Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking that once they do open up a new option (be it white interior, or AWD) it will create absolute havoc at the factory/delivery logistics. We've had 8-9 batches of invites, each with around 1000-2000 (and over 3000 for the Feb 22 batch), which represent over 17,000 total invites to date (if you believe the estimates in the tracker spreadsheet). And of course a certain percentage of those 17,000 represent deferrals for various reasons. But take any given reason (AWD, white interior, SR, etc.) and make it available, and it's basically like a whole new mega-batch of invites goes out, because the people that deferred already have their invites and were just waiting for that moment. If they wait much longer to introduce these options, time-to-delivery for some people will likely be months if only due to the fact that there might be 6000 people ready to configure an AWD all of a sudden! The only hope they have is to get production rate all the way up to 5K/week, but the longer they wait to offer those options, the worse the problem gets. Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I was thinking the same thing. But "havoc" is a strong word. Maybe delivery takes an extra month or two. But we'll still get our cars, and configured the way we want.

I was thinking that once they do open up a new option (be it white interior, or AWD) it will create absolute havoc at the factory/delivery logistics. We've had 8-9 batches of invites, each with around 1000-2000 (and over 3000 for the Feb 22 batch), which represent over 17,000 total invites to date (if you believe the estimates in the tracker spreadsheet). And of course a certain percentage of those 17,000 represent deferrals for various reasons. But take any given reason (AWD, white interior, SR, etc.) and make it available, and it's basically like a whole new mega-batch of invites goes out, because the people that deferred already have their invites and were just waiting for that moment. If they wait much longer to introduce these options, time-to-delivery for some people will likely be months if only due to the fact that there might be 6000 people ready to configure an AWD all of a sudden! The only hope they have is to get production rate all the way up to 5K/week, but the longer they wait to offer those options, the worse the problem gets. Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

All they'd have to do is enable the new options in people's accounts in batches. No need to open it up to everybody at once.

I can't edit my input on the sheet to add my vin when logged in. The edit link brings me to a blank form. What is weird is, that if i click on some other peoples links it appears i could change theirs if I wanted to.

This is great, I appreciate all the input here!

I am trying to extrapolate the data off that form, info from Tesla, and the statement when reserving a spot of, "reservations made now are fulfilled fall 2018". Wondering how accurate that statement is?

*I apologize if this was covered in the last 14 pages of data and I missed it.

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12
Sorry, I don't have write access to the spreadsheet. Since @Troy was banned recently, I think the only TMC member can edit the modle 3 invite spreadsheet is @chojn1.

@bidiot it’s very easy to update your own entry. I just did it to mine a short while ago. Just click on the “click to edit” link next to your name on the spreadsheet and click on the google doc link listed there and it will bring you to a submission form that lets you update your record in the spreadsheet.

Just added a similar comment to the VIN assignment thread, but several are claiming white should be next in line for production. But when I sort by VIN and color, black looks next up to me. Black VINs have only been reported as high as the 6000s, while white has been reported in the 7000s and 8000s.

Am I missing something here?

Just added a similar comment to the VIN assignment thread, but several are claiming white should be next in line for production. But when I sort by VIN and color, black looks next up to me. Black VINs have only been reported as high as the 6000s, while white has been reported in the 7000s and 8000s.

Am I missing something here?
As great as the spreadsheet is there are holes in the data. Such as I saw in person a 7600 Black sport yesterday. Also being team black and from the Owner invites I feel your pain, and agree Black really feels like its up next in assignments, even if its from some older vins. You have 10 days on me but trust me when I say I feel your pain on the wait when people from 2/28 config are getting delivery dates. Its coming, I only have until the 21st until ill be in a very hard spot loan wise, so hopefully this week for both of us things get moving..

Reactions: nonstickrobot