Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you look at the MOR-EV funding page, it shows total rebates issued since program began of over $12M. The current round was only around $4M and is dated Sept 2017 to Present. I think the program started in 2014.
I suppose its possible they won't renew it, but I'm guessing that they will. It is Massachusetts after all.
do you know if the funds are refreshed before it hits 0 or after?? I haven't experienced a depletion yet so I'm wondering if it should increase before hitting rock bottom so I don't freak out

Sorry, I don't have write access to the spreadsheet. Since @Troy was banned recently, I think the only TMC member can edit the modle 3 invite spreadsheet is @chojn1.

@Kipp,
@Troy has put in the vast majority of work on the spreadsheet. I made sure early on that he has owner privilege, so no he is never banned.

On another note, this spreadsheet belongs to everyone who contributed to it, not just us.
We are just custodian for the data set. We did put in a few limitation and security measures in place to protect the data.
Sorry for those inconveniences, but without those measures, the data will not be worth very much.

Do continue to let us know how we can improve the spreadsheet and any new direction you want to take it.

CJ

@chojn1, can a column be added to enter the manufacture date once delivery is taken from the driver's side sticker?
This will help with the question of how VINs are assigned/produced (although we will only have month/year). For example there are 54xx VINs assigned in Jan, Feb and Mar, it will be interesting if the production month is the same as the VIN assignment month.

@Francop,

That is a great idea. The problem is getting the lucky new owners to stop driving their new toy and come back to update the spreadsheet. Is there a way to pull production date from NHTSA website?

Last edited:
@chojn1, with the number of entries on the spreadsheet growing rapidly and about to get much larger as Tesla ramps up, I thought it might be worth considering adding tabs to the spreadsheet that break it down by quarters, like the Model S spreadsheet here: Model S Order & Delivery 2017 & 2018

That should make the spreadsheet more user-friendly as owners can easily focus on current data, which is what most people care about. Just a thought!

The timing seems good because most new invites after this point won't be delivered until after March 31.

Last edited:
I thought I was properly editing my entry on the delivery spreadsheet, but apparently not. There are now 2 entries for me and I apologize. If anyone can direct me to deletion of the new one, I would appreciate the information. Thank you!

3/31/16 line waiter with 10:24 AM reservation.
2/28/16 invitation and configuration.
3/15/18 VIN received 100xx
Pearl white, 19' sports wheels, EAP

I think the problem was two entries: trojaneen and Trojaneen. Regardless, Troy took care of it.

@chojn1, with the number of entries on the spreadsheet growing rapidly and about to get much larger as Tesla ramps up, I thought it might be worth considering adding tabs to the spreadsheet that break it down by quarters, like the Model S spreadsheet here: Model S Order & Delivery 2017 & 2018

That should make the spreadsheet more user-friendly as owners can easily focus on current data, which is what most people care about. Just a thought!

@EinSV,
Early on we did have different groups in individual tabs, but there were just too many unwieldy tabs. So, we combined all the entries into a single tab. We decided that we could sort and filter the data or use tables and graphs to get the the focused views we need. Hopefully the only time you have to look at all the entries is to find your own entry for editing.

Hopefully the only time you have to look at all the entries is to find your own entry for editing.
I go to the details page every day to sort by VIN assignment date (newest on top, no blanks) to see various stats on what VINs were assigned, which colors/wheel sizes and delivery location they were. I have to do this with a temporary filter. I suspect that is a typical filter and would be good to add to the list of canned filters.

Where do we see VIN if assigned in Tesla account?

This was my first question when I joined. I hear you see it on the main page under the RN. Also on the detail page it shows the VIN under the RN. Not having a VIN though I am relaying what I was told. I think somewhere someone did a screenshot but there are three different threads about VINs. Not sure which one it was in.

Can some one fix the spreadsheet who has write access, please move link "Click here for a visual step by step guide on how to filter and sort" not to come into column K "configuration date", not able to sort or filter by column K "configuration date" anymore.

Trying to use the spreadsheet and estimate my delivery. Invite 02/22, but configured on 03/13, non-owner, Black/Aero/AP. Can someone look at the spreadsheet and provide approx delivery date?
With all due respect to Troy, I really don't think the spreadsheet is going to help you nail down your delivery date at that level of detail! I think it just assumes 4 weeks or something like that. In reality, it's going to depend on your geographical location, where they are in the color/wheel production cycle, and the whims of Tesla themselves (i.e. they appear to currently be employing a strategy to work east to west in deliveries in order to maximize deliveries this quarter--once the quarter is over I think we will get back to a slightly more predictable timeframe from configure -> VIN -> delivery -- still based on geographical location and color/wheel production cycle of course).