Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's strange. I ordered on 10/11 via the website where it said 2-3 weeks! Not true! Sorry to hear of the financing issue. Tesla finances the cars, don't they know if they can't deliver that it is a big PITA to re-apply or re-qualify?

25 days was the average wait time to delivery in the US. Get concerned now. The rules have changed. What are they? Probably no one knows!

Agree. I haven’t passed that mark. If I get toward that “long tail” of wait times I’ll be disappointed.

Agree. I haven’t passed that mark. If I get toward that “long tail” of wait times I’ll be disappointed.

For things we see (or don't see) today - there is no precedent. I will say that Tesla has completely lost it's marbles if it doesn't start US production by early November. By the 2nd week in November, the chances of getting a car from Fremont overseas and delivered is pretty slim. The 2nd week in November will still end up being a big crunch for Q4 N. American sales.

If Tesla admits that they are not great on US logistics, then cutting the delivery window short again is not a good idea. Q3 bounced Tesla into the black ink again. Q4 has to build on that, not screw up deliveries and end up with undelivered cars.

Reactions: dillon
I reached out to my local Tesla contact and this is what he said about timing.

"Yeah we are looking towards the end of November/early december so the timing should work out for you... Just keep an eye on your Tesla account for a VIN. Once we get that, delivery will be soon."

Reactions: CruzTM3
10/17/19 - The day they changed the estimates from 2 weeks to 8-10 weeks for the performance. I am aiming for a late Nov/December delivery and was going to wait until November to order, but as soon as I saw the estimates change I just ordered and hope it gets here before the end of the year!
Ah okay. I ordered my White/White P3D non FSD 10/14. Website still said 2-3 weeks then, but yeah, my SA said this:

“Hey morning! Sorry for the late reply I was out of the office. The timelines were moved out from increased demands for the cars. Everyone is being pushed out because if this. The timelines are in December for delivery so I would set that expectation but since you got your deposit in sooner you will get your car sooner than everyone else.it is a small chance but you could potentially get it in November.”

We will see. I’ll be sure to update the spreadsheet accordingly whenever I hear anything.

Reactions: Solmors
Ah okay. I ordered my White/White P3D non FSD 10/14. Website still said 2-3 weeks then, but yeah, my SA said this:

“Hey morning! Sorry for the late reply I was out of the office. The timelines were moved out from increased demands for the cars. Everyone is being pushed out because if this. The timelines are in December for delivery so I would set that expectation but since you got your deposit in sooner you will get your car sooner than everyone else.it is a small chance but you could potentially get it in November.”

We will see. I’ll be sure to update the spreadsheet accordingly whenever I hear anything.

At least your sales rep is telling you at least some type of time line. I ask mine in Torrance & the response I got was:

"At the moment, we are still waiting on a vehicle of your desired configuration to be matched to your account as it is one of our most popular configurations!
We appreciate your patience!"

Reactions: CruzTM3
I've ordered on Oct 11th. M3 SR+ white ex, black int. Los Angeles.
I spoke to the delivery location - they know nothing more than this thread - but said they are expecting a big shipment in 6-8 weeks.
My sales rep couldn't find any info.
My ICE car is sold. I'll be biking 13miles to work and back next week. At least i'm in sunny SoCal. but still this unexpected delay is maddening.

I've ordered on Oct 11th. M3 SR+ white ex, black int. Los Angeles.
I spoke to the delivery location - they know nothing more than this thread - but said they are expecting a big shipment in 6-8 weeks.
My sales rep couldn't find any info.
My ICE car is sold. I'll be biking 13miles to work and back next week. At least i'm in sunny SoCal. but still this unexpected delay is maddening.
I also sold the ICE the Tesla was to replace. I thought I would need the money for the down payment. Didnt realize the wait would be 8 weeks (net said 2-3). At least I still have my Jeep

I also sold the ICE the Tesla was to replace. I thought I would need the money for the down payment. Didnt realize the wait would be 8 weeks (net said 2-3). At least I still have my Jeep

I sold mine part because the 2 weeks delivery projection and no sign of that not being accurate, but also because my car was very soon due to a 70k mi service and the next monthly payment so I wanted to avoid those costs. Plus found a dealership that bought my car closer to private party price so i had to pull the trigger.