Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked for yours but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there. They have several of our color and they (along with almost every car I saw today) had matrix. I'm sure yours will arrive in the next couple of days. They were delivering them one after another today. BTW, I went an hour early and they didn't mind at all. I walked inside and let them know I was there and within two minutes my SA came out and we got started. Such an easy process. Thanks and keep me posted on how your delivery goes!
Will do! Glad to see that they are rolling in ( and out!) I'll keep you posted on how it goes! Thanks for looking out!

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
🎉🙌 Now that's the kind of delivery I'm hoping for! Congrats and Safe travels!!
It really was seamless. My car was parked very close to the front door of the SC and was charged to 90%. I connected the app, registered the keys and beyond that it was just the SA and I talking about a few things about the business and how busy they were.

One thing I did mention to my girlfriend right away is that if you see a Telsa with temp tags you should back off a little. They could be like me and learning the brakes, the signals, navigation, etc. I say it jokingly but being serious at the same time. I pulled right into fast moving traffic so I had to figure it all out quickly and then on the interstate within two miles. But the setup is really intuitive and it only takes a short amount of time to be comfortable.

Hello! Wanted to get some advice! I’ve been thinking about switching from the 18” to the 19” wheels. What are the advantages or updating the wheels. I doubt it would move my EDD up, but from a performance viewpoint? Thoughts from those who went 19”? ODD for me was 4/29, current EDD is Aug 14- Sept 15 (after briefly jumping up to July 5 😭). M3LR, Red exterior, black interior.
I switched to 19" a few weeks after ordering my M3 because I preferred the look of the 19s with the Pearl white--although I'll lose some range. It made no change in my EDD.

Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happens in the last month of the quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. Orders with FSD do not currently receive priority.
12. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
13. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

I switched to 19" a few weeks after ordering my M3 because I preferred the look of the 19s with the Pearl white--although I'll lose some range. It made no change in my EDD.
The Sport wheels look so nice with MSM as well, but I ended up with the Turbines. I also lowered the air pressure of each because they are quite bouncy on the roads at such a high psi.

Reactions: gators918
Good eyes from everyone else that noticed MSM is being pushed back. I guess that is why I got pushed back a month. I would upgrade to red or blue (don’t like black or white cars) for the extra money in hopes of getting it sooner but I manage rental properties and I can’t have a red Tesla (or any eye catching colored car) as a bright beacon to be stolen or carjacked while I’m in some high crime areas. Hopefully they’ll run a big batch of MSM paint soon. Or maybe others will upgrade to another color. I have to resist the red upgrade!
I had contemplated switching to red myself. When I spoke to tesla, they said any changes to my config ma further delay my order. That was before the price change. Now, I’m wondering if a switch to red would be a $4500 increase rather than a $2k increase?

Delivered 06/18! Matrix Headlights and Michelin Tires. Issues reported; front fender alignment, Dash Trim. All else looked good, 32 miles on the clock when the vehicle arrived.

Screenshot_20220619-065840.pngScreenshot_20220619-070145.pngdash.JPG

Can someone maybe help me make an explanation on what happened?

OD: 3/15
EDD last night: 6/19-6/30
EDD this morning: 7/18-8/15

M3, LR, white, black, 18", no FSD

Orange County
The date may very well change again, this happens a lot. But unfortunately, there is a chance that they're telling you that they can't get you in this quarter and from what we've seen in the past they do very little with deliveries in the first two weeks of a new quarter.

M3, LR, white, black, 18", no FSD

Orange County
It's just the natural expansion and contraction of the universe, er, I mean the EDD, lol. Your order date is one day before mine and your config is exactly the same. You're on the west coast and I'm on the east coast. I received my VIN on 6/15 and am scheduled for delivery on 6/28. I wouldn't be surprised if you see some positive changes very soon. Of course, all estimates subject to change. ;)

The date may very well change again, this happens a lot. But unfortunately, there is a chance that they're telling you that they can't get you in this quarter and from what we've seen in the past they do very little with deliveries in the first two weeks of a new quarter.
Okay, thank you for your input! I was so excited to get my VIN in the upcoming days.. but I guess not. 🙁

Alright, just picked up my car from Devon in the Philly area. Awesome and super easy experience. They even had it charged to 90% for me. I didn't find anything wrong with the car at all. It looks amazing, I had a blast driving it back home. The kids want me to floor it every chance I get. Honestly the full acceleration of this thing makes me a little queasy 😄. The red is so much better in person that I ever imagined. Brighter than it looks in the app.

Thanks to everyone for the support and I hope everyone gets their cars soon. I'm sure I'll be back soon with questions.

Attachments

• IMG_9311.jpeg
    IMG_9311.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9312.jpeg
    IMG_9312.jpeg
    735.5 KB · Views: 54

Same thing happened to me. My order date and everything else matches yours except my new EDD is 7/17 - 8/14. Definitely wasn’t what I was hoping to see this morning.
I'd be curious if either of you remember your first EDD after ordering (the one that gave a date range for the first time).