Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to remember, did a metal roof ever get confirmed at the reveal or anything, or has everyone just been assuming this whole time that there would be one?

I think that in one of the test drive videos from the reveal you can hear the Tesla rep say they will offer metal, glass and sunroof but obviously things may have changed. I think the glass roofs are a nice Tesla signature and would make for an impressive base feature.

Better yet: Transparent Aluminum. Thank you Scotty
upload_2017-4-18_8-2-35.png

Come on Tesla.....lets show off those batteries.

If one looks at the other automakers, roof construction becomes a defining characteristic of the production process, or production line.

I recall a conversation with Honda about how the standard roof process allows some things, but not others.

I think it will be great if Tesla goes with glass. I don't know what it weighs, or how it performs acoustically (mid layer films and soft surfaces on the seating side can do a lot), or how it works in Texas and Arizona, but it could help dial in a process.

I think it will be great if Tesla goes with glass. I don't know what it weighs, or how it performs acoustically (mid layer films and soft surfaces on the seating side can do a lot), or how it works in Texas and Arizona, but it could help dial in a process.

I've gone to the National Drive Electric Week event the past 2 years, here in Houston it's at Ikea. The Model S owners I've talked to, who had the panoramic roof, loved it.

It'll be on September 16th this year. I highly recommend going and talking to the current owners. It's also held in Dallas, Austin and San Antonio if those are close to you, though they haven't set the date or location yet - check the events page for updates.

• Informative
Reactions: 22522
Sorry....blue is mine too :p I also call it, and I get blue by default because I have an existing Mercedes C230 Sport with that dark blue color, so my next car (the Model 3) has to be a blue one too.

Look up Audi Scuba Blue Metallic. Looks like Tesla bought a batch for this PC.

But I'll let you guys "have it". My last 2 cars have been blue, time to branch out.

Look up Audi Scuba Blue Metallic. Looks like Tesla bought a batch for this PC.

But I'll let you guys "have it". My last 2 cars have been blue, time to branch out.
Coincidentally I have a Scuba Blue Audi now (TTS). It can look widely different depending on the lighting. On overcast days, it is very dark, almost with a purple tint. On bright sunny days, it looks completely different. Much lighter and true blue color

I like the Model 3 in blue, but yeah might be time for something different.

Coincidentally I have a Scuba Blue Audi now (TTS). It can look widely different depending on the lighting. On overcast days, it is very dark, almost with a purple tint. On bright sunny days, it looks completely different. Much lighter and true blue color

I like the Model 3 in blue, but yeah might be time for something different.
I know.

My A3 is SBM.

The lighting in the PC pics looks a lot like it.

How many days since the last sighting?
Shouldn't we be seeing more of them ?
A friend of a guy I work with's uncle, who has close ties to a Tesla engineer, said that both of the RC's had motor failures and they haven't been able to successfully build working replacement motors yet. Better hurry up and sell your Tesla stock everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.