Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Competition will be increasing big time for Tesla in the Model 3 segment going forward. Practically every automaker has one or more vehicles coming out in that segment. It's something Tesla has no choice but to do to be as competitive as possible. If the competition is eligible for the tax credit, and say hypothetically the Tesla was not, it's a no-brainer what buyers will buy - whatever they can get with the tax credit. So Tesla cuts their price to make them eligible as well.
So the thing is Tesla is literally years ahead of the other makers right now. I still think people would go for Tesla without the credit.

I thought for a moment the same thing about the '22 LR low mileage car values going through the roof. But I doubt it now. Why would people pay an enormous premium when they can eventually order a brand new one and get it out-the-door for less than 50 grand, with the tax credit. I think people will now probably wait it out.
Right now or soon you own a car that is in high demand AND literally cannot be bought. Even when the books reopen the wait time will be astronomical. Likely soon you will see a lot of very new LRs going on the market for 70-80k. People who have a reliable car and are getting a LR are just gonna buy it park and sell it for a cool easy profit

Right now or soon you own a car that is in high demand AND literally cannot be bought. Even when the books reopen the wait time will be astronomical. Likely soon you will see a lot of very new LRs going on the market for 70-80k. People who have a reliable car and are getting a LR are just gonna buy it park and sell it for a cool easy profit
I take delivery in about 2 weeks, so I hope you're right. I have a BMW that I'm keeping, so it's no issue for me to keep my mileage ultra low on the Tesla. Not sure if people will pay the premium when they can still buy a SR or P, but time will tell!

Reactions: ZZ118
So the thing is Tesla is literally years ahead of the other makers right now. I still think people would go for Tesla without the credit.
You cannot just stay complacent and hope your potential customers will stick around when your competition suddenly receives $7500 discount. Yes Tesla is obviously ahead of others, but they will not just sit by in this situation. Most likely they will reconfig the LR to qualify with some "optional" software update packages

You cannot just stay complacent and hope your potential customers will stick around when your competition suddenly receives $7500 discount. Yes Tesla is obviously ahead of others, but they will not just sit by in this situation. Most likely they will reconfig the LR to qualify with some "optional" software update packages
I am not 100% informed but I'd assume the number of cars that qualify for this credit are very slim and then I'd assume sub 50k cars from other makers are likely very inferior to the Tesla. It's going to be hard to find a EV sub 55k with American parts. Tesla isn't complacent they keep updating and pushing the head start they have

I agree. This is a rapidly changing segment. One year from now, things will look tremendously different on the competition front. Yes Tesla has had a head start and they took advantage of it for years, but that is now changing my friends.

Hopefully Tesla learned from Netflix.

Reactions: ZZ118
Likely stopping LR orders right after the house vote is a double move. Tesla has a backlog and they want to clear it and they're also using this as an opportunity to evaluate their options to adjust price. I'm just saying I wouldn't hang my hat on them releasing the LR at a lower point unless they seriously carve out currently standard features at risk of diluting the brand

Reactions: JB47394
I agree. This is a rapidly changing segment. One year from now, things will look tremendously different on the competition front. Yes Tesla has had a head start and they took advantage of it for years, but that is now changing my friends.
This reminds me of when Apple made iPhone 1. At that time you either bought a iPhone or you didn't have a smart phone. Even now in the USA it's really only samsung or apple. People who bought apple back then became ingrained in the ecosystem which makes it very hard to switch. Apple has become complacint recently but they are still one of the largest companies in the world and have a huge market share with limited competition.

You will see a lot of car companies go under in the next 10 years. They are the ones who are already far behind and will be unable to scale up. Assuming these legacy car makers will be around forever is a bad idea

FYI I own a Samsung lol

This buying experience is INFURIATING

My credit union took a little too long getting my stuff in order, and now it's the weekend so they won't be able to fund my loan until Monday at the earliest. My delivery window, which came 3 weeks earlier than Tesla's EDD was from 12-14. Tesla is saying they cannot hold a car for more than 3 days. How asinine. I even paid 30k already through Plaid, and signed a contract with my CU with that VIN registered on it. So what, Tesla thinks the best solution here, is to assign the car to someone else and sell it 1 day sooner at the most? They better ****ing call me back and say they can hold the car that I have paid for.

This is why I was weary about getting the loan approval cause I knew something like this could happen. 😢

Well at least I avoided that... Probably won't do the actual loan application until I actually get my vin now.
If it's anything like my experience, you should get the application started before the VIN, maybe once you hit the 2 week window. If you wait until the VIN, and then they slap you with a delivery time frame of less than 1 week from that day, you may not be able to get the loan approved and funded in time.

My credit union took a little too long getting my stuff in order, and now it's the weekend so they won't be able to fund my loan until Monday at the earliest. My delivery window, which came 3 weeks earlier than Tesla's EDD was from 12-14. Tesla is saying they cannot hold a car for more than 3 days. How asinine. I even paid 30k already through Plaid, and signed a contract with my CU with that VIN registered on it. So what, Tesla thinks the best solution here, is to assign the car to someone else and sell it 1 day sooner at the most? They better ****ing call me back and say they can hold the car that I have paid for.

If it's anything like my experience, you should get the application started before the VIN, maybe once you hit the 2 week window. If you wait until the VIN, and then they slap you with a delivery time frame of less than 1 week from that day, you may not be able to get the loan approved and funded in time.
I'd call them back. I have done this 3 times, they extended my pick up date 3 days after the 3 day window. They should consider that the early delivery messed up the timeline funding your loan. Good Luck!

$70-80K? They can have my LR! 🤪 Screenshot_20220812-173300_Tesla.jpg

As far as I know...and a friend got a recent VIN, the center USB ports do not have data capability.

I suppose it depends on what Tesla did between construction and delivery. Our custom order for a “P car” had about 12 miles but looking at the odometer it had 7 miles. Personally, I wouldn’t be concerned.

If you get a “passed” on vehicle just check. I doubt it would be an issue. If it had anything over 50 miles I would be suspect and ask a question.
Thanks! 15 miles appear to be a standard number they put on the MVPA. Will only get to see the real mileage once I get my hand on the car.

My two cents here: I faced a similar situation with credit unions in Seattle. A possible solution would be to (1) lock in the rate with your credit union. Most credit unions will hold the rate for you for a period of at least 30 days. (2) Finance from tesla. This is pretty quick and you get a conditional approval the same day (3) Take the delivery of the car using tesla finance and refinance with your credit union later.