Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what your talking about. I have a non-performance Model X, that has exactly 3 brake lights, and one of them is mounted in the spoiler as that photo shows. The difference is that with performance the spoiler is adjustable, and can completely retract when the car is off. Mine is fixed at that height.
That's my impression too. I guess the question is does the performance version have another third brake light not on the spoiler, given it's retractable in this version.

Not sure if this is the exact location, but here is the relevant part I found:
S6.1.3 Mounting location.
S6.1.3.1 Each lamp, reflective device, and item of associated equipment must be securely mounted on a rigid part of the vehicle, other than glazing, that is not designed to be removed except for repair, within the mounting location and height limits as specified in Table I, and in a location where it complies with all applicable photometric requirements, effective projected luminous lens area requirements, and visibility requirements with all obstructions considered.
S6.1.3.2 When multiple lamp arrangements for rear turn signal lamps, stop lamps, or taillamps are used, with only a portion of the lamps installed on a fixed part of the vehicle, the lamp or lamps that are installed to the non-fixed part of the vehicle will be considered auxiliary lamps.
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2016-title49-vol6/xml/CFR-2016-title49-vol6-sec571-108.xml
On the i3 I had all the brake lights were mounted on the hatch. When the hatch is open though, the rear fog lights that are mounted in the bumper become brake lights. There are several other vehicles that have this configuration.

Am I the only one who now inwardly cringes whenever I see this thread pop to the top?
You have this option:
Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 9.04.55 PM.png

I do not.

At least the discussion is revolving around something in a sighting..

Sorry, didn't realise it was such an ugly link. Appears on /r/teslamotors...

View attachment 226612
The car looks great in red!

This one has a softer split five spoke wheel - so we are seeing some trim level differentiation.
It also has a C-pillar sensor. I wonder which way it is pointing, and if redundant sensors pointing forward at the same angle require less cpu time to make sense of. In other words, does it point forward just like the one on the B-pillar and is it computationally very easy to get useful function from it. For example, do not change lanes into a truck.

Or maybe it just points the way it has to, and gets treated individually. The rear facing side camera is low. This is high.

Maybe it is for people getting into and out of the back seat when the car is a taxi, if people want to keep riders out of the front seat?

Personal space up front and public space in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.