Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla have asked me to collect my new Model 3 on June 30th, i have asked to push it out and they are not agreeable. Is it because the new model is being released. I am not under pressure for the car so feel I should wait for the new model, am I foolish to buy the old model at the end of the line.

It's more likely because the company wants the transaction to occur in the current Financial Quarter.

No, you aren't foolish to wait- it's your money you should get what you want. That said, though you aren't in a rush for the vehicle, there is no way of knowing how long you will be waiting. Also, if it's more expensive I could see them finding a loophole not honoring your current price

I ordered back in January and originally thought I'd be getting it in March or April, and I'm finally picking it up this Tuesday, 6/20. I did consider canceling and reordering once the refresh became more "real", but there are still too many unknowns for me to be able to validate dragging it out.

Reactions: Diceroller
Tesla have asked me to collect my new Model 3 on June 30th, i have asked to push it out and they are not agreeable. Is it because the new model is being released. I am not under pressure for the car so feel I should wait for the new model, am I foolish to buy the old model at the end of the line.

I don't think its foolish to buy and old model when the new model other than aesthetics and a couple of features will pretty much be the same.

If anything the "old" model should have all kinks worked out and give you less issues during ownership.

I don't think its foolish to buy and old model when the new model other than aesthetics and a couple of features will pretty much be the same.

If anything the "old" model should have all kinks worked out and give you less issues during ownership.
And to top this off, I will be replacing my current 3 to the new anyways. It’s not like I’m keeping this forever. The current government incentives was an easy choice. Meanwhile if you don’t get any incentives on your end and you want to keep your car longer, the refresh might be of a concern and I get it. New ones tends to have longer wait and if you’re cool with that go for the refresh one.

You can reject delivery, but who knows when you will get your car and if it will have these upgrades you want. You may have to wait until 2024, if that is OK with you then go for it.

How does on tell if the cameras are hw4? I doubt it looks like all the other ones…however the 200 mile drive home the cameras worked great when changing lanes and the “park assist” or whatever they call it with the ldistance around the car while pulling into the carport was spot on. (Jackson, MS pickup)

Does it have HW 4? Where did you pickup?
No, it’s old cameras
But, they works so good, much better than ACC in VW pr BMW (it seems to me)

Attachments

• IMG_5821.jpeg
    IMG_5821.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_5822.jpeg
    IMG_5822.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 74
How does on tell if the cameras are hw4? I doubt it looks like all the other ones…however the 200 mile drive home the cameras worked great when changing lanes and the “park assist” or whatever they call it with the ldistance around the car while pulling into the carport was spot on. (Jackson, MS pickup)
From what I have seen online, you can tell the new cameras by a red lens.

I had a 2021 M3 LR, but unfortunately got into a bad accident. Someone hit me and the car was deemed a total loss by insurance. So the insurance company paid me out. The amount they gave me was more than a brand new one so I bought a 2023 M3 LR inventory car. This time I got red. Im from Toronto, Canada so my build was made in Shanghai. Build quality is better than my 2021. Panelling is perfect, and just seems more well put together. I was kinda pissed because my 2021 model got 567KM and this new one is only 534KM. Instead of the Panasonic battery I now have the LG. At least I have a new car again under warranty. My previous car had 42,000KM on it.