Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Configured last night (8/26/18) and added my data point:

Model LR3D
Midnight Silver Exterior
Black Interior
18’’ Aero Wheels
EAP
Columbia, SC (Charlotte)

Amazing work on the spreadsheet!

(Edit: Not a prior owner or reservation holder.)

Hey man, I'm thinking about placing an order within a couple weeks, keep me updated on your delivery dates whenever they come up! Hopefully we can get them before the end of 2018

Reactions: copyhacker
Configured last night (8/26/18) and added my data point:

Model LR3D
Midnight Silver Exterior
Black Interior
18’’ Aero Wheels
EAP
Columbia, SC (Charlotte)

Amazing work on the spreadsheet!

(Edit: Not a prior owner or reservation holder.)

I've got the exact same configuration and same situation (not prior owner, no reservation), placed order on 8/7/18.

What is the delivery time frame showing online for you?

“Estimated delivery Oct. '18 - Dec. '18”

The spreadsheet tea leaves are currently indicating Nov 30, FWIW.

OK, same for me.

When I first ordered I was told the 2-4 month time frame was fairly conservative and that 2-3 months was more likely.

I figure I should have delivery by the second week of November, which is in line with the tracking spreadsheet. I did call the hotline today because I was thinking of changing exterior color, but decided not to because of what I already know - it'll likely push me to the back of the line for that particular configuration. The agent on the phone also said there was no information he could share that wasn't already available to me online.

Reactions: copyhacker
@Nvbob, there is a Google form HERE if you want to add your data. All links are also available in the opening message. The data you post here is not added to the spreadsheet. However, others who see those kind messages keep posting the same thing here. Therefore I wish you would remove it.

I don't add forum data to the sheet manually because there are far too many entries (30-40/day) and the data needs to be edited over time. For example, in your case, the delivery date is missing. I don't let other people add spotted data to the sheet either because that would make it possible to vandalize the data. We use a google form that allows one entry per user and you can open the same form again to edit your data.

A few messages ago somebody started the trend of posting data here and other people who see that do the same thing which is meaningless but it looks like we can't stop it now without deleting those messages.

@hotony13, yes, the situation for the Model 3 LR looks pretty good as there is hardly any queue. Max wait time until delivery should be 35 days.

Last edited:
Feel free to add me to your spreadsheet:

Model 3, Dual Motor AWD
Silver Metallic, 18" Aero Wheels, Premium Black Interior, Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving.
Non-owner.
Not a reservation holder.
7/25/18 order date.
Scottsdale, AZ
No VIN yet (September-November was my estimate at order and it hasn't changed)

@Nvbob, there is a Google form HERE if you want to add your data. All links are also available in the opening message. The data you post here is not added to the spreadsheet. However, others who see those kind messages keep posting the same thing here. Therefore I wish you would remove it.

I don't add forum data to the sheet manually because there are far too many entries (30-40/day) and the data needs to be edited over time. For example, in your case, the delivery date is missing. I don't let other people add spotted data to the sheet either because that would make it possible to vandalize the data. We use a google form that allows one entry per user and you can open the same form again to edit your data.

A few messages ago somebody started the trend of posting data here and other people who see that do the same thing which is meaningless but it looks like we can't stop it now without deleting those messages.

@hotony13, yes, the situation for the Model 3 LR looks pretty good as there is hardly any queue. Max wait time until delivery should be 35 days.

Troy,
Already had an entry on the spreadsheet and just "edited" to add vin assigned.

@hotony13, I think they give you maximum 7 days to take delivery and then the car is assigned to somebody else.

Currently, configuration to delivery for Model 3 LR in California is 13 days on average. It changes between 8-17 days. The times are longer for other states. I recommend ordering now if you can take delivery in 8-17 days. It is unclear what they will do. They could stop LR production in a few weeks.

Last edited:
@hotony13, I think they give you maximum 7 days to take delivery and then the car is assigned to somebody else.

Currently, configuration to delivery for Model 3 LR in California is 13 day on average. It changes between 8-17 days. The times are longer for other states. I recommend ordering now if you can take delivery in 8-17 days. It is unclear what they will do. They could stop LR production in a few weeks.

Well, assuming I place an order tomorrow (without holding any prior reservations or w/o any previous Tesla ownership), I'd be leaving town September 19th-ish. So that is just about a 3 week period (21 days) so.. that's cutting it pretty close, but relying on this data solely.

@hotony13, all I can do is to provide the data. You need to make the decision. Here are the most recent Model 3 LR orders from California by non-reservation holders who don't have ownership priority. There are a few 17 days and one 18 day in the last column and a few unknowns with missing data.

@starter146, @scottman71, @calokie, @sypher077, are you still waiting for LR? If not, can you open the form here and add a VIN and a delivery date? Thanks

TH0I2ZO.gif

Hi everyone. 4/1/16 reservation holder here. Live in Colorado Springs and waited for the dual motor to be announced. Was ready to order the dual motor non-performance and then drove a P3D with PUP at the Park Meadows Mall in Denver today. Free referral supercharging made the decision even easier. Ordered 2 hours later.

Res 4/1/16
Ordered 8/27/18 with referral code
Deliver “by October ‘18”
P3D/PUP/MSM/White/EAP

Look forward to the wait and learning as much as possible from all of you before it arrives!

Hi everyone. 4/1/16 reservation holder here. Live in Colorado Springs and waited for the dual motor to be announced. Was ready to order the dual motor non-performance and then drove a P3D with PUP at the Park Meadows Mall in Denver today. Free referral supercharging made the decision even easier. Ordered 2 hours later.

Res 4/1/16
Deliver “by October ‘18”
P3D/PUP/MSM/White/EAP

Look forward to the wait and learning as much as possible from all of you before it arrives!

Would've loved to be financially capable of affording a performance version, or maybe even dual motor, but I know I am going to love my RWD all the same! Grats on your purchase!

Res 4/1/16
Deliver “by October ‘18”
P3D/PUP/MSM/White/EAP

Congrats and welcome. There is a Colorado waiting room thread you may find useful for local info. I'm in the Springs as well.