Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 New Pricing, up $400

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called my local Tesla store. It’s $45,900 with autopilot

That price fills a good price gap for Tesla, otherwise you have a US$10K gap between the SR+ and the LR AWD, which is a 25% price differential.
The LR RWD drops roughly in the middle of that., so you have Model 3 configurations which go (all with AP): US$40K to $46K to $50K to $60K
Yes, I ignored the SR, which would be $38.4 K configured with AP

OK, that seems to be the consensus. So $45,900 for a LR RWD with AP when previously it would have been $48,500. That’s a really good deal. There may be some end of quarter discounts coming up on inventory models but I don’t see them building the LR RWD model for inventory at this point so I’d say this is a good price to jump on before they change their minds if you have been waiting for a good buying opportunity.

Previously $47,500. At least that's what I paid last Thursday.
Waiting to hear back from my sales rep to see if they can adjust my price, or if I'll have to cancel and re-order.

Previously $47,500. At least that's what I paid last Thursday.
Waiting to hear back from my sales rep to see if they can adjust my price, or if I'll have to cancel and re-order.

I was able to get the lower price a few weeks ago when prices dropped between my order and delivery. If for some reason your first sales rep won't do it, try to talk to a different one, or call the national sales line and get them to do it. I spoke to at least three people at Tesla who all agreed that I should get the lower price, and it took a number of calls, but they did give it to me (without reordering). However, they wouldn't do it when the price dropped first happened -- not until I had a delivery date. (One person said "you'll get the lower price; the team is going through and updating the orders with delivery dates" and another said "we're working on it" but did not actually do anything... until I had the delivery date and then on my next round of calls they all hopped to it. Maybe it was that the delivery people were on top of it and the sales people weren't? Not sure.)

I was told the same "you will get the price adjusted when you take delivery" - when I pushed back asking for an updated order agreement, my sales rep decided the best way to do that would be to cancel and re-order, so that's what I did. In these unstable times, don't want to risk another price change in a few days and then I'm stuck with the old pricing.

I was told the same "you will get the price adjusted when you take delivery" - when I pushed back asking for an updated order agreement, my sales rep decided the best way to do that would be to cancel and re-order, so that's what I did. In these unstable times, don't want to risk another price change in a few days and then I'm stuck with the old pricing.

I just refreshed my Tesla account page, and the price has been adjusted.

Reactions: Magellan55
Another spin on this is that the LR RWD got to be an even better deal. Only 1.4k more for autopilot.
Love my 2018 LR RWD but I would have loved to wait for this one instead. $4350 (+higher taxes for higher MSRP car) for summon, autopark and navigate on autopilot is not worth it to me. Also waiting a full year to get my federal tax credit was annoying.

2018 LR RWD $49k+$5k EAP - $7500 tax credit = $46,500

2019 LR RWD $45.9k w/AP - $3750 = $42,150

Agreed. The "off the Menu" Model 3 trims are the better price. Hence, why they are "off the menu".

I have been tracking the prices this year. The best deal for a Model 3 (without AP standard) was the early part of March 2019 (2/28 to 3/20).

Agreed. The "off the Menu" Model 3 trims are the better price. Hence, why they are "off the menu". .
IMO respectfully disagree. Before yesterday, the on-menu LR AWD was a better deal than the off-menu LR RWD (only $2K for for AWD that's a deal). As of yesterday, if you don't need AWD, the LR RWD became the better deal ($4K less) and I jumped on it today.

Reactions: 67King
IMO respectfully disagree. Before yesterday, the on-menu LR AWD was a better deal than the off-menu LR RWD (only $2K for for AWD that's a deal). As of yesterday, if you don't need AWD, the LR RWD became the better deal ($4K less) and I jumped on it today.

So then what are you disagreeing with? @GenSao stated that the off menu prices are better, and you ordered an off menu LR RWD price because it was a better deal.

So then what are you disagreeing with? @GenSao stated that the off menu prices are better, and you ordered an off menu LR RWD price because it was a better deal.
Chill mode on. It was stated that prices are off menu because they are better. Not always the case was what I was pointing out (specifically between Sundays LR RWD off menu price and Mondays LR RWD off menu price).

Last edited:
Another spin on this is that the LR RWD got to be an even better deal. Only 1.4k more for autopilot.
Love my 2018 LR RWD but I would have loved to wait for this one instead. $4350 (+higher taxes for higher MSRP car) for summon, autopark and navigate on autopilot is not worth it to me. Also waiting a full year to get my federal tax credit was annoying.

2018 LR RWD $49k+$5k EAP - $7500 tax credit = $46,500

2019 LR RWD $45.9k w/AP - $3750 = $42,150

Your calculations of slightly off.
2018 LR RWD 49k + 1k ( color) + premium upgrade 5k no EAP is 55k - 7,500k. Right?

2019 is a better deal.