Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just confirmed with my SA my car has the matrix headlights! I asked about the mobile charger also but they just based the answer off the date of when the car was ordered. Guess I just have to get super lucky to have it in the trunk!
Unless it depends on where in the continent you are getting your car delivered to I ordered my car July 4 and had the mobile charger on delivery (so thats almost 5 weeks after you ordered yours). I'm pretty sure you'll have one sitting in the trunk waiting for you.

Still don't understand how I don't have a VIN and people in June are getting one. The problem is now I'm probably not going to get an included charger with my car even though I was before the deadline and also now apparently no more license plate frame. This is such a frustrating way of conducting business on Tesla's part. It's also really unfair as they said all cars before 4/28 got the charger but then they just said screw it and threw it in any car they made regardless of date. Now that well has run dry and all I'm going to get is a voucher for something that is likely sold out for months. I really think the EAP screwed up my order, definitely would not have done that in hindsight. I see people one other sites with black/black getting vins who ordered after me. Would recommend to anyone who is thinking of adding EAP or FSD while waiting for delivery to not do so until they already have the car.
You qualify for Mobile Connector and it should be listed on your Monroney sticker (assuming they didn’t actually lose your car and you ever get a VIN). Even if you get a $200 voucher, I presume there will be tax & shipping charges to order it which is added cost and people are seemingly waiting for months to get it. If you don’t get one included I would suggest you demand they give one to you at delivery. On the plus side, your 2 week window hasn’t changed for a couple weeks now so hopefully you will get that VIN soon.

Reactions: gators918 and ZZ118
Crazy that your OD is after mine but you have an earlier EDD window (mine just updated this weekend to 9/11-10/9). I assume it's your paint and wheel choices that got you the bump, I went free & free on the color and wheels, lol
Yea, I at first had the MSM till I saw pictures of the red had to swap. Idk why I chose 19" wheels, I was thinking about changing the other day but rather not risk any delay.

So out of the blue, I received a text message to schedule delivery. I checked and I saw VIN was added to the application. Order date was 27th of May and delivery scheduled for Thursday in Calgary, AB.

The last EDD I saw was August 25 - September 5.
Details on the m3 you ordered ? first 3 digits of the last 6?

Let us know if you get the mobile connector!

Congrats!

Reactions: Fire0897
You qualify for Mobile Connector and it should be listed on your Monroney sticker (assuming they didn’t actually lose your car and you ever get a VIN). Even if you get a $200 voucher, I presume there will be tax & shipping charges to order it which is added cost and people are seemingly waiting for months to get it. If you don’t get one included I would suggest you demand they give one to you at delivery. On the plus side, your 2 week window hasn’t changed for a couple weeks now so hopefully you will get that VIN soon.
Went thru my purchase agreements just to see if I was missing anything. I just noticed that originally it said my order was placed on 4/23/22 but when I added EAP it says new order placed 6/23/22. Now I'm wondering if Tesla is seeing my order as a June order instead of April. I'm going to try and talk to someone tomorrow about this but has anyone who updated their car while awaiting delivery noticed this before?

Anyone's mobile connector (with the 14-50 adapter) shipped yet? I ordered mine when I ordered the car (5/23) and was promised an August shipment date and my credit card was charged immediately, but it still has not shipped. With the amount of people who are receiving the mobile connector with their cars or getting a credit to order it, I'm tempted to cancel my standalone order and get a refund. Thoughts?
I ordered the mobile connector with the 14-50 on 8/15/22 and received it already. I suggest that you cancel and reorder it.

Reactions: phaheem
YES!.....ours is not painted!

View attachment 843883
The front door is not painted on the driver side. Not a huge issue but wanted to bring it up.

Passenger is a bit better with a bit more coverage.

Just something to note
Mine is also like that on both fenders. Elon did a study and found that most customers do not use the inside of their fenders, so why paint them!

Mine is also like that on both fenders. Elon did a study and found that most customers do not use the inside of their fenders, so why paint them!
Rust protection. Generally, a car should have primer, base coat, and clear coat to protect the car's bare metal from getting rusted out due to moisture, salt, etc. Water and salt will find its way into the door jams someway, and if its not painted properly, it could be an issue years down the road.

Reactions: Minotaur
Heads up for those with OD before 7/20 and you got your VIN recently. Take a look at your MVPA in Connectivity section. Mine says: “Standard Connectivity is included in your Vehicle, at no additional cost, for eight (8) years beginning on the first day your Vehicle was delivered as new by Tesla, or the first day it is put into service”.

Per Tesla Connectivity page, it states: “All new Tesla vehicles ordered on or before July 20, 2022, will have Standard Connectivity features at no cost for the lifetime of the vehicle”.

