be exactly 94 days from OD to pick up]
It takes approximately 3-5 days to complete the assembly process of one car, so it's apparent the car if ordered today would not be built until mid December to be ready in January. So that's 7 months to December of filling current orders and hoping supply chain is able to fulfill orders.
hmmm that's an interesting point. if I go on the tesla site and order my exact spec w/o aero wheels it says EDD is Aug-Nov 22'. If I switch to Aero wheels, it jumps to Oct-Jan 23'

So all the new deliveries.....any issues with Roof Glass....our declined car was totally misaligned.....

Pics would be great!

Woke up to a slightly narrower EDD range of 06/11 to 07/09. I was hoping for sooner (like everyone else), but it’s nice to see some movement for a SoCal order.

guy charging me 1100 to install a nema 14-50 outlet, is this price reasonable?

Paid 650.00 to get my Tesla Connector installed.

Perfect. Must feel great upgrading from RWD to LR. More money, yes, but it's worth it.
Thank you - It is bitter-sweet. I'm glad to be able to upgrade and see the benefits, and I feel like I am getting $6k in value. We're very excited despite the added cost. But the way Tesla treats RWD customers is appalling, as is how they do business in general. Dropping the charger, stringing folks along with no communication....they are a trillion-dollar company. I emailed every service center in my area, monthly, asking for help and every single one ignored me. I have not been spoken to by a human being since I ordered. They can do better than this.