Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mud flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On one side I actually put a match wrapped in gaffer tape between the liner and the bodywork, thus fixing the liner securely. No more movement of mudflap against the external paint. The other side doesnt need it. Now much less worried about paint rub.

It looks like the quality screws that come with the mudflaps are going to rust away. These stainless steel ones are a good replacement. Buy No.10 (4.8mm) x 3/4 inch (19mm) Pozi Self Tapping Flanged Button Screws (BS 4174) - Black A2 Stainless Steel | Save 45% | Accu®
Did you ever buy any of the stainless steel screws @curmudgeon ?

I’ve looked at the link you posted but it looks like the minimum order is 100 screws, which seems to be a bit of overkill.

I wondered if you found a better source for smaller quantities?

You were quite right, of course, the screws supplied with the mud flaps are already going rusty... :rolleyes:

I’ve looked at the link you posted but it looks like the minimum order is 100 screws, which seems to be a bit of overkill.

You were quite right, of course, the screws supplied with the mud flaps are already going rusty... :rolleyes:

You can probably find a smaller quantity on eBay for the screws

Reactions: Roy W.

Oops, wrong colour, I actually bought the stainless steel ones, not the black ones, available in smaller quantities.

Buy No.10 (4.8mm) x 3/4 inch (19mm) Pozi Self Tapping Flanged Button Screws (BS 4174) - A2 Stainless Steel | Save 86% | Accu®

I then dabbed some black hammerite on the end although they wouldn't have been visible for long. Sorry for the delay in replying, have been busy !

Attachments

• IMG_20200118_142917.jpg
    IMG_20200118_142917.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20200118_142920.jpg
    IMG_20200118_142920.jpg
    784 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20200118_142933.jpg
    IMG_20200118_142933.jpg
    624.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20200118_142941.jpg
    IMG_20200118_142941.jpg
    834.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Helpful
The Rally Armor flaps look very good, but the price is absolutely crazy for what they are; some laser-cut bits of PU sheet plus some fixing brackets.

Agree they are not the best value but Tesla ownership has made me do quite a few irrational and crazy things which started with reserving a car I'd never seen, looking at web code to try and find my VIN number, looking at shipping movements.......

The Rally Armor flaps look very good, but the price is absolutely crazy for what they are; some laser-cut bits of PU sheet plus some fixing brackets.
Knowing you Jeremy you’ve probably got a home brew laser cutter, and a little foundry in one of your outbuildings. I’m sure you could knock some out for us at a reasonable price? :D