Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrek mentions

"Apparently, the Model 3 was following a BMW when both vehicles passed him. He followed and wrote:
Two cars, other was a BMW. They were driving pretty fast past me. I pulled a u-turn and followed. They switched drivers.
They could be tuning the vehicle’s driving performance, which would explain why it was following a BMW and they switched drivers."

Does anyone know what "tuning the vehicles driving performance" would entail?

It will be competing directly against whatever BMW it was. I assume 3 series.

Reactions: gowthamn
Sure looks like another camera on the "C" pillar. Looks like the driver side is covered with tape but the passenger side is not.

That white rectangle on the back pillars are interesting. Additional sensors? Cameras? If cameras, for AP 2.0 (and what would that mean for current S and X models?) or for a 360 degree stitched view for parking? Or maybe they're just a strange design quirk of the prototype and won't be anything?

Clearly these cameras are to take photos of any passengers that enter the car using the Tesla Taxi Service so that we can photo I.D. for proof of TTS membership. /s

model-3-release-candidate-13-e1491345577838.jpg

model-3-release-candidate-4.jpg

Look at the side tail light sections, the drivers side isn't a final piece. It apprears they still haven't finished the charge port.

Can we get a Reddit edit comparing the trunk, similar to the one comparing the nose?

Not quite what I wanted. Not sure I see a difference. Harder to make out the trunk lines on the black vehicle, and the silver car is also angled slightly further away from the camera, which may explain the minor shape/size difference (trunk opening looks more horizontal on the black car) in the tail light area.

I also didn't view the trunk as a major issue after the first reveal.

SQsq2oG.jpg

I'm guessing they don't have the charge port light sections from the supplier yet. So they just have a 3D printed filler piece. The original mule cars had matching on both sides from what I remember. This is the first car that has non matching finish side tail light sections on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.