Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the MSM LR today. Everything looks great, only got 14 miles on it but feels more planted on the road (heavier) that my M3 SR+. A little quieter, sound system is definitely more immersive, and it’s definitely faster :)

Matrix / global headlights, Michelin tires.
Vin: 32xxxx
(order date April 4th, north TX)

Fun to have the 2020 SR+ in the garage with this new LR for the next week or so to compare until I finish the sale of the SR+.
Congrats. I thought the Matrix headlights were the ones without the spherical light, do I have it the other way around?

what is HW4? Thanks
The next generation of compute hardware for full self driving. We're currently on Hardware 3. Troy Teslike is of the opinion that Hardware 3 will provide Level 3 autonomy while Hardware 4 will tackle Level 4 and 5 autonomy. The last I heard, the new hardware was intended for first use in the Cybertruck.

I hate to be this guy (again) but for everyone who ordered in late June/ or July these are YOUR edd dates. Unless someone cancels you're not going to get the car in a month turn around time. The average wait time right now is 4 months minimum. The only exception is sometimes end of the quarter California gets quick turnaround as orders fall thru and next in line gets called. If you are in Cali you may luck out next month. The system never should have been giving you two week edd's in august. I'm not trying to be mean I'm just trying to tell you that you will likely not get a car until October-November at the earliest.

The final thing I'll say is a few months before I ordered (in April) so around January-February these cars were turning around within a few weeks time. There was a huge surge the day after superbowl that pushed the wait time to around 3 months. Now it has extended to 4-5 months for april-may orders. It is likely getting even longer for June- July orders.

Goodluck be patient and now be happy you will soon own a car that NOONE else can currently buy :)

OFFICIALY geeking out!!!!

It is hard for me to read a manual and then work something without having a practiced or had an actual device to use. From aircraft to vehicles, I am a hands on and visual learner. With that being said....

HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP!!!!! This audio system is really nice! I wasn’t so certain on the different radio/streaming options but I have put it through its paces and everything I ask it to play it does!!!!! I asked obscure stuff from the 70’s and 80’s when I grew up...from “the Dead Milkmen” ”Rush” “Yngwie Malmsteen”......I simply can’t stump the voice questions to play songs. ”Buckingham Nicks”, took a couple tries but nailed it for their album.

Still figuring profiles out but getting there with random tunes playing from all decades!

Oh....after my detailing and putting in our accessories, went for a quick trip to pick up some local brew! I stopped at our road and nailed the pedal....
wife was not ready for that instant acceleration. Super fun and I know that will not get old. Still can’t find an option for acceleration boost. Not that it needs it but is it gone?

OFFICIALY geeking out!!!!

It is hard for me to read a manual and then work something without having a practiced or had an actual device to use. From aircraft to vehicles, I am a hands on and visual learner. With that being said....

HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP!!!!! This audio system is really nice! I wasn’t so certain on the different radio/streaming options but I have put it through its paces and everything I ask it to play it does!!!!! I asked obscure stuff from the 70’s and 80’s when I grew up...from “the Dead Milkmen” ”Rush” “Yngwie Malmsteen”......I simply can’t stump the voice questions to play songs. ”Buckingham Nicks”, took a couple tries but nailed it for their album.

Still figuring profiles out but getting there with random tunes playing from all decades!

Oh....after my detailing and putting in our accessories, went for a quick trip to pick up some local brew! I stopped at our road and nailed the pedal....
wife was not ready for that instant acceleration. Super fun and I know that will not get old. Still can’t find an option for acceleration boost. Not that it needs it but is it gone?
it should be in the app under upgrades I believe? But I don't have the car yet so idk 100%

I hate to be this guy (again) but for everyone who ordered in late June/ or July these are YOUR edd dates. Unless someone cancels you're not going to get the car in a month turn around time. The average wait time right now is 4 months minimum. The only exception is sometimes end of the quarter California gets quick turnaround as orders fall thru and next in line gets called. If you are in Cali you may luck out next month. The system never should have been giving you two week edd's in august. I'm not trying to be mean I'm just trying to tell you that you will likely not get a car until October-November at the earliest.

The final thing I'll say is a few months before I ordered (in April) so around January-February these cars were turning around within a few weeks time. There was a huge surge the day after superbowl that pushed the wait time to around 3 months. Now it has extended to 4-5 months for april-may orders. It is likely getting even longer for June- July orders.

Goodluck be patient and now be happy you will soon own a car that NOONE else can currently buy :)
Oh I’m aware that it’ll take 3-4 months at least. It’s just that the EDD of April 2023 gives me major anxiety. I’ve never actually had an EDD date earlier than November as you can see on my dog. I’m just hoping my date changes back to THIS year at least lol. Gives me some sense of hope

Reactions: ZZ118
Oh I’m aware that it’ll take 3-4 months at least. It’s just that the EDD of April 2023 gives me major anxiety. I’ve never actually had an EDD date earlier than November as you can see on my dog. I’m just hoping my date changes back to THIS year at least lol. Gives me some sense of hope
Given your a Cali order I predict November to December for you. Unless you get a vehicle that falls thru next month.

My post wasn't directed at any one person in particular it was just an FYI for all the new guys coming in

It's there though right lol I'm making it a day 1 purchase
DON’T yet! Wait a bit and just drive your car around for a week or so. I think you will be surprised! I’m a “petrolhead“ and a Porsche fan.....but trust me you will love the car as is. Drive it and see.

With that being said the acceleration boost might just be the least inexpensive way to gain even more smiles 😉

Reactions: ZZ118

Attachments

• 72F7BDFF-1789-4ACF-A76E-B313A725A413.jpeg
    72F7BDFF-1789-4ACF-A76E-B313A725A413.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited: