Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 271xxx assigned this morning in the app. EDD June 20-24. It takes 2 weeks for the car to travel from Fremont to Mt. Kisco, NY. No text from Tesla so far. It's getting real!
Same here, no texts or anything, just popped up in the app, same updated EDD. The first clue I had was the "Tesla would like to use bluetooth" notification when I started up the app.

ave a super hot product that we all plunk down $250 to wait 3-6 months for a car that we'll get when su
It's supply vs demand really. For all the crappy things he's done lately, Elon Musk did take the right approach at the beginning of focusing on building the best product so that it'd sell itself. And that's all Tesla has really. A product that's years ahead of competition, and not much else.

Tesla seems to think the privilege of buying a Tesla is thanks enough and buyers should be glad such an honor is even bestowed upon them. You will take what Tesla gives you and you will like it. 🙃
I suspect that giving anything to a customer in a way that is connected with a sale constitutes some kind of legal precedent. So if Tesla gives something for this, people start in on law suits for other stuff saying that their harm was equal to or greater than the ECU situation. This is why we can't have nice things.

I was thinking about this earlier today and thought that Tesla could do something like send 10,000 Supercharger miles to such people as part of a "sampling program" to see how the replacement ECUs are performing. It's not a reward. It's not associated with the sale. It's not compensation. It's a way for Tesla to do more research into charging. It's also masked as being specifically related to the ECU issue. Take it a step farther and make it sound like the people with the replacement ECUs are being further inconvenienced. If you can't be seen being nice to people, be seen being mean to them. While being nice.
Well....they have a super hot product that we all plunk down $250 to wait 3-6 months for a car that we'll get when supply is avail.
I can't believe that the people at Tesla are dumb enough to think that they can burn good will among their buyers and not expect that to come back to them. I had an experience with Ford that so alienated me that I've sworn off buying one of their products ever again. I wonder if Tesla is so overloaded with the task of scaling up their business that they aren't even aware of the customer experience. After all, if the Tesla people are stressed and overworked, they may not have much empathy for customers who want a flawless buying experience. Not consciously, but just following human nature as they're busy suffering themselves. In the software world, the joke is that we don't comment our code because it was hard to write, so it should be hard to understand.