Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

New to the forum and thought I would add my info.
I'm From Switzerland (Geneva) and ordered a Model 3 - Performance 20" wheels, Black/Black on the 9th of July.
Still waiting on a VIN number (41 days and counting...). No sign of one in "manage page" Source-Code either. The customor service team, although very kind, is even less informed than the client.

I've been following Tracker SpreadSheet and Tesla Carriers (to EU) Spreadsheet, hoping that when unloading the cars from carriers the Tesla matching Algorithms will work magic - in vain (it actually only adds to the frustration...though, to be fair, i'm not tha patient type^^).
What's even more disorientating, is that the same spec car has been delivered to other EU customors (good for them ;) ) with a later configuration/order date (serves Switzerland right for not being in the same EU legislation I guess haha).

Anyhow, US customers, consider yourselves lucky with 1-2-3 week(s) delivery expectation times ;) the waiting is hard when you're an overgrown child waiting for his toy.

I'll poste updates (if any) for people interested.

Ugh, I didn’t fill out the very last section (payment details with your bank address etc) because I thought I needed a VIN first. I just did that (3 weeks after deposit and doing all the other steps). Now it says they’re working on the contract. I really hope I didn’t just now enter the queue.

Ugh, I didn’t fill out the very last section (payment details with your bank address etc) because I thought I needed a VIN first. I just did that (3 weeks after deposit and doing all the other steps). Now it says they’re working on the contract. I really hope I didn’t just now enter the queue.

Not to be a downer, but that sounds like exactly what has happened. :-/

Yeah that's normal. Mine has been like that for a while now.

It seems like I am in the similar situation as you, I placed an order for Model 3 performance white/white in Paramus NJ on July 25. No vin assigned so far, I have been in contact with Sales Rep and customer service and same answer every time "WE ARE WAITING FOR A VIN TO BE ASSIGNED". I am not able to find any match with something in inventory with similar configuration. Unable to understand what is cause of the delay.

It seems like I am in the similar situation as you, I placed an order for Model 3 performance white/white in Paramus NJ on July 25. No vin assigned so far, I have been in contact with Sales Rep and customer service and same answer every time "WE ARE WAITING FOR A VIN TO BE ASSIGNED". I am not able to find any match with something in inventory with similar configuration. Unable to understand what is cause of the delay.

Oh no, we both got the same configuration from Paramus. I would assume (but probably not) ours will be on the same truck. I did mine on the 22nd and I get the same answers you, they know nothing.

They have to make the car? From reading around here, white is in short supply since the default color change, with white interior taking even longer.

Looking at the spreadsheet I see that 19 inch sport wheels is what causes VIN delay. I ordered mine on August 12, still no VIN. Several people who ordered the exact same Model 3 with 18 inch aero wheels already received their VINs and some even got their teslas delivered.

Should I change my order to 18 inch wheels?

I was already on the fence about the wheels anyway. 18 inch are more efficient, quiter, cheaper to replace tires, can ride with and without aero caps. 19 inch ones handle better, better grip on tires.

Not sure i understand source code. Can someone help me with this. (sorry for not being being computer nerd)

In your browser, right click on the page and choose "View Source" or "Page Source". You'll get a window with the HTML behind the page. You can then search the page text (CTRL-F or similar) for 5YJ. Those are the three first characters of a Tesla VIN number. If you don't find that, you don't have a VIN assigned yet.

In your browser, right click on the page and choose "View Source" or "Page Source". You'll get a window with the HTML behind the page. You can then search the page text (CTRL-F or similar) for 5YJ. Those are the three first characters of a Tesla VIN number. If you don't find that, you don't have a VIN assigned yet.
Thanks. No VIN found, however shows delivery for 8/29 4:00 PM on order page now. I guess its a progress.

Reactions: Mongenel