Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR not currently available to order (USA) [posted 08.12.2022 --Its back! 05.02.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that the M3 order page now shows expected delivery times of June - July for all three trims. Didn't the RWD and P show a one month window for the past several months? Makes me wonder if there is indeed an upcoming production pause for a refresh/HW4/anything else they aren't going to tell us about in advance.
I doubt they will pause completely. It is more Tesla's style to feed in the new parts as they arrive on the factory floor and can be integrated into the production lines. They don't believe in model years or configuration designations defining what features are available in a vehicle.

How's the car doing ?

I absolutely love it. It's a pleasure to drive. I previously owned a Model S and prefer the Model 3 for daily driving. It's more nimble and easy to navigate in parking lots.

I got the windows tinted today. This will help with the Arizona sun. I previously installed the Tesla wall charger in my garage. I also signed up for the EV plan with my local electric provider. I charge overnight at a rate of 6.87 cents per kWh. I was doing some math and realized it will cost me around $200 annually to drive 12,000 miles.

I'm semi-retiring next month so no more work commuting. I was doing some research on this forum as it relates to minimizing battery degradation. I set my daily charge limit to 55%. It provides a little less than 200 miles which is plenty for me. I increase it if we are going out of town.

Thanks for asking.

@sonoransky
I got mine too just this afternoon ! It’s so … normal to drive it !
I’ll also charge it to 80% because I don’t need much range during daily driving.
It didn't have any body problems, was perfect. One little rattle on the front passenger door when driving over a bumpy road, I already scheduled for service.
All in all, I love my Tesla !

@sonoransky
I got mine too just this afternoon ! It’s so … normal to drive it !
I’ll also charge it to 80% because I don’t need much range during daily driving.
It didn't have any body problems, was perfect. One little rattle on the front passenger door when driving over a bumpy road, I already scheduled for service.
All in all, I love my Tesla !
I had a static sound on the passenger side interior. I sent the service request on the app around noon and the Tesla service tech was fixing the problem in my garage a few hours later. The speaker was grounding out to the car causing the static. He fixed the problem within about 15 minutes.

I just checked using Tessie and discovered the usable capacity of the battery is 77.2 kWh
I thought it was 75 kWh
IMG_1979.png

Reactions: travis3000
So I got me new Model 3 Long Range, I am loving it so far, there were no problems that I have found so far except the steering wheels seems to not be aligned, but there are no other signs of tire misalignment. So I was not going to put in for service for it until I had my first tire rotation. Unless you think I should have it checked very soon. I was going to keep an eye on the tires for uneven wear as well. The service center is quite far from me is why I was going to wait, and like I said nothing seems off about the alignment. All the panels and gaps all looked fine to me too. Very happy with it, and enjoy driving it very much.

I do have a few questions / comments though.

My consumption for 30 miles is 247 Wh/mi in the energy page. Does this seem normal or high? I have shown some people the acceleration 3 times so I was just check what everyone else was seeing there.

Do you plan on using sentry mode? I have seen people going both ways on here about it in different threads.

I turned off cabin over heat protection, but do you think this is a good idea? I know many people say to leave it on fan only. But if it was hot enough that fan only could not keep up with the temperature wouldn't that mean the fan is constantly running? Seems like a lot of wear on the fan. I would never accidentally leave anything in the car that would be in danger of the heat, so I thought it would be fine to turn it off.

Is anyone else having trouble with Apple Music playing after the car has been parked for a while? The only way I seem to get it to work again is to sign out of Apple Music and sign back in.

Finally, my rear camera seems to be a hardware 4 camera but all my other cameras and hardware 3. It has a much more color accurate picture and the red glow on the actual camera that people use to tell if it is HW4. I thought it very strange that just one camera is HW4.

Thanks for any information, and sorry it is so long. This is my first Tesla, so just trying to get all the information I can.

Do you plan on using sentry mode? I have seen people going both ways on here about it in different threads.
Sentry mode's main disadvantage is that it keeps the car fully turned on, which consumes probably around 300-400W (versus probably around 20-30W when off). It is one of the reasons that people complain about "why does my car lose so much remaining battery capacity / rated range while parked?".