Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Tesla Model 3 prototype pictures with rare shot of the interior [Gallery]

XrSRN9p.webp
0X2xwBB.jpg
wenMG3e.jpg

I continue to wait for the M3 to begin to showing a more round cornered inviting interior. The generally angular straight lines of the photos so far look a bit flat and dare I say cheap-ish. For me, a slick modern 21st century exterior with a quality comfortable interior is the ideal. ummgood's color scheme works for me.

Love the new(?) trunk opening. Of course, it's not a "real liftback" still but I think that's as close as we can get with that back window, and as such, doesn't look too bad.

Edit: "real liftback" in the sense that the opening would be huge, but doesn't look too small either.

Dislike: Still the same ugly steering wheel, though the upside is that it's a steering wheel. Also, no additional instruments for the driver still. But I suppose we'll see those after the reveal at the end of this year. I hope.

For me, I don't personally like the type face used for the Model and Motor configuration. Looks to 'old school' for me, like it belongs from an American sedan from the late 90s. Of course it's a subjective opinion, but for me in a world full of Helvetica and 'clean, modern fonts', it looks out of date.

The font used for the TESLA logo is fine and I'm happy with that being integrated into the surround for the license plate. I'd just rather go with no other badges.

Reactions: Colsla
Love the new(?) trunk opening. Of course, it's not a "real liftback" still but I think that's as close as we can get with that back window, and as such, doesn't look too bad.

Edit: "real liftback" in the sense that the opening would be huge, but doesn't look too small either.

Dislike: Still the same ugly steering wheel, though the upside is that it's a steering wheel. Also, no additional instruments for the driver still. But I suppose we'll see those after the reveal at the end of this year. I hope.
That's the same as before. Probably just different camera angle makes the opening look larger than before.

I'm not really sure why everyone is spending so much time "Zaprudering" these pictures of the interior.

It is literally the same car from the reveal...the one whose interior we were told to disregard because it wasn't yet finished.

Why do you think Tesla hasn't commented on these photos or gotten angry about the leak?

If these photos were of the actual finished interior, EM would have tweeted, or expressed some disappointment that some of the suspense was eliminated from Reveal 2.0. But not a peep from them....why? Because these pics, of that interior, mean nothing.

Enjoy your Friday.

Hmm, the interior of the Matte Black has been seen before, at the reveal test drive, a little later at the factory (see a link I included below). The main difference, to me, is I have never seen it with this image on the 15" screen. The other difference is there seems to be at least 3 different wheels that have been installed on the Matte Black version (unless they have multiple versions of the Matte Black Model 3). From what I can tell, there are the wheels that were installed during the reveal, then the wheels installed when the MBM3 was seen at the factory (also a pic of the interior) (Eye-Catching Matte Black Tesla Model 3 Goes Out In The Wild - Gallery), and the wheels most recently seen in the video.

Hmm, the interior of the Matte Black has been seen before, at the reveal test drive, a little later at the factory (see a link I included below). The main difference, to me, is I have never seen it with this image on the 15" screen. The other difference is there seems to be at least 3 different wheels that have been installed on the Matte Black version (unless they have multiple versions of the Matte Black Model 3). From what I can tell, there are the wheels that were installed during the reveal, then the wheels installed when the MBM3 was seen at the factory (also a pic of the interior) (Eye-Catching Matte Black Tesla Model 3 Goes Out In The Wild - Gallery), and the wheels most recently seen in the video.
Interesting how the image seems to show Model S graphic (at least to my eyes). Should be only 2 wheel versions, as the reveal and later pics at the factory are the same. The recent video shows black version of the wheels that were on the silver car.

Who knows how old these pics are though? I see no indication that they were taken recently. Sure, they were uploaded recently, but I believe taken much closer before/after the reveal, since it has the "Model 3" license plate and not a manufacturers plate.

That's the same as before. Probably just different camera angle makes the opening look larger than before.

Checked one of the reveal videos, you seem to be right. What I did notice now that the rep who opened the trunk didn't let it open all the way up, at least that's what it looks like. In any case, that picture looks pretty good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.