Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 not remembering charge rate that I set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I set mine up and then checked my Sense (whole home power meter) and confirmed the car charged last night at 8kW. So mine is working.

What I mean is I pull into the garage, and pull up the charging screen in the car. It says 48/48 amps at 1am at this location. Then I get out of the car, plug in the wall connector, and the screen now says 32/48 amps at 1am.

If I charge it immediately or let it start at the delay, it charges at the correct amps.

I have also verified that I can change the amperage at any time while charging.... except I have not yet tested that in the middle of the night.
Great to hear it is working. Thanks for the confirmation. Still trying to figure out what is unique about my situation. I can stop charging, then start again and the setting sticks. But after a certain amount of time (at least an hour it appears) it resets to 48.

Reactions: Park2670
We can test that theory pretty easy. Does it say home or other charging in the stats?
Oooh. Great point. I’d never really looked at the app’s charge stats since it was introduced (I have an actual utility-grade meter on my wall connector).

Every bit of my home charging (71% of all charging) is labeled home. So geo-location does’t seem to be the issue.

Reactions: Park2670