Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just put in my order a few hours ago for a LR AWD. Coming from a fleet of gas guzzlers...IS300, RX7, two 4runners, and a CTR.

5d0054a1279a31aab400e3e2d5f15326.jpg

Unfortunately I’ll be trading in the CTR to get the Model 3 but it was something I should have waited for haha. Made a rash decision to get the CTR before my reservation for the Model 3 came up and passed on my reservation back in July. After some difficult decisions I decided that the Model 3 would be a better daily.

Better the CTR than the FD3

First, the facts:

Order Date: 10/23/18
VIN Received:11/09/18
Delivery Date: 11/15/18
VIN: 79838
Previous Owner: Yes, Model S
Reservation Holder: Yes

M3 Performance + Upgrade
EAP
Red Multi-Coat
Black and White Interior

Ordered a red P3D on October 23rd. Delivery estimator showed December '18. Imagine my surprise when on November 2nd I got an email stating, "Your car is ready!" with a delivery date of November 16th! I'm in Texas, so I figured there was no way in hell that was going to happen since I've been told that Tesla won't even put your car on a truck until it's completely paid for. Tesla received all the monies this past Monday (November 12th), and I expected the actual delivery would be around two weeks from then. I'm a previous owner (Model S) and first-day reservation holder.

Yesterday I received a text message from the Tesla Austin Team to pin down a time for my Friday (November 16) appointment. They said they also had availability on Thursday, so I said, "Heck yes, please give me my car a day sooner!" And sure enough, after detailing my car at the service center, they drove it to my house for delivery within the appointment window. Quite pleased that I got it so quickly!

I spent some time scrutinizing the paint in the sun and only found two visible issues on the exterior (both of which I missed the first few times I walked around), and two scratches on the driver's door sill. Also, the two passenger side doors are not properly aligned (probably just one of them, but it's where they meet). The delivery agent (who works at the service center) took photos and said he'll add this information to my account. And told me if I find anything else, document it and call the service center. Other than these issues, the car looks fantastic, inside and out. Got immediate access to the Tesla app, setup bluetooth with my phone, and put the car on my WiFi network. It's installing an update right now!

VIN is 79838 and the car was built this month (11/18). I was a bit concerned due to the low VIN, but the car must have come right off the assembly line straight to Texas. I'm pretty pleased--my girlfriend took delivery of a blue LR 3 in August and it has more paint issues (which Tesla is having a body shop repair). I'm dropping the car off tomorrow morning for PPF treatment (full front, plus rear bumper and trunk lid). Then for window tinting after that (the Texas sun is brutal!)

I'm in Raleigh, NC and ordered a red/black LR AWD TM3 non-performance on 10/17... While the website still says Expected Delivery is Dec '18, the edit button is still visible and there's no VIN. I'm starting to get a bit nervous that we won't get it this year. It's also frustrating to read about everybody who ordered similar cars later and have already received delivery dates. Anybody else waiting for a car in Raleigh?

Me, but I ordered a blue with b&w interior Mid Range, which they have apparently made zero of so far.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Tesla just acquired trucking capacity to ensure Model 3 can be delivered in US by Dec 31 if ordered by Nov 30

Skipping rail saves over a month for East Coast deliveries. All things considered, it’s better to use trucks. Single load/unload & direct to owner location.

Will also be using dedicated roll-on, roll-off fast ships for transporting cars to Europe & Asia in Q1. Major focus on minimizing time from factory to new owner. Did not fully appreciate the working capital impact until recently.

We bought some trucking companies & secured contracts with major haulers to avoid trucking shortage mistake of last quarter

11/5 (Monday late afternoon) Placed Order Online (hoping for delivery in 2018)
11/9 (Friday) Received an email saying they were ready to schedule delivery (Total Surprise) on Nov 30th
11/13 (Tuesday) - Fully funded (noting, Monday was a bank holiday), told delivery would be earlier but pending shipping before scheduling
11/16 (Friday) - Vehicle is in Texas - Pending state inspection (24-48 hour process).
11/19 (Monday Afternoon) - Scheduled for Direct to Home delivery - Fingers crossed

Time from Order to Delivery 14 days

Model 3 LR AWD / Red / Black Interior / Aero Wheels

Communication has been good, but they certainly prefer to "surprise and delight" rather than "over-commit and disappoint".

Ordered yesterday 11/11, LR, AWD, Black, Black interior, EAP
Estimated delivery Jan 19
Hope I can get it by EOY

Similar configuration (Model 3 LR AWD / Red / Black Interior / Aero Wheels / EAP) ordered 11/5 for delivery to Colleyville, TX - Just confirmed it's in Texas and scheduled delivery for Monday afternoon. Had the same concerns as you, but looks like it shouldn't be a problem.

Pick up: Bellevue, WA SC
Order Date: 11/7/18
VIN Received:11/16/18
Delivery Date: 11/23/18 (will edit if it doesn't happen)
VIN: 105884 (August production per the rep)
Previous Owner: No
Reservation Holder: No

M3 Performance + Upgrade
EAP
Midnight Silver
Black Interior

Similar configuration (Model 3 LR AWD / Red / Black Interior / Aero Wheels / EAP) ordered 11/5 for delivery to Colleyville, TX - Just confirmed it's in Texas and scheduled delivery for Monday afternoon. Had the same concerns as you, but looks like it shouldn't be a problem.
Just got a call from Tesla this afternoon. Scheduled home delivery on Nov 27 from 12pm-2pm. The payment portal hasn't been opened yet. She said I will be able to pay tomorrow.

Supposed to get delivery tomorrow for Mid-Range ordered on 10/18. I've been disappointed in the whole communication process with slow responses to emails, or not answering my question at all in the email, and not answering phone calls. I told them I was putting 18k down but when the payment option came through it was at 19.3k . I tried to get an explanation and they straight out didn't answer my question but I did not want to risk delaying the delivery.

Supposed to get delivery tomorrow for Mid-Range ordered on 10/18. I've been disappointed in the whole communication process with slow responses to emails, or not answering my question at all in the email, and not answering phone calls. I told them I was putting 18k down but when the payment option came through it was at 19.3k . I tried to get an explanation and they straight out didn't answer my question but I did not want to risk delaying the delivery.

My correspondence patterns with them has been nearly identical. Extremely poor.