Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up at the Lisle location (Chicago suburb). Not sure when your OD was, but I rejected a VIN early June since it had premium headlights, which then made the decision easy to put it on hold for the EV rebate.
Funny how these things work. About an hr after I posted, I got the text to schedule my pickup. Got it for Friday at noon. So excited I can’t wait. Picking up in Chicago at the west grand location.

View attachment 830495
I still haven’t picked a name out but I know it’s a she. Couldn’t have been happier with my delivery. It was quick and easy. And the service center rep that stayed late for me. I got stuck in a meeting longer than I anticipated and then got stuck in traffic on my way to the Fife Service center. What should’ve been a 5PM pickup turned into a 6PM pickup. I was the last one of the day and everyone else had already left. Everything was perfect on the car. Great fit and finish, Matrix lights, Ryzen chip, Hancock Kinergy Tires. Speedy as all can be. Took my mom for a quick drive and she was blown away by the acceleration. We plan on taking her Audi S7 and my model 3 to a back road now and seeing who’s quicker. I think you all have a good idea of who might win ;) haha! While that wait is rough and we all go through the “I just can’t do it anymore” phase. It is 100000% worth it. I could not be more happy with this car. Happy Graduation day to me. Hoping you all get your cars soon and have just as good an experience as I did.
Congratulations…how do you know they are matrix headlights?

Another data I would like to share.
My friend picked up his car today. Info below:

M3LR/Red/Black/Aero
Original order is for M3SR on 2/13/22
Switched his order to M3LR on 6/24/22
Vin assigned: 7/16/22
Delivered today, 7/20/22
Vin: 305XXX
Car has matrix headlights and charger included.

For people in california, $2000 CVRP rebate still applies to his order because his purchase agreement still says the original order date when he ordered the SR and not when he switched to long range.

How can you tell premium headlights vs matrix? Is there a visual clue? How can you spot which is premium vs matrix?
From the exterior it’s easy to see by the projector lenses. I’ll attach a link to a video with a more in depth breakdown, but if you want a visual comparison on the car go look at the configurator on teslas website and compare the model y long range and performance. The MYLR has the old premium lights and the MYP has the matrix.

Another data I would like to share.
My friend picked up his car today. Info below:

M3LR/Red/Black/Aero
Original order is for M3SR on 2/13/22
Switched his order to M3LR on 6/24/22
Vin assigned: 7/16/22
Delivered today, 7/20/22
Vin: 305XXX
Car has matrix headlights and charger included.

For people in california, $2000 CVRP rebate still applies to his order because his purchase agreement still says the original order date when he ordered the SR and not when he switched to long range.
Loving more confirmation that my 305xxx vin should have matrix! Congrats to your friend!

Reactions: IWRBR and Oln08
How can you tell premium headlights vs matrix? Is there a visual clue? How can you spot which is premium vs matrix?
Here's what the two types of headlamps look like. The one on the left is the matrix headlamp. It can be easily spotted because it has an "eyeball" on the outside edge of the lamp.

New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg

Here's a video showing the sort of things that matrix headlamps are designed to do. It's a brief, to the point video but it's idealized. Here's a practical application of it in the Polestar 2. I've linked to the point where the headlamps are both steering to light up around a curve in the road as well as masking out the light so that it doesn't glare in the face of an oncoming car. Feel free to hunt around in the video for other examples.

From the exterior it’s easy to see by the projector lenses. I’ll attach a link to a video with a more in depth breakdown, but if you want a visual comparison on the car go look at the configurator on teslas website and compare the model y long range and performance. The MYLR has the old premium lights and the MYP has the matrix.

Thanks!

Reactions: Originalando

Thanks!

Reactions: Originalando