Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not trying to be agitator, but has anyone here ever ordered a car new from another domestic brand? I'd say Tesla does an okay job compared to a lot of others. A coworker ordered a Challenger hellcat and once the order was in, they couldn't even nail down a month it would come, much less a week. They basically told him to go away until they called him telling him the car was built and shipped.

Yes, Tesla operates with almost entirely a made to order business, but still, I think they do okay. I knew there was uncertainty in timeframes when I gave them my money, so I made arrangements to be without a car for a couple months if they pushed out delivery dates. If I get the car before the end of the year, I'll count my self lucky and move on.

Would I appreciate a bit more info when ordering a $50k car, you bet. Am I going to hammer them for pushing a few weeks, nah. I'm more concerned about getting a quality vehicle when it arrives. Cheers.

In 2002, I ordered a 2003 Jeep Wrangler with a delivery date of 7/2003 with down payment of $2k. I was over seas at the time and wanted a vehicle waiting for me at the dealership when I landed in the US almost a year later. My intentions were to catch a cab to the dealership, pay for it in full, and head out. daimler-chrysler, only told me it wasn't at the dealership and kept me in the dark up to landing in the US. Dealership didn't know when it was coming in and they had no projected date for delivery, other than "soon." Delivery happened a month and a half later.

My experience with Tesla is different because I could have went to any dealership and picked up a TJ with nearly the same configuration the day I landed, but I would have lost a portion of my deposit. I decided to wait for the Jeep only after I got the discount of $1.5k. I was exceptionally pissed off with the Jeep experience at the time. I ordered the Tesla 10/9 and I am aware I can't get one anywhere else. Communication is perhaps a bit better with Tesla, probably just because of emailing directly with the a rep. They don't seem to know any more or less than my Jeep rep did.

I still have my Jeep

Attachments

• 20180613 Josh & Jeep Mustang Island.jpg
    20180613 Josh & Jeep Mustang Island.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Jbad
Ordered 10/18 LR/AWD, Denver CO. No VIN, no contact.

Patience is a virtue.... Or so I got my self in to believing...
Ordered 10/19 LR AWD blk on blk w 19" rims AP

Not a peep, but to be fair my SA told me from day 1 that it would most likely be mid December before car arrives. Central Coast CA
I can wait as many people have already just can't see not getting the tax credit....just saying.

@JeremyE and @ValXp Have either of you contacted Tesla in Littleton (assuming you're picking up there as well)? Today marks 2 weeks and I'm trying not to be impatient, but tempted to email and/or call just to ask.

Never mind, I emailed my SA and to my surprise she called me back (I was expecting just an email). She said she is expecting the same thing that happened last quarter. Big push at the end. She doesn't think we'll get our cars until December. So now to just try and not think about it until next month.

Never mind, I emailed my SA and to my surprise she called me back (I was expecting just an email). She said she is expecting the same thing that happened last quarter. Big push at the end. She doesn't think we'll get our cars until December. So now to just try and not think about it until next month.

Yeah. I'm trying not to think about it either but I'm still checking the Tesla site and this one every single day. *shrug*

(Positive!) Update to my previous post:

Despite being told twice by Tesla Support that my Oct 24 2019 order was not in the system, I received a call from a Corte Madera advisor on Nov 8 confirming my order. He estimated delivery target (I'm in northern CA) for 'the 2nd or 3rd week in December'.

So that is very reassuring and I hope this info may be helpful to others.

Reactions: tren01t and Jbad