Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was this for a performance model? I cannot understand what's taking so long for ours, a performance/awd, which we ordered 6/30. I'm about ready to cancel ours and reorder. Ours is still showing the edit button on our portal.
Have you called and badgered them? Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Something has gone wrong with your order; it's gotten lost. Get them to assign you a new delivery person. Escalate as much as you need to. If you've already done that, let us know...

Reactions: cablue
Have you called and badgered them? Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Something has gone wrong with your order; it's gotten lost. Get them to assign you a new delivery person. Escalate as much as you need to. If you've already done that, let us know...
I've never been given a delivery person. I've talked with so many people already. Everyone keeps saying they'll bring it to the attention of someone higher up, and I never hear anything again. Or, I'm told everything is fine. It will happen. "I know it's frustrating." Well, yes, it is frustrating!

Waiting on the VIN number but we'll be picking our car up Sept. 29th
LR AWD - Blue - no autopilot
Order date: 07/20/18
Pickup date scheduled: 09/29/18
previous owner: no
Reservation holder: No

Will update the spreadsheet when VIN is assigned
I thought the same thing, but white. Unfortunately, they don’t actually have a car for me. I recommend talking to someone at the SLC delivery center ASAP to verify.

I've never been given a delivery person. I've talked with so many people already. Everyone keeps saying they'll bring it to the attention of someone higher up, and I never hear anything again. Or, I'm told everything is fine. It will happen. "I know it's frustrating." Well, yes, it is frustrating!

Tell them, politely, that if you don't hear from a manager within a week, you will cancel your order because it's obvious they aren't planning to build your car at all and you might as well get your money back.

@Troy - I updated my delivery date and VIN date, once received, but this evening when we went to pick up our car, they discovered that the car / VIN given had black seats, instead of our white seats! AAARRRGGGHHH.

So now I'm back to No VIN, No delivery date, no appointment date, no anything... I tried to go back in and change those dates back to null, but the spreadsheet does not appear to allow that (or at least I couldn't figure out how to do that.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
@Troy - I updated my delivery date and VIN date, once received, but this evening when we went to pick up our car, they discovered that the car / VIN given had black seats, instead of our white seats! AAARRRGGGHHH.

So now I'm back to No VIN, No delivery date, no appointment date, no anything... I tried to go back in and change those dates back to null, but the spreadsheet does not appear to allow that (or at least I couldn't figure out how to do that.

Never mind... Tesla has already contacted us saying that they have matched us to another car, so I will update the spreadsheet with that information! Delivery scheduled for Wednesday, Sept 26.

You're clearly in the group whose orders are not being processed due to computer system errors. Make someone walk through all the details in the computer system and make sure they're right (delivery location, options, payments credited, name, address, etc.), and make sure the order is in "processing".

If they can't get your order straightened out,go to the newspapers. Bad press seems to be the only way to get Elon's attention sometimes -- it's ridiculous.

• Disagree
Reactions: webdbbt and qwer
Never mind... Tesla has already contacted us saying that they have matched us to another car, so I will update the spreadsheet with that information! Delivery scheduled for Wednesday, Sept 26.

Tesla contacted me again and said they may be able to have the car to me by tomorrow (Sunday, 9/23). If they pull that off, I will have to give them props for making the situation right so quickly!

Picked up my Model 3 last Sat at Littleton, CO. Had a trade in with remainder by cashiers check. Showed up a half hour early but that was not a problem for them. Paperwork was spot on, no changes to balance due or anything else. That part went smooth. The orientation/inspection part was not so smooth. Here are my objections:

1. I was told at Park Meadows that they would put the front license plate holder on for me then at delivery they said I had to do it myself.
2. When the guy was showing us about charging he started to pitch Tesla Solar Panels until I told him we were not interested (in a very forceful tone).
3. He never even tried to suggest that we inspect the car. He just said "o.k., your ready to go". The inside paperwork guy did tell us we had 72 hours to inspect the car and bring it back if we found anything. We have not found anything yet.

Overall, thrilled with the car and paperwork was good, not so happy with taking delivery. I will say that they were swamped. They must have delivered a lot of cars last Sat.

• Informative
You're clearly in the group whose orders are not being processed due to computer system errors. Make someone walk through all the details in the computer system and make sure they're right (delivery location, options, payments credited, name, address, etc.), and make sure the order is in "processing".

If they can't get your order straightened out,go to the newspapers. Bad press seems to be the only way to get Elon's attention sometimes -- it's ridiculous.
They did see my order, mentioning that it's fully loaded, except for the FSD. They saw our payment, know our address, etc... Still nothing - told to just wait, he's sure I'll be hearing something any day now. I still, today, have my edit button. He said don't pay attention to what I'm reading on the Internet, that it's typical for orders to take as long as mine. He said I won't have a designated person for my order yet, not until I get assigned a VIN and delivery date. And, again, we've been owners since 2013 and have now had 3 Teslas. We're also just 2 hours from the factory.

• Informative
@Troy, My entry (desiGeek) disappeared from the VIN Queue Tab.
Earlier I had a Scheduled Delivery date of 9/22 which I had updated in the spreadsheet on 9/7. On 9/18 I called local service center to inquire about my delivery and they said they don't have my car and they removed the delivery date from my account. I tried to update the spreadsheet using my edit link on 9/22 and I wrongly set the scheduled delivery date as 1/1/0001(as I could not null it out) and after that I am not seeing my entry(desiGeek) on the VIN Queue Tab.

@Troy, My entry (desiGeek) disappeared from the VIN Queue Tab.
Earlier I had a Scheduled Delivery date of 9/22 which I had updated in the spreadsheet on 9/7. On 9/18 I called local service center to inquire about my delivery and they said they don't have my car and they removed the delivery date from my account. I tried to update the spreadsheet using my edit link on 9/22 and I wrongly set the scheduled delivery date as 1/1/0001(as I could not null it out) and after that I am not seeing my entry(desiGeek) on the VIN Queue Tab.
It is fixed now after reediting the form and selecting scheduled delivery date as 01/01/2020.