Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first (and hopefully last) 2 week window today! 7/23-8/20 -> 8/2-8/16. I would be thrilled if I end up getting the car in this range. There is an order on the delivery subreddit that is 100% identical to mine (same config, delivery location) ordered 5 days earlier, and they got a 2 week window of 7/30-8/13 a couple days ago, so I am eagerly watching out for any changes to their order as a bellwether for mine being on track.

Curious if anyone has recently switched from LR to P, then back to LR? What did it do to your EDD?

I have no current plans to do this. I switched from LR to P once it became apparent that I was likely going to miss out on a sales tax incentive my state offers for selling my previous car. Here in AR, we have 60 days before or after the sale of a vehicle to apply that value toward the purchase of another vehicle and offset its sales tax accordingly. Having to pay the sales tax on the LR pushed its price tantalizing close to the P with no sales tax, and people who recently switched were sometimes getting matched with a car within days to a couple of weeks. But recent changes in P EDDs have me concerned that it, too, might get pushed out too far to use that incentive. Womp womp. If so, that will tack another ~$4100 onto the cost of the car and make the delta between the LR and the P maybe less worthwhile.

Just wondering if I would need to expect a ridiculously pushed out EDD if I ended up switching back. Tesla assured me over the phone yesterday that I would still get it at the price I locked when I originally ordered the car on 5/10. This actually kinda surprised me. I thought if you made *any* modifications such as color, model, etc. you get the new price. Apparently nope, I can switch back to LR and even change the color from white and I will get it at the price it would have cost on 5/10.
I switched from RWD to LR and the EDD pulled in 3 months.

Reactions: ElectricNerd
I’m curious if the reason our EDD accelerated so quickly was due to us changing to an LR. Our EDD with the SR+ had been Sept-Oct and that changed to July the day after we changed it to the LR. We got our VIN assigned the day after that EDD change and got an appointment confirmation a week later.

Reactions: enemji
My first (and hopefully last) 2 week window today! 7/23-8/20 -> 8/2-8/16. I would be thrilled if I end up getting the car in this range. There is an order on the delivery subreddit that is 100% identical to mine (same config, delivery location) ordered 5 days earlier, and they got a 2 week window of 7/30-8/13 a couple days ago, so I am eagerly watching out for any changes to their order as a bellwether for mine being on track.
But no vin yet right? I think my new focus is on vin and how long from vin to delivery. I’m 2 months in so now I’m starting to get excited

Texted my SA and got a timely response this time around. I was curious about timing of my car since it was just made but has to travel by rail to Chicago IL. ETA is 7/23 and they allow 3 days for their team to prep all cars. He went ahead and set me up for the earliest pickup (7/26) with all this in mind and reiterated they will update me if its available early or delayed.

For anyone else trying to cut back on their EDD checking: if you are using chrome download the Distill Web Monitor extension, and set it up to auto-refresh and check your EDD/VIN. You can set it up to monitor specific parts of a page (ie the edd, and place for the vin in the source code) and it will notify you upon any changes. I set it to update once an hour to check the EDD (even though updates only really ever come twice a day), now that a VIN is possible I am going to set it up to also watch for a VIN every 10 minutes. It will basically take the crazy from you and do it itself!

Awaiting my new car, I text and call but no one ever replies. Simple delivery questions. From my point of view they just not care. Such a red flag. Just about to cancel the car sadly. I was so excited but that joy has sooted into worries. How do you guys handle being treated this way with a hundred grand on the line. What am I missing?

I am located in Durham, NC. Assuming color doesn't make any difference, my OD is 03/17 and got a EDD push back to 08/03-08/17 from 07/23-08/06. EDDs for the east coast folks are darn undependable I guess.

I’m curious if the reason our EDD accelerated so quickly was due to us changing to an LR. Our EDD with the SR+ had been Sept-Oct and that changed to July the day after we changed it to the LR. We got our VIN assigned the day after that EDD change and got an appointment confirmation a week later.
Yes absolutely. The wait for RWD/SR+ is much longer and original order date is the biggest factor in how they fill orders after the trim level.

They are filling late March to early April LR orders now so if your original RWD order date was much before that the system thinks you have an outstanding LR order from January (or whatever it was) will try to assign you a VIN ASAP.

Aside from floor mats and a rubber insert for the comically large cupholders, I don't think I will be buying anything else, at least until I have owned the car for a bit.
Which cupholder insert did you get? I've been browsing amazon but can't find one that fits the cupholder well - most seem too small and I want the kind that have the added "bumpers" inside the cupholder to hold smaller cups.
Prime day claimed a bit of my money as well towards some accessories.
What did you order? I ordered a trunk mat for about $45, down from about $60.

Also, for what it's worth, Taptes is running a 10% off promo on their website for prime day if you use code "taptestesla1" (just received an email from them about it).

Reactions: IWRBR
Which cupholder insert did you get? I've been browsing amazon but can't find one that fits the cupholder well - most seem too small and I want the kind that have the added "bumpers" inside the cupholder to hold smaller cups.

What did you order? I ordered a trunk mat for about $45, down from about $60.
Screen protector, mud flaps (from tesbros, they are local to me and also having a “prime day” sale), center console inserts, and a folding “desk” made for the model 3. I drive 150-300 miles a day and work primarily out of my car.

Reactions: IWRBR
For anyone else trying to cut back on their EDD checking: if you are using chrome download the Distill Web Monitor extension, and set it up to auto-refresh and check your EDD/VIN. You can set it up to monitor specific parts of a page (ie the edd, and place for the vin in the source code) and it will notify you upon any changes. I set it to update once an hour to check the EDD (even though updates only really ever come twice a day), now that a VIN is possible I am going to set it up to also watch for a VIN every 10 minutes. It will basically take the crazy from you and do it itself!
Great! Basically you let the secret out so now everyone will start to see all of the EDD changes they wouldn't have ever even known occurred when they weren't checking all the time. I think we're going to see a lot more EDD changes below people's signatures 🤣🤣🤣