Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN! First time Tesla buyer!
Ordered 5/8/2023
Got my VIN 5/31/2023
Estimated delivery date range June 12th - 19th
Blue M3 LR AWD
I got a pickup date of June 12th! I wonder if it will be the $7.500 tax rebate version. There seems to be some confusion over this. It even lists on the website that the $7,500 rebate applies to cars in stock so if that's the case, it must have been a rule change, not a physical change.

Has anyone yet cracked the riddle as to why people ordering in May (since ordering was reopened) are taking or at least being schedule for delivery earlier than those who ordered back in January (like myself, example)?
I have no idea but did you talk to the agent who made the reservation for you ? When you made the reservation, you received a text message from Tesla. If you reply to that one, you'll always have an agent who will answer to your questions regarding your reservation. At least, this is what I did.

Has anyone yet cracked the riddle as to why people ordering in May (since ordering was reopened) are taking or at least being schedule for delivery earlier than those who ordered back in January (like myself, example)?
I've always heard people further east get prioritized to ensure delivery by end of quarter. I'm in WA state so maybe that's why I'm at the back of the line? Maybe color choice too?

I've heard the same about being out East...though in my case I'm in Massachusetts, so seems to not apply.

Went with BLue/White...think I saw someone else with blue getting it later in the month, so that might mean something.
Nice choice! So maybe color plays a bigger part than location. I have to wonder if the huge influx of new orders might affect our build dates too, now that all 3s can qualify for the full US federal tax credit.

Edit: I will say that when I was looking to buy my configuration from inventory in January, I did not once see it come up. I checked inventory history and that combination had only come up once within 200 miles of me. There was a ridiculous amount of the MSM and white though. Other colors were most often paired with the 19" rims. So it could be our configurations just aren't made very often.

Last edited:
Reactions: King David
Got VIN and app showed up as appointment June 17….the one weekend I’m gone! Reached out to the Number that texted me the 7500 was available and the response was “we will have to reach out to management to see if they will hold it for you”

no choices on pickup we’re ever given. This normal?