I asked my SA and he didn’t know why MVPA is saying this, but sent an email to HQ about it and said he’d let me know. Still haven’t heard back. My concern is that if the MVPA is a binding contract, then this is not correct.

Not a concern if you don’t plan to keep car for 8 years, or you will be using Premium Connectivity instead.

• Informative
Reactions: deuskid and phaheem
Heads up for those with OD before 7/20 and you got your VIN recently. Take a look at your MVPA in Connectivity section. Mine says: “Standard Connectivity is included in your Vehicle, at no additional cost, for eight (8) years beginning on the first day your Vehicle was delivered as new by Tesla, or the first day it is put into service”.

Per Tesla Connectivity page, it states: “All new Tesla vehicles ordered on or before July 20, 2022, will have Standard Connectivity features at no cost for the lifetime of the vehicle”.

I asked my SA and he didn’t know why MVPA is saying this, but sent an email to HQ about it and said he’d let me know. Still haven’t heard back. My concern is that if the MVPA is a binding contract, then this is not correct.

Not a concern if you don’t plan to keep car for 8 years, or you will be using Premium Connectivity instead.
Tesla is supposed to have this 8yr rule starting with orders on 7/20 and beyond. So yeah, it should be a glitch for you.

Reactions: Minotaur
I really don't even need this car but I bought it as a YOLO item since I don't really spend money on anything and I want to support Tesla and I want one so bad.
Pretty much my reasons for buying as well. Been driving my 2004 Pontiac Vibe for 18 years and it was time for a change. I only average 5K miles/year so an M3 was probably overkill, but after test drive I was hooked.

I plan to drive the M3 for the next 18 years, or until I decide I want an MY instead.

Reactions: jpaychek and guerro
Tesla is supposed to have this 8yr rule starting with orders on 7/20 and beyond. So yeah, it should be a glitch for you.

Not sure where you are seeing this. My understanding and the Tesla page was that this is going to be a retroactive change.
Looking at that page you sourced they contradict themselves as well because at first they say 7/22 then they cite the exact same thing I cited below. I don't think people are getting grandfathered in on this.

Per tesla

All Tesla vehicles come with access to Standard Connectivity. Standard Connectivity is included in your vehicle, at no additional cost, for eight years beginning on the first day your vehicle was delivered as new by Tesla, or the first day it is put into service (for example used as a demonstrator or service vehicle), whichever comes first. If you are purchasing a used vehicle, you will be notified of how long your vehicle will include access to Standard Connectivity. With Standard Connectivity, you have access to most connectivity features over Wi-Fi, in addition to basic maps and navigation and music streaming over Bluetooth®.

Reactions: Cho22
Went thru my purchase agreements just to see if I was missing anything. I just noticed that originally it said my order was placed on 4/23/22 but when I added EAP it says new order placed 6/23/22. Now I'm wondering if Tesla is seeing my order as a June order instead of April. I'm going to try and talk to someone tomorrow about this but has anyone who updated their car while awaiting delivery noticed this before?
I made many changes on my order right up to 2 weeks before my vin. I noticed after one of my changes that the date on the order agreement changed to the date that I made the change. On future changes it reverted back to my original order date. Snag in the system. Why not try removing EAP and see what happens?

Reactions: ZZ118
Not sure where you are seeing this. My understanding and the Tesla page was that this is going to be a retroactive change.
Looking at that page you sourced they contradict themselves as well because at first they say 7/22 then they cite the exact same thing I cited below. I don't think people are getting grandfathered in on this.

Per tesla

All Tesla vehicles come with access to Standard Connectivity. Standard Connectivity is included in your vehicle, at no additional cost, for eight years beginning on the first day your vehicle was delivered as new by Tesla, or the first day it is put into service (for example used as a demonstrator or service vehicle), whichever comes first. If you are purchasing a used vehicle, you will be notified of how long your vehicle will include access to Standard Connectivity. With Standard Connectivity, you have access to most connectivity features over Wi-Fi, in addition to basic maps and navigation and music streaming over Bluetooth®.
This is interesting. I wonder if this has anything to do with the transition away from LTE to 5G (ie. they can’t guarantee access in 8 years because there’s a chance they may turn off LTE like they did 3G when they made the transition).

I made many changes on my order right up to 2 weeks before my vin. I noticed after one of my changes that the date on the order agreement changed to the date that I made the change. On future changes it reverted back to my original order date. Snag in the system. Why not try removing EAP and see what happens?
I'm worried about making any changes right now and messing up my order further. But I will reach out to them first to see if there is anything that can be done. I'm glad though that I'm not the only one who has seen this issue before

Reactions: Andrometer4