Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: tracksyde
This video really shows how tiny the hood is. It slopes down very aggressively. I still think it looks stubby, especially with how bulbous the back is.

True. It has a much smaller front end than most other cars.

But that's in large part because it doesn't need a large engine compartment. So you can get more cabin passenger space, better visibility, and (I'm guessing) better aerodynamics with this type of shape.

Function > Form, I say.

(And most people think it still looks good anyway. So, bonus.) :)

This video really shows how tiny the hood is. It slopes down very aggressively. I still think it looks stubby, especially with how bulbous the back is.

Right. I think they needed to do that to maximize battery and the passenger compartment, right? The battery sits between the back & front wheels (i.e., the wheelbase), so the shorter the hood, the more batteries they can fit (within a fixed car length).

SUV wasn't following just happened to be there. The 3 was driving up and down the road circling back into the office park and then back out. We got relatively close but there were at least 3 people inside so could not get a clear view of the interior

Kinda sounds like they were trying to run the battery down, and/or run the odometer up. One of my pet theories is that the silver prototype is actually the "70D mule" for "testing third-generation systems" (per Electrek's source here), so it wouldn't surprise me to see them put some wear-and-tear on it by giving out rides to Tesla/SpaceX employees.

Let us know if you see it doing more laps over the coming days...

Reactions: Red Sage
Status
Not open for further replies.