Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well we finally made it back to Thunder Bay and wow we love this car. Car was immaculate, no issues at all when we picked it up. Dealer had it cooling for us and gave us as much time as we wanted to look it over before signing the delivery papers. 1400km drive over two days was a dream and wow this car is fast! Absolutely loved everything about it. Even the Northern Ontario Super Charger network was pretty great, good speeds everywhere we stopped.

Only issue...200km into the trip we got hit with a rock and have a golf-size chip in the centre of the windshield 🤬

Got home, plugged it into the Wall Charger and am getting a nice 78km/hr on the 48A charge 😁
Too bad about the stone chip but at least that can be fixed.

How does the acceleration compare pre vs post Acceleration Boost?
You definitely notice a difference! I didn’t get a confirmation that the update went through so I wasn’t sure if it installed or not so I took it out for a little drive and bam! There was no question at all that the update worked. However it’s not cheap and the car already is super fast so its not the most rational thing to do as far as $$ goes.

One other thing I noticed is that it’s really hard to start smoothly with AB bc the car just wants to take off. This is probably the only downside is that you have to be VERY gentle with the throttle or it will give you a little whip every time you go. I switched to “Chill” mode bc it’s a lot more forgiving when you step on the “gas”. I never thought I would use chill mode but I actually can see good reason for switching between chill and sport now that I’ve driven the car for a bit.

I finally took delivery of my car yesterday. Other than a 4 hour delay from the original scheduled time due to the truck car-carrier having a blown tire everything else went smooth. Since I got dropped off I had to wait around but it wasn't that bad and I got a chance to talk to some of the other people picking up their cars which was fun. My SA was extremely nice and I could tell he felt bad about the delay and checked in with me from time to time with updates. They said they've been doing around 45 deliveries a day which seems like a lot but they had everything moving pretty well.

As far as the car goes it had everything I was hoping for and I mean everything!! No major defects either which was a huge relief since I was expecting the worst after reading some of the experiences people on this forum have had. The top 3 things below are the things I wasn't sure if it would have but it did. All of the other things were expected but still glad to see first hand.
  • Michelin tires
  • Mobile charger w/15A plug and J1772 connector
  • Matrix headlights
  • License plate frame (I don't like chrome so not going to use theirs)
  • heated everything: outside mirrors, steering wheel, seats, charge port, etc
  • auto dimming side and rear view mirrors
  • CCS1 compatible, Ryzen chip, and all the other refresh stuff
After I picked it up I spent a few hours putting in all the accessories, taking off the aero covers, mud flaps, etc. There were 2 software updates so I did those as well. I also bought acceleration boost and good god that is crazy fast, totally insane!! All in all I'm extremely happy and it really is an amazing vehicle that is so far ahead of anything else out there imo. Can't wait till next weekend when I'm taking it on a road trip to visit my daughter in college.

View attachment 843449
🤩 Congrats! Looking good!! Enjoy the ride!

Reactions: IWRBR
Tesla finance max term is 72 months?
Yup.
Screenshot_2022-08-21-19-38-23-02_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg