Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR not currently available to order (USA) [posted 08.12.2022 --Its back! 05.02.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's the case, why are they still taking MYLR orders? Or does inflation somehow happen to only be affecting the M3LR but not the MYLR?
My theory on the MYLR is that Tesla may have not discontinued the ordering of it, because they can supplement production in Giga Austin and/or Overseas. Maybe not even the entire vehicle, but pieces of it. Possibly it's also because the newly released MYSR has assumed some of the backorder of the MYLR.

Huh?

It seems pretty clearly not a union-specific bill (fortunately - some of the prior bills were very much that way). It simply requires that the cars be made in America and use raw materials mostly from America and trading partners. This seems like a very good thing based on recent events. Going green is all very well, but not if it comes with leverage exerted by China via supply chains.

Time to decouple big time. Trade with friends and don’t be overly reliant on people you cannot trust.

This is a huge bill and will definitely help EV adoption.

I don't see the bill doing much for EV adoption. As written, just about zero EV's qualify - almost no one can prove their sourcing of battery materials to fit within the narrow confines of the trading partner list. The requirements get stricter over time so even if makers try to locate more local materials they're unlikely to get above the threshold before it increases again. In some cases, specific metals just don't exist in meaningful amounts within the allowed trading parter countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: pipestem and tm1v2
Overall Tesla has done very well keeping up production to meet high demand for its products even amid worldwide supply constraints. Their performance has been stellar actually compared to other vehicle manufacturers. I don’t know what origin of the current issue is, beyond the speculation in this thread, but I my feeling is that Tesla should be cut a little slack, even if it is disappointing.

Reactions: IWRBR
Everyone who keeps posting that they are trying to allocate resources to the Y, they are still making LRs. To the fremont factory nothing has changed as they have a 6+ month order list still for the LR and can only make them as fast as the currently were.

I have a reservation (OD Jun.15) for a rwd, for a moment I thought about updating it for the LR which at that time was 55,990, then it went up 2k in July I believe to 57,990.
It was bitter sweet for me. I ordered a RWD, then the day I decided I wanted to upgrade to a LR, they stopped allowing reservations for it. Then I learned about the LFP battery in the RWD and the fact that 100% charge is recommended versus 80 or 90% in the LR, so my obsessive compulsiveness rejoiced in that the RWD was right for me just off the fact that I would hate never "fully charging" my battery. And that was enough for me to be more than content with the RWD.

Then I learned about the LFP battery in the RWD and the fact that 100% charge is recommended versus 80 or 90% in the LR, so my obsessive compulsiveness rejoiced in that the RWD was right for me just off the fact that I would hate never "fully charging" my battery.
LOL... you better get over that real quick ;)

It'll likely be at 99% half the mornings you get in it. Also good luck with the fingerprints on the screen 🤪

It was bitter sweet for me. I ordered a RWD, then the day I decided I wanted to upgrade to a LR, they stopped allowing reservations for it. Then I learned about the LFP battery in the RWD and the fact that 100% charge is recommended versus 80 or 90% in the LR, so my obsessive compulsiveness rejoiced in that the RWD was right for me just off the fact that I would hate never "fully charging" my battery. And that was enough for me to be more than content with the RWD.

Don't know, it will depend on your use case. Also, I never have a full tank of gas at the end of the day in my older ICE car anyways, so I am not obsessed to be at 100% all the time :)

I am pretty happy with my M3LR and keep it always around 75% (charged overnight at home) for daily use. I only need higher initial charge levels if I go on longer road trips and even on those, thanks to Tesla's supercharger network, there is no worry of running out.